Atlantis Online
March 19, 2024, 03:21:58 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ARE Search For Atlantis 2007 Results
http://mysterious-america.net/bermudatriangle0.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Atlantis Under Antarctica?

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Atlantis Under Antarctica?  (Read 11404 times)
mdsungate

Hermes, Gateway of the Sun

« on: October 18, 2009, 12:33:22 am »

:)Well it seems I've found where you're posting on this topic, Robert0', LOL.  So I'll paraphrase what I've said a little, here in this more appropriate thread.  THere's lots of "rumours" and spectulation about this frozen continent, shrouded in secrecy.  There are other rumours about a structure under what was apparently a lake, now under tons of ice as well.  Hopefully the core samples will shed a little light on the history of not only this mysterious polar region, but on the entire controversial topic of "global warming" and former world climate changes.  As I mentioned earlier, I am not a "fan" of the concepts of either "global warming" or of "ice ages" owning to the reason that neither of thisee "scientific" theories fit all the evidence at hand.  But mankind is uneasy with theories of sudden catastophic changes, unless of course they are so remotely placed in the past that it does not seem to reflect heavily on our immediate future.  Even as a child I was secptical of the supposed causes of ice ages, none of which made any sense to me, then or now.  But one very unpopular theory, which has been dismissed by science as "impossible" is gaining attention once again with the advent of thectonic plate theory as a mechanism. 
This cataclysmic theory of which I'm speaking is the concept of "Pole Shift".  Previoulsy the shifting of the poles was thought to be an impossibility by our science, despite the fact the there is a multitude of geological evidence to support it.  However with the acceptance of thectonic plate theory, science now has a mechanism to explain how that might be possible.  This new slant on "Pole Shift" is that the poles themsleves do not shift, but the crust of the tectonic plates on the surface of the molten core of the planet "slide" and thus "shift" the position of the land that llies over the poles.  It's actually a nute point in my mind, because either way, what was once at the poles is suddnely no longer at the poles. 

Now I'm not a big proponent of this continent at the South Pole having once been Atlantis, exactly, but I strongly believe that this same continent was perhaps once even located in a tropical hemisphere, and then over night relocating to the South Pole.  My biggest problem with it as having been  Atlantis is that is not submerged, unless you consider the glaciers as water in a solid form, LOL.  But I'm almost certain that if it is ever escavated, that we will find evidence of a civilization under all that ice.  And there are legends of other civilizations, that were once advanced and tropical, and now located in the frozen reaches of the planet.  Ever hear of Hyperbolia?   (not sure of the spelling on that, but it's a Greek myth, although in the myth I think it's supposed to be in the extreem North, not South). 

I'll look for some information to post on Hyperbolia and also on the "flash frozen" wolly mamoths in Siberia.  As I mentioned elsewhere, supposedly the Explorer Club memebers all ate meat from a Wolly Mamoth found frozen in Siberia and buttercups and tropical vegetation was found in it's mouth and stomach.  Apparently the poor bease was grazing in a pleasant tropical meadow, when suddenly it was "flash frozen" and was found some 10,000 years later under the ice in Siberia.  "Global Warming" and the slowly advancing glaciers fo the "Ice Ages" simply do not account for this evidence.  However the therory of "Pole Shift" explains it quite nicely, 

Mike Cool
Report Spam   Logged

Hermes Trismegistus:  “As above, so below.”

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: