Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 02:17:15 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THE SEARCH FOR ATLANTIS IN CUBA
A Report by Andrew Collins
http://www.andrewcollins.com/page/articles/atlantiscuba.htm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Will DNA Solve 1969 Zodiac Murders?

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Will DNA Solve 1969 Zodiac Murders?  (Read 418 times)
Copperhead
Superhero Member

« on: May 03, 2009, 02:15:22 am »

In each letter, the killer enclosed one part of a coded message, or cipher. He said that if the code — a series of letters and strange symbols — were broken and the three pages read together, they would reveal his identity. He demanded that the newspapers print the cipher on their front pages the next day, warning that if they did not he would go on a "kill rampage" that weekend. The newspapers printed the cipher, and area residents were terrified.

Killing Is ‘So Much Fun’

When the complex cipher was finally decoded weeks later, it made it clear that the writer was killing for sport. "I like killing people because it is so much fun," the cipher began. "It is more fun than killing wild game in the forest, because man is the most dangerous animal of all."

The cipher did not, however, reveal the killer's identity. "I will not give you my name because you will try to slow down or stop my collecting of slaves," the message read.

The killer's next attack came in September, when he stabbed a couple on the shore of Lake Berryessa in Napa Valley. As his victims lay bleeding, the killer used a black felt marker to write the dates of his three attacks on the door of the couple's car. Once again, the female victim died but the man survived.

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: