Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 07:07:03 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ancient Crash, Epic Wave
http://www.iht.com/articles/2006/11/14/healthscience/web.1114meteor.php?page=1

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

WOW, JUST WOW...........

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 31   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WOW, JUST WOW...........  (Read 29526 times)
Harconen
Superhero Member

« Reply #210 on: June 09, 2009, 07:54:38 pm »

I like it the way it is now too.  Why would anyone want to do either/or?  Why just impeach or worship?  Why not just simply back your president who is trying his damndest to straighten out one hell of a mess?

If what we're doing here is pointless, why do we have a forum at all?  The whole thing is to discuss different subjects.  Everyone has an opinion of those subjects.  

What is a god  Wind?  I always wondered who started the word Smiley  What does it mean?  The Christians follow a god that supposedly ordered Moses to build an Arc of the Covenant and use it to kill everything in his path, a god that plays favorites with his children and pits them against each other.  The Egyptians now, they believed their god/pharoah was more benevolent.  He was wise, he taught them things, he looked after them.  So what exactly is a god?  Does it mean they don't die?  But the Christian god leading Moses died.  He stopped communicating with the people and the Arc of the Covenent was stolen and that was the name of that tune.  Pharoah dies, yet he's still a god.  

We in the modern world, don't use that term anymore, but if we did, President Obama would probably be considered a "god" in that he is charismatic, people immediately gravitate towards his sincerity, and he is determined to help his country and his people.  We might call that a great leader - although he hasn't had time yet to get much done.  His intentions are good, but I think the hidden powers that really rule the world, will or have already, taken him aside and said look here buddy, this is how it is and you'll stay withing the guidelines we give you or you're outta here.  His idealism will wear down and he will be gray before his term is finished.  

I know some Jewish folks also, and their skin is much darker than mine.  They do have blue eyes, but they have black hair and dark skin.  I guess compared to President Obama, they're still considered "white".  However, "Jew" is a religion, not a nationality.

My last post was from http://www.hypnoticcus.com/Blog.htm , I post it because I find it interesting.

About; ''If what we're doing here is pointless, why do we have a forum at all?  The whole thing is to discuss different subjects.  Everyone has an opinion of those subjects.''
I agry.

About; ''We in the modern world, don't use that term anymore, but if we did, President Obama would probably be considered a "god" ''

''Two are the methods of becoming God: the Upright and the Averse.  Let the Mind become as a flame, or as a well of still water.
Of each method are three principal examples given to them that are without the Threshold.
In this first book are written the Reflexions.'' - from http://www.geocities.com/nu_isis/liber341.html

About Obama.I don't have idols to belive in, God's to.Homo est Deus.And, I think that, he is just puppet on strings.
Report Spam   Logged

Ignis Natura Renovandum Integra
Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #211 on: June 09, 2009, 08:36:21 pm »

I do believe he has become a puppet because if he doesn't, he's dead meat.  I don't think it started out that way.  As my uncle used to always say "the road to hell is paved with good intentions."  I just hope he doesn't become to downtrodden and holds his head up and keeps trying to do the good things he set out to do.
Report Spam   Logged

An open-minded view of the past allows for an unprejudiced glimpse into the future.

Logic rules.

"Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong."
Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #212 on: June 09, 2009, 08:53:48 pm »

Obama is a puppet to the Bilderbergers and the NWO.
Report Spam   Logged
Harconen
Superhero Member

« Reply #213 on: June 09, 2009, 09:11:55 pm »

I do believe he has become a puppet because if he doesn't, he's dead meat.  I don't think it started out that way.  As my uncle used to always say "the road to hell is paved with good intentions."  I just hope he doesn't become to downtrodden and holds his head up and keeps trying to do the good things he set out to do.

I agry.''Thy'' do this if you are ready to expose ''them''.

http://video.google.com/videosearch?gbv=2&hl=en&q=kennedy%20assassination&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=iv#
Report Spam   Logged

Harconen
Superhero Member

« Reply #214 on: June 09, 2009, 09:16:19 pm »

Obama is a puppet to the Bilderbergers and the NWO.

Who is behind  Bilderbergers and the NWO?
Report Spam   Logged

Krista Davenport
Superhero Member

« Reply #215 on: June 09, 2009, 09:42:22 pm »

Just as couple of things to straighten out here, and I'll try to do it without blowing my top:

1.  None of Obama's supporters "worship" him.  We just like him better than old man McCain or dittohead Sarah Palin.  The "woship" charge is something conjured up by jealous right wingers who are SOOOOO pissed off that we actually like Obama and DON'T think of him as the lesser of two evils.

2.  You want to try and impeach Obama, Herefornow?  Go ahead and try.  No matter how he screws up, he is not going to get out of there.  You couldn't impeach Bush who's popuilarity was in the 20%, you sure as **** aren't going to impeach Obama who is at 60% t0 70%, depending on which poll you look at.

3.  Nobody ever threatened Bianca or told her that she didn't have the right to keep posting her anti-Obama crap, we merely said we have the right to disagree with it.  I actually like her anti-Obama crap.  Since (like Volitzer) 90% of it is made up crap from PUMA or some right winger's website, it is pretty dang easy to refute.

(Oh, and no one went back and changed anything they said to her, you are welcome to go back and check all my past posts in this thread.

4.  Obama is not a puppet either. He is just a guy dealt a bunch of problems by our last dummy-in-chief, Bush, and doing the best he can with it.

Since some of you guys are determined to hate him (FOR WHATEVER REASON  Wink ), I'll leave you to your hatred, but know that you are in the way, way minority throughout the world. 

Because of Obama, it is suddenly cool to be American again, which is something you COULDN'T say if Palin, Hillary or old man McCain had gotten in there.
Report Spam   Logged
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #216 on: June 09, 2009, 09:56:25 pm »

Whoever accused

Y O U , Krista?

And, yes, I was told there was no room for the likes of ME here in no uncertain terms!

I went back and it had totally changed without trace of modification - don't tell me it can't be done because it has happened before, only that time I had copied it before it was changed. 

This time I didn't.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 10:09:16 pm by Bianca » Report Spam   Logged

Your mind understands what you have been taught; your heart what is true.
Harconen
Superhero Member

« Reply #217 on: June 09, 2009, 10:00:54 pm »

Just as couple of things to straighten out here, and I'll try to do it without blowing my top:

1.  None of Obama's supporters "worship" him.  We just like him better than old man McCain or dittohead Sarah Palin.  The "woship" charge is something conjured up by jealous right wingers who are SOOOOO pissed off that we actually like Obama and DON'T think of him as the lesser of two evils.

2.  You want to try and impeach Obama, Herefornow?  Go ahead and try.  No matter how he screws up, he is not going to get out of there.  You couldn't impeach Bush who's popuilarity was in the 20%, you sure as s*** aren't going to impeach Obama who is at 60% t0 70%, depending on which poll you look at.

3.  Nobody ever threatened Bianca or told her that she didn't have the right to keep posting her anti-Obama crap, we merely said we have the right to disagree with it.  I actually like her anti-Obama crap.  Since (like Volitzer) 90% of it is made up crap from PUMA or some right winger's website, it is pretty dang easy to refute.

(Oh, and no one went back and changed anything they said to her, you are welcome to go back and check all my past posts in this thread.

4.  Obama is not a puppet either. He is just a guy dealt a bunch of problems by our last dummy-in-chief, Bush, and doing the best he can with it.

Since some of you guys are determined to hate him (FOR WHATEVER REASON  Wink ), I'll leave you to your hatred, but know that you are in the way, way minority throughout the world. 

Because of Obama, it is suddenly cool to be American again, which is something you COULDN'T say if Palin, Hillary or old man McCain had gotten in there.

1. Yes thy do worship him.It is so natural for sheep's.

2.Ou, is it because Hi is God?Or Great Beast?Or maybe...''HIM''.

3.No coment.

4.LOL.

I don't hate anybody.I am just real.

It is not cool, at all, to be American.See out side of U.S. borders, what kind of s**t your Army and CIA and NSA etc. do.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 10:02:42 pm by Harconen » Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #218 on: June 09, 2009, 10:03:00 pm »

QUOTE:

"Since some of you guys are determined to hate him (FOR WHATEVER REASON   ), I'll leave you to your hatred, but know that you are in the way, way minority

throughout the world."  

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You sure as heck haven't been reading the British newspapers lately, have you?

There were so many critical and downright mean articles written by them that I didn't know which
one to chose.

And that's not counting the other countries' newspapers.....
Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #219 on: June 09, 2009, 10:14:24 pm »

You haven't even bothered reading the CANADIAN newspapers, have you Krista?

They'll make your hair curl......
Report Spam   Logged

Harconen
Superhero Member

« Reply #220 on: June 09, 2009, 10:16:21 pm »

LMAO
Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #221 on: June 09, 2009, 10:24:31 pm »

Here's a sample from the Canadian press:

http://atlantisonline.smfforfree2.com/index.php/topic,18869.0.html
Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #222 on: June 09, 2009, 10:27:09 pm »

On second thought, here:

The Cairo disaster

By David Warren,
Ottawa Citizen
June 5, 2009

When a politician announces, at the beginning of a major speech, that he is going to be entirely honest with you, you should stop trying to protect your wallet.

For it is time to defend your soul.

This aphorism occurred as I listened to the opening of Barack Obama’s major speech in Cairo. As I have argued previously, he is not an honest man but, instead, a demagogue. He plays games with reality in the course of weaving his rhetorical spells. To be clear: he is no Hitler, no Mussolini, with some vision of national or racial glory, cynically manipulating the crowds to purposes that are ultimately violent. Far from that.

Nor is he a Trudeau, precisely, with an inner contempt for the people he is pledged to serve, and his own agenda to put past them. I do not even think Obama suffers from the vanity of Trudeau, who may actually have imagined himself to be some sort of “philosopher king.”

Obama’s is a different, more insidious vanity. He acknowledges his rhetorical gift as a gift, but imagines the solutions to problems coalesce of their own accord in his presence. He is President Orpheus, the “poet king,” transforming nature with his music. The German weekly, Die Zeit, expressed this perfectly in a headline: “I am a dream!”

It is the failure to acknowledge hard realities that makes Obama dangerous. As a wise Texan of my acquaintance put it, “he is attempting to model himself on Abraham Lincoln, the Great Emancipator. But, it’s with a twist. He sees himself as the Great Mediator — the One who will step into every conflict around the globe, bring to bear his superior intelligence and teleprompted eloquence, and leave the parties in a warm embrace.”

Another old friend, the errant “neocon” David Frum, explained what is shocking in that Cairo speech: to find an American president no longer mediating domestic American conflicts, but rather, those between his own country and some of her deadliest enemies. This may be presented as “reaching out” but, in practice, it leaves his own side unchampioned, unrepresented, and in the end, undefended.

Moreover, he is playing this game with a child’s understanding of the history and the stakes.

The Cairo speech is loaded with historical howlers. Other writers have explicated his misconceptions about Israel, and Hamas; about the American history in Iran; even his ridiculous notions about America’s earliest engagements with Islam. With short space, I leave that to them, but will draw attention to two grand statements, so fatuous as to beggar belief:

“As a student of history, I also know civilization’s debt to Islam. It was Islam — at places like Al-Azhar University — that carried the light of learning through so many centuries, paving the way for Europe’s Renaissance and Enlightenment.”

And: “Islam has a proud tradition of tolerance. We see it in the history of Andalusia and Cordoba during the Inquisition.”

No serious “student of history” could possibly have made either remark. The former is just bosh; the latter is incredibly offensive to Western Christendom, quite apart from the laughable anachronism.

It would be wrong to demean the real achievements of Islamic civilization to advance Western vanities. But also the reverse: it is wrong to demean the real achievements of Christendom, in the service of Islamic vanities even more absurd. And to do the latter, after presenting oneself as a Christian, is to sell out one’s whole society and being.

We may accommodate the playful, but the U.S. president was not being playful here. Or rather, he was playing with fire, as I know from some familiarity with the audience he was addressing. He was playing to the crowd, and in this case, playing to the tragic and self-destructive modern Arab propensity to blame every Arab problem on the machinations of outsiders.

By playing to that, Obama is selling out not only the democrats in the Arab and Islamic world, but every force and influence for self-betterment.

His English-speaking audience might note all the counter-balancing rhetoric about microloans and development and a woman’s choices. But for each of those, he announced some U.S. aid program that put the onus upon outsiders, again.

The speech did not merely miss an opportunity to speak the truth plainly. It sabotaged every effort to speak the truth plainly, to the darkest tyrannical forces in the Islamic world. It sold out America, it sold out the West, and it sold out the Muslims, too.

David Warren’s column appears

Sunday,
Wednesday and
Saturday.

© Copyright (c) The Ottawa Citizen
Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #223 on: June 09, 2009, 10:29:09 pm »

Obama blew speech

President did disservice to U.S. with condescending appeal to Muslims

By PETER WORTHINGTON
Toronto Sun
Last Updated: 6th June 2009,

The trouble with U.S. President Barack Obama's boffo speech in Cairo to the Muslim world was not what he said -- but that he said it.

To explain: The content was generally fair, rational, evenhanded and fitting for a moderator, arbitrator or neutral adjudicator.

But that's not what Obama is. He is, or should be, the embodiment of his country and its interests. When he appoints himself the go-between who sees all sides and takes no sides -- who chastises all conflicting parties equally and impartially -- he does a disservice to himself, his country and to truth.

His speech has generally been applauded. Superficially, at least.

But on reflection it was arrogant, condescending. A "father knows best" speech of moral and practical equivalency.

It was a speech that the world's moderate middle could relish and feel good about. But it was also a speech unlikely to appease extremist factions of any side. A speech that simply didn't ring true in many ways.

All civilizations are not equal. All cultures are not equal. Some are more benign than others, some more lethal. Some crueler and less deserving of tolerance.

Fine for Obama to stress the tolerant, benign nature of Islam, but whatever it was in the past it is not that tolerant or benign now -- and I'm not thinking of 9/11, or suicide bombers, or its bigotry towards women. Sunni and Shiites often cannot tolerate each other, and kill over the issue of who are the true followers of Mohammed.

Avoiding the word "terrorists," Obama chose the gentler word "extremists", which clouds what he's saying and softens the impact.

He slighted America by failing to mention that after 9/11, his countrymen showed remarkable generosity and grace by rejecting reprisals against Muslims and, in fact, going out of their way to absolve Muslims of blame.

There was nothing resembling the flavour of internment camps that were imposed on Japanese-Americans in the early days of the Second World War, when hysteria reigned.

MISLEADING

By his laboured impartiality, Obama seemed to imply that before his coming to presidential power, America was somehow lacking, negligent or derelict in generosity and decency. Nothing could be further from reality.

Stressing America's "unbreakable" bonds with Israel while pledging "we will not turn our backs" on the "intolerable" situation of Palestinians who endure "the daily humiliations that comes with occupation" is grotesquely misleading.

Good politics if it works, and effective diplomacy, but it's dishonest. Until the Arab countries attacked Israel in 1967, the West Bank and Gaza were "occupied" by Egyptians and Jordanians.

In his series of speeches around the world, Obama seemed intent on denigrating his own country by apologizing to other countries for its actions. Now he is setting himself up as the arbitrator and source of all wisdom in dealings with the Muslim world.

If he were UN secretary general rather than the president of the United States, his efforts might be more appropriate. But he isn't. Yet.

Hardliners around the world are unlikely to buy Obama's message. How he handles the next terrorist incident will be his big test.
Report Spam   Logged

Krista Davenport
Superhero Member

« Reply #224 on: June 09, 2009, 11:42:20 pm »

Whoever accused

Y O U , Krista?

And, yes, I was told there was no room for the likes of ME here in no uncertain terms!

I went back and it had totally changed without trace of modification - don't tell me it can't be done because it has happened before, only that time I had copied it before it was changed. 

This time I didn't.

Gee, I could be wrong, but I haven't been under the impression that Europa or the other mods has been out to get you, Bianca.  Since they are the only ones able to change things, I guess your beef is with them.  Since you have no proof, and I sure as heck don't remember anyone threatening you over Obama, I guess we can safely assume that you just IMAGINED THE WHOLE THING.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 31   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: