Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 01:12:54 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 'Europe's oldest city' found in Cadiz
http://mathaba.net/rss/?x=566660

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Mount Shasta, the Lemurian Colony

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mount Shasta, the Lemurian Colony  (Read 2883 times)
Stacy Dohm
Superhero Member

« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2007, 10:02:33 pm »

Clouds
Over Mount Shasta

You will often hear the expression, "Mount Shasta makes its own weather." How can a mountain make its own weather? The main answer is that Mount Shasta's presence causes air to be uplifted.

All precipitation comes from clouds. Clouds are formed through the process known as condensation, which is typically caused by cooling. Cooling, in turn, is often caused by the uplifting of air. There are four major processes by which air is uplifted: convective lifting, frontal lifting, convergent lifting, and orographic lifting. Convective summertime thunderstorms produce massive thunderheads on Mount Eddy and Mount Shasta. Wintertime extratropical cyclones produce most of the precipitation formed by frontal lifting in our region. It is the process of orographic lifting that results in Mount Shasta "producing its own weather."

The term orographic comes from the Greek word oros, meaning mountain. Orographic lifting is caused when moving air (wind) encounters a mountain and is forced upwards in the process. The layer of air replaced at the surface causes the air above it to be lifted and cooled. If there is enough moisture in the air, the cooling will cause it to condense and form clouds. If further condensation occurs then orographic precipitation can be produced.

Mount Shasta is known for its beautiful clouds. The lenticular clouds, often called "flying saucers," are probably the most well-known type of cloud in the region. However, there are many types of clouds that can be seen around Mount Shasta.

Photo © 1989 Barrie Rokeach

Clouds are the visible expression of the process known as condensation. We can learn to "read" what the weather holds for us in the near future by examining clouds. But clouds are more than the result of a scientific process. Clouds also bring beauty to our lives. The next time you say to yourself, "Mount Shasta is so beautiful today," look closely at the sky and you will probably find that the clouds that clothe Mount Shasta add to its beauty.

Shasta looms majestically in the pure ether,
capped with a cloud,
against whose bosses the early sungold is beating...
John Muir, 1877

www.siskiyous.edu/shasta/env/clouds/
Report Spam   Logged

"All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream." - Edgar Allen Poe
Stacy Dohm
Superhero Member

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2007, 10:05:41 pm »

Mount Shasta, Stormy Sunset, California

The top of Mount Shasta's 14,162-foot cone, as well as the very top of Shastina's rim, are reddened by a dramatic sunset after a day of stormy weather.

Report Spam   Logged

"All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream." - Edgar Allen Poe
rockessence
Superhero Member

Using rocks and minerals to heal the earth and us.

« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2007, 02:40:57 am »

I love the little cone-mountain in the last picture on page one...it is right on the flank of Shasta...I was there last week.   My first visit.

So great to read this thread, thanks..... I visited the I AM Reading Room and bought a copy of their magazine published the month I was born ...August 1947.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2007, 02:43:11 am by rockessence » Report Spam   Logged

ILLIGITIMI NON CARBORUNDUM

Thus ye may find in thy mental and spiritual self, ye can make thyself just as happy or just as miserable as ye like. How miserable do ye want to be?......For you GROW to heaven, you don't GO to heaven. It is within thine own conscience that ye grow there.

Edgar Cayce
KTCat

« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2007, 02:15:04 pm »

Hmmm. Well, I for one am going to take the stories of the  "Lemurian underground colonies" of Mt. Shasta with a grain of salt. Mt. Shasta is absolutely beautiful though, no doubt about that, but so are most of the major mountains in the Siskiyou-Cascade range, and they all speak of ancient mysteries. I can actually see Mt. Hood in Oregon from my home on a clear day, and it too is another magnificent Cascade mountain. I love watching the early morning sun reflected off of it; the whole mountain literally glows with the subtlest shade of pink at sunrise, and it's absolutely glorious to watch.

Mt. Shasta is a part of the Siskiyou mountain range and that range is supposed to be the third oldest mountain range in the world! Whether the rumored underground city of Tellos is real or not, there are some very mysterious things indeed about the ancient Siskiyou range that still sings the song of an extraordinarily ancient human society that once, long, long ago, lived among those lovely mountains and dwelt within the shelter of its highland valleys where the winsome wild daisies still bloom and grow.

In 1875, a fellow by the name of Amos Bowman, who was a part-time assistant to the Geographical Survey of California, told of some finds made at Cherokee, a few miles north of Oroville, in Butte County, California.  A Mr. R. C. Pulham of the Spring Valley Mining Co. told Bowman he'd found an ancient stone mortar that was taken out of a mining shaft he had himself dug in 1853. The mortar was found twelve feet underneath undisturbed strata. About 300 feet east of that same shaft, a similar mortar was found at an even greater depth. Amazed by the find, Mr. Bowman then accompanied Mr. Pulham to investigate the news of this archaeological evidence, and found several more mortars lying around on the top of a blue-gravel bench which had not yet been mined away. Further discoveries of even more mortars and pestles were soon discovered, some found at an amazing 40 feet under the surface in blue-gravel strata that had to be broken up with a pick-ax. Similar finds were reported by various mining companies operating throughout the Butte, Trinity, and Siskiyou Counties of Northern California.

In a 1989 personal communication to Cremo and Thompson, the authors of "Forbidden Archeology: The Hidden History of the Human Race," George Saucedo of the California Division of Mines and Geology reported that the blue gravel these implements were found in is older than 23.8 million years. (!!!!) In other words, to find obviously human made stone implements buried in blue-gravel beds this old, suggests that human beings were actually around even during the Tertiary age. The finds, of course, raised the eyebrows of known acadamians who rather lamely suggested the artifacts must have been placed there due to some sort of trickery on the part of the miners. Their motives, according to the alarmed acadamians who refused to even consider the artifacts as evidence, was "to deceive anthropologists." All this is highly doubtful, suggested Cremo and Thompson, because some of the mortars weighed 30 pounds or more, and were found in dozens of different mines spread over a distance of 100 miles. Never-the-less, those acadamians invested in accepted archeological theories, found the evidence far too disturbing to even consider, because said artifacts would indicate that anatomically modern human beings may in fact be far older than anyone dreamed. Not only did the evidence dispute the accepted view that the Americas have only been populated by humans in fairly recent times, the same artifacts would literally blow away all theories concerning "Lucy," along with popularly accepted anthropological theories.

Ultimately, the artifacts ended up at the University of California in Sacramento, where an embarrassed staff hastily labeled them, and then promptly buried them in the of dusty bins and boxes of some basement hide-away, where all good artifacts of "Forbidden Archeology" ultimately find their final resting place.

The ancient mortars and pestles found were so poignantly human and plainly made one might well expect them to represent artifacts made in the much later Neolithic age, yet the evidence is far more compelling, and suggests that anatomically modern human beings were living in the shadows of the Siskiyou Mountains a mind-boggling 23 million years ago!

Amazing…

(Source, Cremo and Thompson, Forbidden Archeology, 1993, pp 386-393)

« Last Edit: June 30, 2007, 02:30:27 pm by KTCat » Report Spam   Logged

Live Long and Prosper, but please be kind to each other...
rockessence
Superhero Member

« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2007, 11:35:50 pm »

Quote:  "the blue gravel these implements were found in is older than 23.8 million years. (!!!!) In other words, to find obviously human made stone implements buried in blue-gravel beds this old, suggests that human beings were actually around even during the Tertiary age."

The Bock saga avers that the "Golden Age" of the Aser ended with the beginning of ice-time at 55 million years ago.
Report Spam   Logged

Thus ye may find in thy mental and spiritual self, ye can make thyself just as happy or just as miserable as ye like. How miserable do ye want to be?......For you GROW to heaven, you don't GO to heaven. It is within thine own conscience that ye grow there.

Edgar Cayce
KTCat

« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2007, 01:35:55 pm »

Hi Rockessence! It's been a while since I've seen one of your posts, and it's good to be on the same forum with you again. Yes, I remember reading a lot about the Bock Saga material on AR a couple of years ago. It's been a while since I've read up on it, so I've got some catching up to do. However, I really think it's a big mistake to try to define evidence for human life that goes back 55 million years or even 23 million years as either "Atlantian" or "Lemurian" etc., because we are dealing with evidence for human cultures that are so ancient they likely were the root of many different civilizations throughout time. If one could accurately trace history that far back, one would undoubtedly find that the Lemurians, the Atlantians, the Aryans, the Egyptians, the American Indians, The South Americans, Africans, and everybody else including the Greeks and the Romans, all stemmed from one single, very, very ancient human civilization. Out of empathy, I would hesitate to define any human culture that old as "Atlantian" or by any other name, because doing so would ultimately deny the validity of other cultures that undoubtedly sprang from the same source.

« Last Edit: July 01, 2007, 01:38:07 pm by KTCat » Report Spam   Logged

Live Long and Prosper, but please be kind to each other...
rockessence
Superhero Member

« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2007, 06:23:02 pm »

Absolutely so KT.... We have the luxury of presuming many things in hindsight.   But they remain presumptions.

The Bock saga describes a "Golden Age" as I mentioned, which ended at the beginning of winter, meaning that the earth was perpendicular to the sun before then.  The poles were warm, semi-tropical perhaps, warm enough to produce the minute sea creatures which form the island of Gotland.  Warm enough to produce the wide-spread conifers pouring out the sap which is now Baltic amber.....

Warm enough to produce a comfortable human race which saw the sun make a circle in the sky around the horizon, and to draw a circle in the soil....

So nice to see you here too!
Report Spam   Logged

Edgar Cayce
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: