Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 06:44:49 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Hunt for Lost City of Atlantis
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/3227295.stm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Atlantis and the Azores

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Atlantis and the Azores  (Read 8277 times)
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #45 on: June 05, 2009, 06:19:19 pm »

Don't bother, Wind!

He'll derail this thread too.....
Report Spam   Logged

Your mind understands what you have been taught; your heart what is true.
Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #46 on: June 05, 2009, 07:09:13 pm »

You could be right Wind, as the Europeans seem to have an annoying habit of giving gender to inanimate objects.
Report Spam   Logged

An open-minded view of the past allows for an unprejudiced glimpse into the future.

Logic rules.

"Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong."
Wind

« Reply #47 on: June 05, 2009, 10:53:58 pm »

I'm sorry Qoais but I think those of us in the United States have adopted that habit also Grin I know that I have anyway  Wink
« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 09:11:26 pm by Wind » Report Spam   Logged
BlueHue
Superhero Member

il mio va Piano, sono Asino ?

« Reply #48 on: June 06, 2009, 11:06:42 am »

Etymology of: " ATLAS "

" ATHE - RAS " aproximate meaning:  Great-PRINCE or Maha - Radja of the -WHITE-  Land."( White means "Holi" thus King of the Holi- Land ( of Amun.)

Athe= Ad, adda, Haddad, White or Holi,  Ras, Rachid,  = Prince ( German: Gross-Furst.) Greek:" Mega- Ras/=e.g. King Megareus( of Orchomenus.)who

married his own daughter : Myrina/ Makaria/ Ceto.  ATLAS in english would read: " KING - AD "or raher King of Aden  . ( in Yemen.)

A KING of AD is no name but a Title of no particular Person there were THREE First kings opf Atlantis according to Plato: Prometheus, Epimetheus, Menoetius.

The Names of the other 3 or 4 " Kings" or rather Princes of Atlantis were the names of the REGIONS over which " Nameless" persons "were the Governors.

AZAES was Azania in Ethiopia( called also: ZIGITES or JAGITES on ancient Maps.)

Strangely enough TWO -obscure- sons of King AEGEUS of Athens around Heracles Time had the Same names as the supposed Kings of Atlantis: LYCUS & MNESTOR

Strange, because according to Myth, Jason's rejected wife: Medea supposedly had the Second son called DEIOCES and from another woman Aegeus had a first-born son named THESEUS !

( Maybe this is just -HEIR- Splitting ? ) Cry

there must be a connection !                    HEH ?  Did I mess up something  ?  Cry            Sincerely " Blue  Hue " - June - 2009
« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 11:21:30 am by BlueHue » Report Spam   Logged

( Blue's)THEORY, locating"original" Atlantis( in Aden-Yemen.)
1: ATLANTIS =Fake=Latin name, original Greek: ATHE(=a Region in Aden)
2: Atlantic-OCEAN=Greek: RIVER-of-Atlas+also" Known "World-OCEAN(=Red-Sea)
3: Greek-obsolete-Numeral 'X' caused Plato's Atlantisdate:9000=900
Wind

« Reply #49 on: June 09, 2009, 11:41:18 am »

Posted by Sara at
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20071231101751AAOWpU7

Atlas was the son of the Titan Iapetus by the Oceanid Clymene or Asia. He was the brother of Menoetius, Prometheus and Epimetheus.

When his brother, Prometheus tried to persuade him not to go to war against the Olympians, he did not listen. Zeus punished Atlas, by making the Titan carry the weight of the sky upon his shoulders.

Atlas married Pleļone (Pleione), daughter of Oceanus and Tethys. He was the father of seven daughters known as the Pleiades: Electra, Ta’ete (Tayete), Maia, Celaeno, Alcyone, Asterope (Sterope) and Merope. Only Merope had a mortal husband, Sisyphus, king of Corinth.

Atlas was also possibly the father of the Hesperides (Daughters of the Evening Star), the guardian of the golden apples in the garden of Hesperides. By Hesperis, Atlas was the father of Aegle, Arethusa, Erytheia, Hespere (Hespera), Hespereia, Hesperusa and Hestia. Others say that the Hesperides may have been daughters of Erebus and Nyx, or of Phorcys and Ceto, or of Zeus and Themis.

One story say that the hero Perseus who was returning home with the head of Gorgon Medusa, turned the Titan into stone, more out of pity than hostility.

This tale would contradict of Atlas encountering another hero, Heracles, who was a great grandson of Perseus. Heracles was performing the eleventh labour which involved fetching the golden apples of Hesperides. Atlas failed to trick Heracles into shouldering the burden of the heaven.
Report Spam   Logged
BlueHue
Superhero Member

il mio va Piano, sono Asino ?

« Reply #50 on: June 09, 2009, 12:03:47 pm »

Dear      mr.  WIND,

WHEN Oceanus  & Tethys  met
THEY PRODUCED 7 PLEIONES WHICH ARE RATHER iSLANDS THAN STARS
and -ofcourse- the 1.000 OCEANIDES( which were not persons either but White arabian Elephants who swam in the Oceans feeding on Seaweeds.))

Further more a Son of this union was named:  PONTOS, his ofspring with Huh Gaia produced ATLAS.

Thus when Atlas married one of the Pleione he actually married an aunt

JAPETUS is the Latin NAME FOR THE GREEK Pontos there must be a doublett Myth here !

Hesperides are not persons but well-watered gardens and the socalled " Evwening" Star is the night-Sun named MOON>
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 12:05:10 pm by BlueHue » Report Spam   Logged

( Blue's)THEORY, locating"original" Atlantis( in Aden-Yemen.)
1: ATLANTIS =Fake=Latin name, original Greek: ATHE(=a Region in Aden)
2: Atlantic-OCEAN=Greek: RIVER-of-Atlas+also" Known "World-OCEAN(=Red-Sea)
3: Greek-obsolete-Numeral 'X' caused Plato's Atlantisdate:9000=900
Wind

« Reply #51 on: July 09, 2009, 04:35:27 pm »

Here's a link to an olnline copy of The Antediluvian World
by
Ignatius Donnelly

http://www.fullbooks.com/The-Antediluvian-World.html
Report Spam   Logged
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #52 on: July 09, 2009, 07:10:26 pm »

Thanks for the link, Wind.  It's a new site for books on line that I was not aware of.

I was looking all over for a book a couple of weeks ago, to no avail.  Of course, now
I don't remember what it was....

Kothar Bishop brought the 'Antideluvian World' here when we first started up, in January
2007.   'Ragnorak' is there too. They are in Atlantis in The Media:

http://atlantisonline.smfforfree2.com/index.php/topic,906.0.html
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 07:29:20 pm by Bianca » Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #53 on: July 09, 2009, 07:27:05 pm »

OOoops, my mistake:

Kothar didn't get around to 'Ragnorak', it was Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's, 'The Maracot Deep'
- a real gem, and I am not a fiction fan. 
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 07:29:53 pm by Bianca » Report Spam   Logged

Wind

« Reply #54 on: July 09, 2009, 09:20:34 pm »

Thanks for the link, Wind.  It's a new site for books on line that I was not aware of.

I was surfing the net seeing if there was anything new about the Atlantis Azores connection. I was trying to find the passage where Donnelly mentions it when I just happened to run across the site, I haven't had a chance to really check into it yet but I will. Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Horus

« Reply #55 on: July 10, 2009, 02:06:29 am »

Hey Wind are you familiar with this book:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0898755913/sr=1-1/qid=1156709842/ref=sr_1_1/102-6813399-9039336?ie=UTF8&s=books

It's by a Russian geologist who supports the Azorean Atlantis hypothesis. 

As I mentioned in this thread earlier, there is an American geologist who draws heavily from Zhirov and from Edgar Cayce readings.  When the A.R.E. hired him in the '60s to research Cayce's statements, he was referred to anonymously as "The Geologist" in their publications, but he has since adopted the pen name of "William Hutton" to protect his identity as a tenured professor of geology in Virginia Beach.

Anyway, he believes that the "Poseidia" mentioned in the Cayce readings is the same as the "Poseidonis" of Donnelly and Blavatsky and must be on the Azores Plateau.  This is false as Poseidia is the West Indies per Cayce, but Hutton has collected a lot of good evidence for the Azores proposition which is well-worth looking at.

This is the only "free" article left at Hutton's site:

http://www.huttoncommentaries.com/article.php?category=5&article=60

However, people have archived articles which are no longer available such as this VERY important one:

New Hypothesis Provides A Basis For The Reality Of The Legendary Continents Of Atlantis And Lemuria
The Demise of The Current Sea-Floor Spreading And Plate-Tectonics Theory:

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/atlantida_mu/esp_lemuria_6.htm

and

http://web.archive.org/web/20070212090611/www.huttoncommentaries.com/subs/Other/AtlantisEvidence/evidence_of_atlantis.htm

Hopefully some of this material will be useful to your research in this thread.  Wink 

Cheers,
H
Report Spam   Logged

"For the greater individual is the one who is the servant of all. And to conquer self is greater than taking cities."

Reading 3253-2
Wind

« Reply #56 on: July 10, 2009, 06:06:53 pm »

Thanks for the info Horus, I haven't had a chance to read it all yet, but I've saved it in my files Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #57 on: July 10, 2009, 06:39:47 pm »

I have them both in Atlantis & the Atlantic Ocean:

http://atlantisonline.smfforfree2.com/index.php/topic,6614.0.html
Report Spam   Logged

Wind

« Reply #58 on: October 08, 2009, 01:22:35 am »

Just found this. Kind of interesting

Report Spam   Logged
Mario Dantas
Superhero Member

« Reply #59 on: October 09, 2009, 06:15:28 am »

http://picasaweb.google.com/dantaz/PlatoGadesAndAlfredWegenerSContinentalDrift

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: