Atlantis Online
October 22, 2019, 04:36:25 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Did Humans Colonize the World by Boat?
Research suggests our ancestors traveled the oceans 70,000 years ago
http://discovermagazine.com/2008/jun/20-did-humans-colonize-the-world-by-boat

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Health Care Is a Right, Not a Privilege

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Health Care Is a Right, Not a Privilege  (Read 1284 times)
Harconen
Superhero Member

« Reply #135 on: August 10, 2009, 01:50:17 pm »

George Soros Pledges $5 Million To Bankroll Health Care Reform Push, Group Says
http://theplumline.whorunsgov.com/health-care/george-soros-pledges-5-million-to-bankroll-health-care-reform-push-group-says/

In another sign of the urgency gripping the pro-health care reform camp, billionaire George Soros has pledged to sink $5 million into the fight, the group getting the money confirmed.

Soros — whose operation carefully guards the privacy of such donations — made the pledge to Health Care For America Now, the leading coalition of pro-reform groups, unions and providers, HCAN chief Richard Kirsch confirmed in an email that was forwarded to me.

Kirsch was asked by a prominent liberal blogger to comment for a post on Soros’ $5 million pledge, which the blogger had heard about. “Thanks for the heads up,” Kirsch emailed in reply. “HCAN is pleased to be supported by people and organizations who support our campaign to win quality, affordable health care for all.”

The blogger, who didn’t end up writing about the donation, passed the email along, and an HCAN spokesperson didn’t dispute the email or the figure when I asked about it.

The Soros pledge is noteworthy, because both sides will seize on it. The right will say it shows the real astroturfing is coming from the pro-reform side — billionaire bogeyman Soros is bankrolling this fight!

The left will cite the donation to demand that HCAN show real results. Some on the left, such as blogger Jane Hamsher, have been asking why heavily-bankrolled HCAN hasn’t been able to secure more commitments from Dem members of Congress to stand firm behind a public option.

HCAN officials regularly appear at a big weekly meeting of progressive groups — the one where Rahm Emanuel famously demanded last week that groups stop attacking other Dems. The question is whether HCAN will heed Rahm’s command and refrain from pressuring Dems to stand up for core reform principles. If so, the question becomes, What are you using all this money for?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The very fact it is "so important" to them to have this Healthscam Bill passed, is the one reason it is "so important" that it does not.  It is probably .001% health plan and the rest "takeover."

How do we counter a $5 million push?  This is my question.  Obama supporters are so blind.  Our countrymen are in such need of basics and things like health care.  Indeed, what do we have if we don't have our Health?  So, I guess I can understand the "blindness."

It is nwo operations right out of the Communist Manifesto to divide the populace in getting us to fight amongst each other on petty issues.  This is accomplished by false-empowerment of groups through their very personal thoughts.

Politically correct?  I am offended about Obama's "Moms go back to school."  What about Dads?  What about childless women?  oh. He can't say "women" because it is politically incorrect.  But "Moms" evokes an emotion and acceptance.  Who would be against "Moms" huh?

I am so sick of their evil garbage.
Report Spam   Logged

Ignis Natura Renovandum Integra
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: