Atlantis Online
April 18, 2024, 02:59:27 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: USA showered by a watery comet ~11,000 years ago, ending the Golden Age of man in America
http://dsc.discovery.com/news/briefs/20050926/mammoth_02.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

WOW, JUST WOW...........

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 31   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WOW, JUST WOW...........  (Read 30546 times)
Krista Davenport
Superhero Member

« Reply #225 on: June 09, 2009, 11:45:32 pm »

1. Yes thy do worship him.It is so natural for sheep's.

2.Ou, is it because Hi is God?Or Great Beast?Or maybe...''HIM''.

Okay, if you think that Obama is being "worshipped," by all means provide some proof.  And none of that photoshop crap from page one either, anyone can become an ICON these days. That doesn't mean they are being WORSHIPPED.

Provide actual proof that people are PRAYING to Obama, and I concede the point.  Prayer constitutes worship.
Report Spam   Logged
Krista Davenport
Superhero Member

« Reply #226 on: June 09, 2009, 11:47:14 pm »

QUOTE:

"Since some of you guys are determined to hate him (FOR WHATEVER REASON   ), I'll leave you to your hatred, but know that you are in the way, way minority

throughout the world." 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You sure as heck haven't been reading the British newspapers lately, have you?

There were so many critical and downright mean articles written by them that I didn't know which
one to chose.

And that's not counting the other countries' newspapers.....

And just who cares what editorial newspapers say?  I could find you ten columns that love Obama just as quickly as I could the ones that hate him.

Editorial columnists mean SQUAT.
Report Spam   Logged
Krista Davenport
Superhero Member

« Reply #227 on: June 09, 2009, 11:50:15 pm »

Here's another example from the Canadian press:

Canada’s love affair with Barack Obama

We like him more than Americans do, with some small concerns
Tags: Barack Obama, Canada, poll

Canada’s love affair with Barack Obama

We love him, with an asterisk. The broad-band smile, the Lincolnesque bearing, the sense of the man as an avatar of multiculturalism—it all makes Barack Obama the perfect U.S. president in the eyes of Canadians. Heaven knows we’ve been waiting. When the motorcade rolls down Wellington Street next week, or pulls up to Rideau Hall, you can expect dewy-eyed kids to line barricades with paper flags, no matter how foul the Ottawa weather. Eighty-two per cent of us say we approve of Obama, the polls indicate, and the number requires a moment to digest. Never mind American politicians. Who’s the last American we can say that about?

When Angus Reid Strategies quizzed Canadians last week on behalf of Maclean’s, the lines practically glowed with excitement over a perceived new era in Canada-U.S. relations. More than half of respondents said they think Obama’s economic policies will be good for Canada—however bleak the outlook for the U.S. economy. Same went for his energy policy, while fully six out of 10 voiced support for his environmental program (remember that?), suggesting Stephen Harper got it right when he proposed a plan to coordinate the two countries’ climate change strategies.

The results spoke to the affinity Canadians have felt toward Obama since he burst onto the U.S. electoral scene, setting a fresh tone for a country a lot of us had given up trying to understand. After eight years of voicing diffidence, if not scorn toward the previous administration, 41 per cent of our respondents want greater ties with the U.S., compared to just nine per cent who think we should distance ourselves from our southern neighbours (44 per cent think we should maintain the same level). And it’s clear that Canadians are flattered by his decision to put us so near the top of his itinerary: 61 per cent of those polled say they plan to follow media coverage of the visit, which will last only half a day.

To describe this as a break with the recent past is near-sinful understatement. The last time Canadians were asked, we rated George W. Bush’s global leadership below that of Russia’s Vladimir Putin, and we have consistently voiced hope to pollsters that better relations were around the corner. Even Americans aren’t as bullish as Canadians on Obama these days, giving him still-generous approval ratings between 64 and 73 per cent, depending on who’s doing the polling. In Washington, things have been downright tough: two of Obama’s key political appointees have been forced to withdraw due to tax irregularities, and his stimulus package has been subject to a wall of partisan opposition in Congress. He may be glad for five hours in a place where the honeymoon remains in full swing.

Still, we are Canadians, which means Obama will also get a taste of the old-time fatalism that runs just beneath our optimism. In recent weeks, talk of American protectionism—most notably the “buy American” requirement in the stimulus package—has stirred long-standing insecurities about Congress’s tendency to pull up the drawbridge when times get tough. Those fears were reflected in our poll results. When asked if Obama would be good for Canada on cross-border trade, or on the auto industry, the numbers dropped to 41 per cent, and 38 per cent, respectively. “Putting aside his popularity,” says Mario Canseco, Angus Reid’s vice-president of public affairs, “Democratic governments are always perceived as more protectionist.”

So the asterisk is important, more so for Canadian leaders than for Obama himself. Several old Washington hands told Maclean’s that the government is lucky for the chance to make its wishes known while the new President is still fresh in the job. “Those are the visits a leader tends to remember,” says Michael Kergin, Canada’s ambassador to Washington from 2000 until 2005. “After the first six months or a year it starts to become routine.” Given the Canadian inclination to blame our problems on our southern neighbours, Kergin adds, it is important to tackle the issues before the bloom is off the relationship: differences will almost certainly intervene, forcing both sides to put politics before friendship. Trade barriers, America’s thickening border, Arctic sovereignty, Obama’s promise to review NAFTA—these are just a few of the issues bound to test the countries’ mutual ties.

Walking that wire is a lot more difficult for prime ministers than it is for presidents. “Historically, there’s always been a price to be paid for being seen as too close to the United States,” notes Fen Hampson, director of the Norman Paterson School of International Relations at Carleton University. And while Bush’s departure reduces those risks, it also raises complications. Under Bush, a prime minister could score cheap political points by defying the White House, or boasting grandly when it extracted some small concession from the administration. That won’t work under a president Canadians happen to like, and with whom they want their government to co-operate. If you can’t strike deals with someone as constructive and diplomatic as Obama, voters might reasonably ask, what kind of negotiator are you?

The good news for Canadian leaders is that our expectations are surprisingly low. Fully 46 per cent of those polled expect the current U.S. government to be more protectionist than the last. Less than half think Washington’s stimulus package is likely to end the recession. In short, there’s nowhere to go but up. More importantly, we’ve made up our minds on what threatened to be the most divisive foreign policy question facing the country: when asked whether Canada should keep its troops in Afghanistan should Obama request it, 65 per cent said no while only 20 per cent said yes. “We paid at the office big time on Afghanistan, and this is starting to permeate the Canadian psyche,” says Kergin. “It’s not so much a question of being supportive to the Americans as whether the war should be waged. I’ll bet if you asked them, Canadians would tell you Obama shouldn’t be waging it, either.”

http://www2.macleans.ca/2009/02/13/canadas-love-affair-with-barack-obama/

Gee, from what I have been reading, looks like the Canadians like him better than THEIR leader, like Qoais mentioned earlier. 
Report Spam   Logged
Krista Davenport
Superhero Member

« Reply #228 on: June 09, 2009, 11:59:00 pm »

The Cairo disaster

By David Warren,
Ottawa Citizen
June 5, 2009

Who cares what Ottawa citizen David Warren said?  Newt Gingrich and Sarah Palin didn't like it either. So what?  I can also show you editorials that thought it was one of the most important speeches of our times.

Obama blew speech

President did disservice to U.S. with condescending appeal to Muslims

If it  was supposed to be so condescending to Arabs why did Lebanon just vote Hezbollah out and vote in the party of moderates after hearing it?

And Ahmerdinijad is also behind in the polls in Iran. 

The Arabs, for once, are voting their hopes, not their fears, for once!

Report Spam   Logged
Harconen
Superhero Member

« Reply #229 on: June 10, 2009, 12:18:37 am »

1. Yes thy do worship him.It is so natural for sheep's.

2.Ou, is it because Hi is God?Or Great Beast?Or maybe...''HIM''.

Okay, if you think that Obama is being "worshipped," by all means provide some proof.  And none of that photoshop crap from page one either, anyone can become an ICON these days. That doesn't mean they are being WORSHIPPED.

Provide actual proof that people are PRAYING to Obama, and I concede the point.  Prayer constitutes worship.

LMAO!!!

My dear, are you blond?
Report Spam   Logged

Ignis Natura Renovandum Integra
Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #230 on: June 10, 2009, 12:21:36 am »

People "idolize" movie stars and rock singers all the time and it's quite acceptable.  For some reason if people idolize their president, it's not cool, and yet who should be more admired the rock star for making a bunch of noise, or the president for helping the country?
Report Spam   Logged

An open-minded view of the past allows for an unprejudiced glimpse into the future.

Logic rules.

"Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong."
Wind

« Reply #231 on: June 10, 2009, 12:43:51 am »

What is a god Wind? I always wondered who started the word What does it mean? The Christians follow a god that supposedly ordered Moses to build an Arc of the Covenant and use it to kill everything in his path, a god that plays favorites with his children and pits them against each other. The Egyptians now, they believed their god/pharoah was more benevolent. He was wise, he taught them things, he looked after them. So what exactly is a god? Does it mean they don't die? But the Christian god leading Moses died. He stopped communicating with the people and the Arc of the Covenent was stolen and that was the name of that tune. Pharoah dies, yet he's still a god.

We in the modern world, don't use that term anymore, but if we did, President Obama would probably be considered a "god" in that he is charismatic, people immediately gravitate towards his sincerity, and he is determined to help his country and his people. We might call that a great leader - although he hasn't had time yet to get much done. His intentions are good, but I think the hidden powers that really rule the world, will or have already, taken him aside and said look here buddy, this is how it is and you'll stay withing the guidelines we give you or you're outta here. His idealism will wear down and he will be gray before his term is finished.

I know some Jewish folks also, and their skin is much darker than mine. They do have blue eyes, but they have black hair and dark skin. I guess compared to President Obama, they're still considered "white". However, "Jew" is a religion, not a nationality.

Sorry Qoais I was only teasing, pulling your leg you know Grin, However you did raise a very interesting question what is a god?

Does anybody know if there’s a thread that’s been started about this? I've got a lot of info I'd like to share.
Report Spam   Logged
Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #232 on: June 10, 2009, 12:50:40 am »

I know you were teasing wind, but really, I've pondered this before.  Who taught us to "worship" and why?  Supposedly there is a spark of God in each and every one of us - so to "relate" to God and chit chat back and forth, does not entail "prayers", and what is prayer anyway, but us asking for a whole bunch of stuff?
Report Spam   Logged

An open-minded view of the past allows for an unprejudiced glimpse into the future.

Logic rules.

Harconen
Superhero Member

« Reply #233 on: June 10, 2009, 12:56:34 am »

I know you were teasing wind, but really, I've pondered this before.  Who taught us to "worship" and why?  Supposedly there is a spark of God in each and every one of us - so to "relate" to God and chit chat back and forth, does not entail "prayers", and what is prayer anyway, but us asking for a whole bunch of stuff?

WOW JUST WOW to you Qoais!
Report Spam   Logged

Wind

« Reply #234 on: June 10, 2009, 01:08:35 am »

I am so sorry for what I'm about to say everyone.
However, I'm going to say it anyways.

On one hand we have those who support Obama. On the other hand we have those who are completely against him. Then we have those who could care less.
Question is; What the debate here?

Those who oppose Obama have been telling his supporters one thing. The other side is telling the opposers how wonderful he is.

It all is going in circles and nothing is being accomplished. We are for the most part, smart people.
Right?

Well if nothing is going any where by debate, then it stands to reason that what we are doing is pointless.
It's one thing to express an idea or feeling you might have about something in particular.
Yet I fail to see what the prize is here by debating something that is a difference of opinion.

Look, I love coming here and talking to all of you.
I enjoy the discussions in this forum a whole bunch.
As for the politics; No one is going to reach an end to the debate on this because everyone is pretty well set in what they do beleive and nothing is going to change anyone's minds here about all of this.

I guess if preaching to deaf ears on both sides of this is all we can accomplish. Then we are truely defeating our own purposes. Why don't we just do a poll on it and call it a day.

Should we;

Impeach Obama
Worship Obama
Undecided

Atleast then we can show, using raw data what the majority thinks.
It seems like a more productive thing to do then sit here and push our own individual sides of this debate to accomplish nada, zip, zilch.......

HereForNow I couldn’t agree with you more, This whole argument just goes to show that we never truly grow up, not only us personally but as a whole.   Humanity I’m afraid has a very long way to go before we can overcome our petty differences and focus on what’s really important.   You know! It might just take a world wide catastrophe to wake us up and give us the kick in the pants we need.  It is sad though that we cant work things out on our own.

I kind of regret posting on this thread in the first place because every time that I click the new replies to my posts link, it brings up this thread, and of course my curiosity gets the best of me and so I read what’s been said, and every time I do it does nothing but depress me and make me sad.

Report Spam   Logged
Wind

« Reply #235 on: June 10, 2009, 01:17:04 am »

Qoais I feel that it was probably the ancient kings and leaders that wanted to be worshiped and so set themselves up as god's, this is probably where humans were taught to worship in the first place.

I do agree that we are all part of the spark of God as you put it, not the human invented god! we are all part of a greater whole. I too don't like the idea of prayer, you're right it does seem selfish.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 01:21:02 am by Wind » Report Spam   Logged
Harconen
Superhero Member

« Reply #236 on: June 10, 2009, 02:26:07 am »

Obama, occult nomination ceremony

Before an immense croud gathered in the pyramid formed in the streets of Washinton D.C., a gigantic ritual ceremony took place. The orator (Obama) , situated in the center of the eye on top of the pyramid, gave a speech, that, according to many, was  some kind of satanic mantra to seduce the masses.

Obama in the center of the pyramid’s eye, coincidence?…Judge for yourself. Obama’s grand seduction seem to be working just fine. Jesus would not have done better!!

Washington D.C.’s architectural is a well known free-masons design, a perfect place to hold a ritualistic ceremony. Rumors is on the web that Obama is the antichrist!

The rumor started from some obscur evangelistic blogs and has swollen to reach CNN news broadcast. A new tv spot from campaign rival John McCain has put oil on the fire; Moses impersonated by Obama, going trough the flows of Charlton Heston. The Youtube video received 1.5 million hits. CNN took some peices of the video to calm the rumors, gave it national visibility.

According to McCain’s entourage, the video is to be taken lightly, saying its just a friendly and funny way of exposing megalomaniac speech tendencies of president Obama. Still it is a strange echo of  some extremist christian minorities, that see a ressemblance between the democrate winner and the antichrist of St-John revelations book of the bible that seems to be inspired by the >Left behind> series about a young and brilliant politician invested into power, at first acclamed untill people realize he is the worst  satanic person they elected.

The antichrist of the book of revelation in the bible is seen by  many readers as a past and done prophety. Still, many americans think these events are up and comming.

This caracter is described as a charismatic leader that will convince everyone on the earth, even the saints. Winning every heart without a fight, he sould conquer all, only then should he bring desolation and destruction, according to the bible.

Here is another image from Google GeoEye’s satellite

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHJkS-bAJv8&eurl=http%3A%2F%2F911truth%2Dsherbrooke%2Eorg%2F2009%2F02%2F06%2Fobama%2Doccult%2Dnomination%2Dceremony%2F&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkRY46iRN9o&eurl=http%3A%2F%2F911truth%2Dsherbrooke%2Eorg%2F2009%2F02%2F06%2Fobama%2Doccult%2Dnomination%2Dceremony%2F&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ldZS9PL9KE&eurl=http%3A%2F%2F911truth%2Dsherbrooke%2Eorg%2F2009%2F02%2F06%2Fobama%2Doccult%2Dnomination%2Dceremony%2F&feature=player_embedded

Obama est un cousin de Bush (onzičmes cousin) !!!

"Then I saw another beast, coming out of the earth. He had two horns like a lamb [he appears righteous - a lamb is the symbol of Christ], but he spoke like a dragon [a dragon is one of the symbols of Satan]."

"He exercised all the authority of the first beast [the political leader] on his behalf, and made the earth and its inhabitants worship the first beast [the great religious leader will take a secondary role to the political leader].

Article by 187-to-NWO

Translation done by Fleurdelys

« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 02:54:41 am by Harconen » Report Spam   Logged

Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #237 on: June 10, 2009, 10:00:45 am »

Well, we all know it wasn't Obama who designed Washington so that can't be blamed on him.  Actually, it kind of looks like a partial amphithreatre.  If it could have made the complete circle it WOULD be like an anphitheatre.

Harconen - there will always be those few who take hate to the heights of craziness.  Look at the KKK.  What a bunch of retards.  I mean, going around in cloaks so no one will know who they are means they're totally ashamed of what they believe in, knowing it's wrong.  And like my goofy sister said when we were chatting about this, who would want to be caught dead in one of those cloaks, they're so ugly!!!

I have found that a lot of religious people are the worst fear and hate mongers.  They cling to religion because they seem to be lacking some sort of balance in their life and then take those beliefs to extremes.  There are a lot of super nice religious people too, don't get me wrong, but the ones that take their beliefs to the extreme are dangerous.  I don't know why people dislike so much that it gets to be hate.  I can honestly say I've never hated anyone in my life and I'm not sure I'd know how. 
Report Spam   Logged

Logic rules.

zachariah

"Then I looked up—and there before me were two wom

« Reply #238 on: June 10, 2009, 10:09:14 am »

http://www.youtube.com/user/10000Pennies
Report Spam   Logged

"Then I looked up—and there before me were two women, with the wind in their wings!
Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #239 on: June 10, 2009, 10:17:27 am »

So where's the facts and figures to back up that video?  Anyone can say anything they want but they have to prove it.  It's not even common sense.  If nothing had been done at all, there would be MILLIONS out of a job.  ALL the car companies would be broke, all the satellite companies of car companies would go down, like the parts makers, the people who make all the cleaning products for cars, and so on.  The banks would have closed, there would be hundreds of thousands of people wandering in the streets looking for food because their money is gone, and maybe THEN you would have the right to blame someone, but it would not be Obama's fault that the country was brought down.  What if Hillary had gotten in?  Would everyone be spreading the hate crap for her?  Would they be blaming her for all the mess the country is in?  Not.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 12:22:14 pm by Qoais » Report Spam   Logged

Logic rules.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 31   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: