Atlantis Online
April 18, 2024, 03:19:54 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Satellite images 'show Atlantis'
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/3766863.stm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Atlantis: The Land Beyond The Pillars

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Atlantis: The Land Beyond The Pillars  (Read 2144 times)
Mario Dantas
Superhero Member

« on: May 20, 2009, 11:42:23 am »

Dear Doug Fisher,

I wonder if you have given any thought to the fact that South America seem to have been linked to New Zealand and Australia... In my theory i propose that after Pangaea break-up Africa and the South American Continents were distantly separated and suddenly got together again when the event of Atlantis sinking occurred (Drake Passage (South Argentina) could be the proof of a violent "near collision" with an asteroid or small Planet although it is believed to have happened 41 millions of years)

I guess you (as well as Morrison or Jim Allen) could be right about Atlantis being South America. Solon could have made mistakes (as i believe he did) when transcribing the tale firstly heard through priest Sonchis. I believe some of the aspects of the tale, since they pertain to mythology and, furthermore, being incomplete, are indeed difficult or maybe impossible to be proven in reality.

One has to believe also that the general research towards the finding of Atlantis is more important than our own single investigations and that there will be (supposedly) only one correct answer among several others, as painful as it might be...

Our understanding of Atlantis has to coexist with many "theories" about Plato's tale as they are true possibilities.

regards,
Mario Dantas

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: