Atlantis Online
April 18, 2024, 06:20:49 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Site provides evidence for ancient comet explosion
http://www.thenewstribune.com/news/nationworld/story/173177.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Atlantis: The Land Beyond The Pillars

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Atlantis: The Land Beyond The Pillars  (Read 2147 times)
Doug Fisher

« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2009, 09:40:34 pm »

Hello Doug,

Google Earth is a notoriously unreliable source for satellite imagery.  A few months back, we thought we spotted city grids in the eastern part of the Atlantic.  They turned out to be mapping lines (or so they claimed).

Hello Damien,

I'm not relying on Google Earth alone and definitely not artifacts from seafloor scans as in the case you are referring to.

Where do you place Atlantis at again?

I am proposing that South America is the continent of Atlantis with the new twist being that Argentina's Mesopotamian Plain is likely the plain of Plato's dialogues. Atlantis' plain is described as a rectangle defined by the waterways flowing around it, forming a 10,000-stadia (1,150-mile) perimeter.

The Mesopotamian Plain is the world's largest rectangular plain defined by waterways on all four sides, and in fact you won't find another even half its size. The Parana and Uruguay Rivers enclose the plain with a perimeter very close to Plato's specified 10,000-stadia and the plain is also positioned in the center of the continent with its narrow width extending from the coast inward, again per Plato's specifications. And finally, the plain is also surrounded by mountains on three sides, but open toward the south and located within 14.5 miles of the sea, again conforming to Plato's specs.

These are all specifications which you can verify with a good map or Google Earth. If you have Google Earth installed select the following link and open the kmz file. It will whisk you away directly to the Mesopotamian Plain where I have placed an overlay to help highlight it and the surrounding waterways:

http://www.atlantismaps.com/Mesopotamia.kmz

(Trust me this is very cool and a great tool others here may wish to employ.)

Also there is only one circular landform in the Parana Delta and not only is it located almost precisely where Plato places Atlantis' circular city, but it also has a diameter that is spot on as well.

Some co-ordinates would be nice.

As you wish. Here are the coordinates for the site of the circular capital city linked to Google Maps:

33°54'59.04"S  58°31'26.50"W

Here is a link to the site on Google Earth with rings overlain:

http://www.atlantismaps.com/AtlantisRings.kmz

-Doug

« Last Edit: June 22, 2009, 09:41:47 pm by Doug Fisher » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: