Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 12:22:06 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Did Humans Colonize the World by Boat?
Research suggests our ancestors traveled the oceans 70,000 years ago
http://discovermagazine.com/2008/jun/20-did-humans-colonize-the-world-by-boat

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

America's Real Values

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: America's Real Values  (Read 420 times)
Bianca
Superhero Member

« on: June 03, 2009, 10:51:50 am »

America's Real Values

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

I’m back from the Sunrise Festival, my first for 5 years.

I was seeing about 5 people per day, mainly for astrology, but also for tarot and healing work. This was great,
as I don’t get many customers at home.

I’ll be at Glastonbury Festival in a few weeks, and the Big Green Gathering a few weeks after that. My next task
is to get a van so I can cart my yurt about. And get my tipi to my field, which I’ve felt a bit exiled from ever since Vajramala put her horses there 5 years ago. But I quite fancy hanging out and sleeping in the same field as a herd of horses.

Anyway, Barack Obama yesterday gave an interview with the BBC about his trip to the Middle East. Here is a short extract:

“The message I hope to deliver is that democracy, rule of law, freedom of speech, freedom of religion - those are not simply principles of the west to be hoisted on these countries.

But, rather what I believe to be universal principles that they can embrace and affirm as part of their national identity. The danger, I think, is when the United States, or any country, thinks that we can simply impose these values on another country with a different history and a different culture.

And I think the thing that we can do, most importantly, is serve as a good role model… the United States' job is not to lecture, but to encourage, to lift up what we consider to be the values that ultimately will work - not just for our country, but for the aspirations of a lot of people.”

I don’t think it is quite as simple as that. Once you start viewing your country’s values as somehow universal – and dragging in the whole of the west as support – you are more than half way to being intolerant of those countries that do not share your ‘universal’ values. Muslim countries, for example, would equally see their values as universal, but they don’t go around talking about ‘encouraging’ the west to be like them.

No, it’s America as usual with its cultural imperialism. You want to believe Obama, because he does it so well, he is so apparently reasonable. And he believes it himself. But he is caught in the consensus reality of his own people, like most leaders are. It’s just the way things work.

So what are America’s real values? A quick glance at the Sibly Chart reveals all.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 01:01:12 pm by Bianca » Report Spam   Logged

Your mind understands what you have been taught; your heart what is true.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2009, 10:53:41 am »

Our values, what we consider to be important, are described by the 2nd House and its Ruler. The US has Capricorn on the 2nd House Cusp, and Pluto in Capricorn in that house. Capricorn is a sign of commerce and ambition, and Pluto’s presence shows that the US gets its sense of confidence and power from its commercial activities. This is reflected in the House Ruler, Saturn, being in the 10th House: the US wants to be a major economic presence on the world stage. Pluto also indicates that this is where the US shadow lies, that it will do almost anything for its own commercial advancement, and that it will attempt to conceal its essentially commercial values from itself and from others.

That said, we have to remember that the 2nd House Ruler, Saturn, is in Libra, so there is a sense in which the US also genuinely wants to see fairness and justice in the world. But it is inextricably tied up with its own commercial ambitions. ‘Enlightened self-interest’ would describe this combination at its best. Like, say, the remarkable Marshall Plan for European recovery after World War II.

So whatever Obama says about the US being a role model for the Middle East, it is inextricably tied to the fact that the Middle East supplies a large part of US energy needs.

The planet Venus also describes values, and the US has Venus in Cancer in the 7th House. Cancer is home, it is tribal, and the US sees itself as a contained world of its own, even as the whole world – it has what it calls the World Series, in which no other nation takes part. The US is well-known for the percentage of the population who have never been abroad. It has a level of patriotism that we are not used to in Europe, such as schoolchildren saluting the flag. A positive side of this is the degree of integration of immigrants that you find after a generation or two. You don’t get the fragmentation into minorities that you find often amongst immigrants in Europe.

Venus' placement in the 7th House describes the US tendency to export its values to its foreign business partners (7th).

At present Pluto is opposing the US Venus, and in 3 years Pluto will enter the US second house. So we are entering a prolonged era in which US values are up for re-definition. US values have in many ways become world values, threatening the integrity of e.g. Middle Eastern cultures, and causing much of the conflict we see in that region today.

One result of the present Pluto-Venus transit is the change in values that the current Presidency is bringing about: a shift away from the decadent, spendthrift nation of the Bush years towards a nation that saves more and produces more of its own goods, and that is therefore more self-reliant. In a good way, more Cancerian. A recent example of this is Obama’s promise that a restructured General Motors will produce more of its cars at home, for the first time in decades.

Venus is also in the 7th, so the Pluto transit may modify the degree to which the US tries to export to its partners (7th) its own tribal (Cancer) values (Venus). Despite what I said about Obama above, his attitude to foreign cultures is streets more tolerant and accepting than Bush’s was.

Barack Obama also has Venus in Cancer, 2 degrees off the US Venus. So his values are in many ways American values, and it is hard for him to see outside of that, Cancer being a watery, and therefore not very reflective sign.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 10:56:14 am by Bianca » Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2009, 10:57:42 am »

But his Venus is in the 5th, and trine to 9th House Neptune, which in turns rules his 2nd House. So that is a nice loop, and despite being identified with US values, he is at the same time able to be creative with them (5th House) and bring in an element of idealism (Neptune) in the US attitude to foreign countries (9th).

http://astrotabletalk.blogspot.com/2009/06/americas-real-values.html
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 11:02:25 am by Bianca » Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2009, 11:03:24 am »

Mostly, though, how he has enriched and enriches his own pockets......

(Second House)
Report Spam   Logged

Harconen
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2009, 12:31:55 pm »

I am hapy for you, about your trip to festival, and I can only hope that one day I also can go on similar event in my contry, we don't have festival's like that.
About Obama's mesage: My dother Sara was 2 months old when NATO bombard my contry, she was in my hand's and I didn't know where to hide her.So, thank you but, no thanks.
Report Spam   Logged

Ignis Natura Renovandum Integra
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2009, 12:59:11 pm »

Hello, Harconen!!!

Welcome to AtlantisOnLine.

Where are you from, may I ask?
Report Spam   Logged

Harconen
Superhero Member

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2009, 01:45:23 pm »

Hello Bianca,

thank you for welcoming me here.AtlantisOnLine is great site.I am comming from Sirius B, but that was long time ago.This time I was reincarnated in Montenegro, Europe.And where are you from, if I may ask?
Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2009, 03:18:20 pm »

LOL, LOL,

Harconen!!  Very witty!!

Ah, Montenegro, the country of Elena of Savoia
(Princess Jelena Petrović-Njegoš of Montenegro)

Queen of Italy!

That is where I was born and raised, Harconen, but I have lived in the USA since 1970. 
I am in Florida now. 

Are you interested in Astrology or did you just figure, as I did, that we were the only ones at
this site this morning and you felt like talking to someone?
Report Spam   Logged

Harconen
Superhero Member

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2009, 03:47:32 pm »

I  Kiss  you, for knowing about my Princess.La dona italiana, bene bene.Io amo Italia, da dove sei tu, cuale cita?
       I am ex member of O.T.O. and in that period of time I learn some basics of astrology but my main interest is in Kabala, Tarot, Magick, Western Tantra, Sigils and Talismans craft, AP.
       I am here because I feel strong bound with Atlantis, and to learn some new thing's from you people.
Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2009, 04:37:09 pm »

FOR YOU:

Re Vittorio Emanuele III e la regina Elena di Savoia

(second row, on the right)

with the Montenegrin royal family
Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2009, 04:51:10 pm »

Il fiore del Montenegro

Did you know she has been nominated to be canonized by the Catholic Church for her good works
among the poor?
Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2009, 04:56:16 pm »

I am from Ascoli Piceno.

When I was little I would sit on the beach early in the morning and sometimes, if conditions were
right, I could see the Dalmatian Coast.  There was no pollution those days....
Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2009, 05:21:51 pm »

Harconen :

I am ex member of O.T.O. and in that period of time I learn some basics of astrology but my main interest is in Kabala, Tarot, Magick, Western Tantra, Sigils and Talismans craft, AP.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's wonderful, Harconen!

I need some help around here in that departement.
You will see in the proper section a few of the above. 

We have a Wicca Section that is looked after by our witches.

I have been waiting for someone to show up with Ritual Magic or Occultist knowledge!

You shall see that I have begun almost all the subjects you mentioned ( a long time ago) but I am
involved in a lot of other things, primarily this Section and Italy and Magna Graecia and I have not
been able to do much more than I did then.

Maybe you will help?
Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2009, 05:33:53 pm »

YOU WILL FIND THESE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FRONT PAGE OF THIS FORUM:

Ancient Knowledge, Mysticism & Sacred Beliefs

Prophecy
Nostradamus, Edgar Cayce, the Bible Code, and will the world really end in 2012?   

Child Boards: the Tarot 

Eastern Mysticism
The mystic traditions of the Middle East, India and the Far East, including Gnosticism, Sufism, Yoga, Vedanta, Buddhism & Taoism.   

Kabbalah, I Ching, Islamic Philosophy, Zoroastrianism

Alchemy
The earliest investigations of nature, from a mystical & scientific basis.   

Arcane, Recondite Practices

The traditions and ways of the ancients, both forgotten and passed down through time:

CHEIROMANCY, Chiromancy, Palmistry   

THE RUNES

HARUSPICY 

TASSEOGRAPHY - AKA Teacup/CoffeeCup Reading

SCRYING

NUMEROLOGY 

Child Boards: Dowsing 

Astrology
The practice of how the positions of celestial bodies and related details effect human affairs.  3029 Posts

Ancient Astronomy & Archeoastronomy
The origins, beliefs and traditions associated with astronomy. 

Goddess Worship
The veneration of the Goddess, a faith that does not distance the Divine into a remote, hierarchical separation. 

Reincarnation, Past Lives & Near Death Experiences
Do you believe in past lives? And what lies beyond the mortal veil? Discuss it all here.   

Wicca, Witchcraft, Paganism & Ritual Magic
An exploration into the worship of the elements and the earth, past & present. 
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 05:38:50 pm by Bianca » Report Spam   Logged

Harconen
Superhero Member

« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2009, 05:36:48 pm »

I didn't know about nomination.To become saint in Catholic Church, wow!Maybe we can find she's natal chart and analyse it.Interesting person no doubt.
      She's sister's in Romanov royal family brought Rasputin in royal circle in Rusia.He was well known and powerfool mystic.
       Ascoli Piceno.I am from Budva. 

http://budvamontenegro.com/budva/maps.php
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: