Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 04:15:55 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Site provides evidence for ancient comet explosion
http://www.thenewstribune.com/news/nationworld/story/173177.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Bush: Maybe U.S. Military 'Just Not Very Good'

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bush: Maybe U.S. Military 'Just Not Very Good'  (Read 582 times)
Psycho
Superhero Member

« on: June 30, 2007, 12:58:43 am »

Bush: Maybe U.S. Military 'Just Not Very Good'
June 27, 2007

WASHINGTON, DC—Departing from his usual hopeful rhetoric during a question-and-answer session with reporters in the White House Rose Garden, President Bush suggested Tuesday that the war in Iraq has not been successful because the nation's armed forces are "just not very good."

Bush muses candidly about his new idea with the White House press corps.

"When the decision was made to liberate Iraq, I was going on what my advisers were telling me and what everyone has said for nearly a century—that the U.S. military is the best in the world," Bush said. "But if that were the case, and we did have the most powerful army, navy, marines, and air force on the globe, we would be winning, right?"

The president admitted that he'd been toying with the idea that a thorough lack of quality in personnel, from the top U.S. commander to the lowest-ranked private, is the only way to account for the colossal failure in Iraq, given that everything on the administrative side of the war has been carried out with the utmost care and precision.

"I know the folks on our end didn't drop the ball," Bush said. "The civilian oversight of this war and the plan of attack has been brilliant. There's no doubt about that in my mind. Hate to say it, but maybe our men and women in uniform just aren't what they're cracked up to be."

Bush conjectured that U.S. servicemen and women thrust into the horrifying chaos and violence of Iraq's Sunni Triangle may simply lack the proper perspective and cool detachment needed to implement an effective strategy against the insurgency. The commander in chief also wondered aloud why, for all their vaunted competence, American forces become disillusioned while fighting "for such a just and noble cause."

Bush lamented the fact that the U.S. is "losing a lot of vehicles and equipment" in the ongoing conflict.

"I know I should support the troops, especially in a time of war, but if they can't handle the pressure, maybe they don't deserve my support," Bush said. "They're making me look bad."

"On the occasions I've met our troops, most of them didn't seem like they had much going for them," Bush added. "I don't think very many went to college or anything."

Bush said that in the past year he has had much occasion to think about the U.S. military's role in history, which, he recently was forced to conclude, is "overrated." He traced the roots of the misperception back to the nation's victory in World War II.

"We haven't really flat-out won a war since then, and you have to admit even that one was pretty close," the president said.

Continued Bush: "We pretty much have a 3-4 record in terms of important wars, and that's being generous, because I'm counting the Civil War as a victory. We got absolutely killed in Vietnam, which was another war where the leadership at home did a fine job, only to be let down by the troops. Not quite sure what happened in Korea. And I thought we won the first Gulf War, but apparently we didn't, because we're still there."

Shortly after the press conference, the White House announced that an advisory panel comprised of former officials from both Bush administrations and of private military contractors would be formed to devise effective solutions to problem areas in the nation's defense, namely the quality of the soldiers. Some of the likely recommendations include toughening recruitment standards so that not just anyone can enlist, and offering swift advancement opportunities for troops who show less dependence on the support current forces seem to constantly require from the American people. The panel is also expected to recommend that the nation enter into additional costly overseas conflicts as a way for the military to hone its combat skills.

Yet even the most optimistic administration estimates acknowledge that these transformations are years, if not decades away from being implemented. Meanwhile, Bush still appears determined to maintain the American military presence in Iraq, telling reporters that the only way to improve the armed forces isn't to quit, but to "keep plugging away and hope they'll get better at this war business before they all get killed."

http://www.theonion.com/content/news/bush_maybe_u_s_military_just_not
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2007, 12:31:52 am »

Well of course the military is going to seem incompetent when they are underfunded and don't have the right tools for the job.

The Illuminati would rather pay a security guard $500 a day for transporting oil than spending the money for body-armor for the troops.

Take away a mechanic's tools and he'll eve seem incompetent too.  Have Cher come down with laryngitis, ditto.

Hey George ever think of "AIR POWER" Huh??  Duh!!!!  Tongue
Report Spam   Logged
rockessence
Superhero Member

Using rocks and minerals to heal the earth and us.

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2007, 02:55:06 am »

Voli,

Did you notice the source of the article....?
Report Spam   Logged

ILLIGITIMI NON CARBORUNDUM

Thus ye may find in thy mental and spiritual self, ye can make thyself just as happy or just as miserable as ye like. How miserable do ye want to be?......For you GROW to heaven, you don't GO to heaven. It is within thine own conscience that ye grow there.

Edgar Cayce
Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2007, 02:58:00 pm »

The Onion ?? Huh

Are they a bunch of conservative hacks?? Huh
Report Spam   Logged
rockessence
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2007, 06:31:32 pm »

Voli,
Click on the link at the end of the article and then on any of the other articles offered there......
Report Spam   Logged

Thus ye may find in thy mental and spiritual self, ye can make thyself just as happy or just as miserable as ye like. How miserable do ye want to be?......For you GROW to heaven, you don't GO to heaven. It is within thine own conscience that ye grow there.

Edgar Cayce
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2007, 07:49:58 pm »

Come on, Rocky, stop teasing Vol.  We all know that  this is exactly what 'you-know-who'

is thinking......
Report Spam   Logged

Your mind understands what you have been taught; your heart what is true.
X-Creation

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2007, 11:43:19 pm »

I, for one, am shocked that our "Commander-in-Chief" holds the lives of our servicemen and women in such low regard. They come back not only dead but amputees, and this is what he thinks of them??

What's wrong, Bush, are you that much of a sociopath that you have not only forgotten the concept of right from wrong but the value of life over death?
Report Spam   Logged
Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2007, 12:01:03 am »

I, for one, am shocked that our "Commander-in-Chief" holds the lives of our servicemen and women in such low regard. They come back not only dead but amputees, and this is what he thinks of them??

What's wrong, Bush, are you that much of a sociopath that you have not only forgotten the concept of right from wrong but the value of life over death?

He's a Molech worshipping Illuminati that engages in mock human sacrifices at the Bohemian Grove of course he has little regard for human life except his fellow Illuminati.

Remeber to the Illuminati we are cattle for their bidding.  Or they are the Anunnaki and we are the adamu.

See studying Sitchen does pay off.
Report Spam   Logged
rockessence
Superhero Member

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2007, 02:15:15 am »

I am shocked, SHOCKED, that there is gambling going on in Rick's!
Report Spam   Logged

Edgar Cayce
Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2007, 04:25:31 pm »

I am shocked, SHOCKED, that there is gambling going on in Rick's!

What are you talking about ??  Huh
Report Spam   Logged
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2007, 04:55:25 pm »

Vol, I think she's referring to CASABLANCA, the movie......
Report Spam   Logged

Your mind understands what you have been taught; your heart what is true.
Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2007, 11:53:49 pm »

Oh !!!   Shocked
Report Spam   Logged
rockessence
Superhero Member

« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2007, 12:09:39 pm »

Sorry for stringing you along dearheart!  I was just trying to nudge you to see that the article was bogus and was on a satire site....
Report Spam   Logged

Edgar Cayce
Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2007, 01:44:28 pm »

Well that wouldn't be beyond a conservative to blame the victim.   Roll Eyes

Oh okay!!!   Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: