Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 04:00:24 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Towering Ancient Tsunami Devastated the Mediterranean
http://www.livescience.com/environment/061130_ancient_tsunami.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Storm Damage Ravages Lothlorien Set

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Storm Damage Ravages Lothlorien Set  (Read 77 times)
One Ring to Rule Them All
Superhero Member

« on: May 23, 2009, 01:03:58 pm »

Storm Damage Ravages Lothlorien Set
May 18th, 2009 by xoanon
Jack M sends this in: Looks like the northerly storms did some pretty serious damage to the Lothlorien bridge. It was pretty unique - it’s the only pre-existing manmade object to appear in the movie. It had just been restored in the last year, as the lake area was being renovated. Although that the weekend storms have now receded somewhat, we’re still trying to make contact with the owners of the property, Colin and Rosie Bevan.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2009, 01:07:06 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2009, 01:07:20 pm »

I’ve been a Wellington LOTR tourguide for over 5 years, and I work for one of only two companies to visit this location, (Flat Earth Tours).
We’ve been taking guests there for picnics for many years, and this will be a huge blow to the LOTR community. According to the article, it’s going to cost approximately $35,000(nz) to fix, so I’m not sure what the immediate future holds for the bridge.

I am due to visit the location this Wednesday with a group, I’ll write in with an updated asessment of the situation after that. Hopefully we can still visit the location, as it’s got a lot more to offer than just the bridge - it’s also where Galadriel waved goodbye to the fellowship when they left Lorien, and furthermore it was where the Gladden Fields scenes were filmed (where Smeagol killed Deagol and took the ring as his “birthday “gift”).

I’ve included two photos - one shows Peter Jackson’s version of the bridge, the other was published on www.stuff.co.nz, with an inset of the actual shape of the “modern” bridge (read: non-elvish), as it looked before this weekend.
http://www.theonering.net/torwp/2009/05/18/32205-storm-damage-ravages-lothlorien-set/#more-32205
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: