Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 07:20:35 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Scientists to drill beneath oceans
http://atlantisonline.smfforfree2.com/index.php/topic,8063.0.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Mitt Romney's Top Ten Gaffes

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mitt Romney's Top Ten Gaffes  (Read 781 times)
Adrienne
Superhero Member

« on: June 29, 2007, 04:40:32 pm »

In the Hunt
By Ana Marie Cox
Article ToolsPrintEmail  "I purchased a gun when I was a young man. I've been a hunter pretty much all my life."
(April 3, 2007)

"I'm not a big-game hunter. I've made that very clear. I've always been a rodent and rabbit hunter. Small varmints, if you will. I began when I was 15 or so and I have hunted those kinds of varmints since then. More than two times."
(April 5, 2007)

Another instance of Romney's post-gaffe spin being more of a spiral upward than a tamping down. It was bad enough when Romney's staff had to step in and clarify his boast of being a "pretty much" life-long hunter to mean he had been hunting twice. Later in the same week, Romney sought to make light of the exaggeration with his reference to "varmints," a word that tripped off his Harvard-educated tongue about as gamely as John Kerry's proclamation of NASCAR appreciation. Perhaps most damaging, both remarks gave reporters a chance to look into Romney's history on gun rights, revealing a set of "evolutions" from moderate to conservative stances that matched his embrace of pro-life views.

Report Spam   Logged

"In a monarchy, the king is law, in a democracy, the law is king."
-Thomas Paine

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: