Atlantis Online
April 16, 2024, 02:19:46 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Were seafarers living here 16,000 years ago?
http://www.canada.com/victoriatimescolonist/news/story.html?id=34805893-6a53-46f5-a864-a96d53991051&k=39922

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Gays in the Military? Not in This Man's Army

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gays in the Military? Not in This Man's Army  (Read 426 times)
V.I.P.

« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2009, 08:56:30 pm »

No I'm not gay, but like you I have friends that are.  The point I was trying to make in my first post on this thread was that what difference does it make weather your gay or straight and serve in the military.
The men and women who are gay and signed up to defend this country are just as patriotic as straight men and women and are risking their lives just the same.  There really isn't much difference between straight military men and women checking each other out.  Or do you not think they do that?

The men and women who are gay and signed up to defend this country are just as patriotic as straight men and women and are risking their lives just the same.  There really isn't much difference between straight military men and women checking each other out.  Or do you not think they do that?

I'll tell youi the difference:  in the military is all about unit cohesion.  You can't have cohesion if you are worried about some guy next to you dreaming about your johnson or your keyster!  You have to keep your mind on your job, at all times, and you can't get distracted.

As for the attentions of straight men and women being attracted to one another, no contest!  Men and women are used to that kind of attention and have learned how to handle them. 

They are NOT used to getting hit on by a person of the same sex, and, God willing, they will never have to be.  I hope I have made myself clear, Mister.
Report Spam   Logged
V.I.P.

« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2009, 08:57:56 pm »

Homophobes are such Douches. Wake up!  This is the 21st. century.  Not the 1st. century.

In the 20th Century, we had a different name for "homophobes." 
We called them "normal."  You wake up, fella.
Report Spam   Logged
Secretary of Defense

« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2009, 12:10:39 pm »

Friends, the military isn't about equal rights, never has been, never will be. 

It is about building the most effective fighting force, with a chain of command and a code of conduct.  And it's about discipline, sorry if some people don't get that.
Report Spam   Logged
Robert0326
Superhero Member

« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2009, 07:41:13 pm »

Friends, the military isn't about equal rights, never has been, never will be. 

It is about building the most effective fighting force, with a chain of command and a code of conduct.  And it's about discipline, sorry if some people don't get that.

I understand that, but if your in a fire fight with the enemy I'm sure your mind is on killing said enemy and not wondering if a guy is checking out your ass. 
Report Spam   Logged

Blasphemy is a victimless crime.
"The day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the Supreme Being as His father, in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter."     Letter to John Adams, April 11, 1823 -Thomas Jefferson
Tom Hebert
Superhero Member

« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2009, 07:47:40 pm »

We all need to learn to live and let live, don't you think?
Report Spam   Logged
Number of the Beast
Superhero Member

« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2009, 01:53:21 am »

I think that everyone should get the chance to serve.  They should also be allowed to be priests, too!  The days of prejudice should be over.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: