Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 09:20:58 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Scientists to drill beneath oceans
http://atlantisonline.smfforfree2.com/index.php/topic,8063.0.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

WOW, JUST WOW...........

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 31   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WOW, JUST WOW...........  (Read 29648 times)
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #105 on: May 19, 2009, 09:17:08 pm »

'Obama as Christ' Painter Is Back...and Misses Press Bias Point

By P.J. Gladnick
NewsBusters
May 19, 2009 

The painter who created the controversial "Obama as Christ" painting is back. Artist Michael D'Antuono, who apologized for offending people and withdrew his original painting, titled "The Truth," from a scheduled NYC showing on President Obama's 100th day in office, has just unveiled a new Obama painting (larger version below the fold). However, D'Antuono was a bit disingenuous in the explanation of his surprise that people were offended by his first Obama painting as you can see in this press release:

Artist Michael D'Antuono Responds To 'Truth' Critics With Second Obama Painting

NEW YORK, May 18 /PRNewswire/ -- Michael D'Antuono, the artist who gained notoriety as the creator of "The Truth", the highly controversial painting depicting President Obama in a crucifixion-like pose, has created a new work in an effort to remake his original political statement without the use of religious symbolism. 

The new work, appropriately titled "...what I meant was..." is a response to the thousands of people who decried his work as blasphemy. "Unfortunately, too many people were unable to see beyond the religious symbolism of the first painting to be able to appreciate the political statement I was trying to make," says D'Antuono. 
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 09:26:27 pm by Bianca » Report Spam   Logged

Your mind understands what you have been taught; your heart what is true.
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #106 on: May 19, 2009, 09:19:08 pm »

Oh please, Michael. You produce a painting depicting Obama with outstretched arms and wearing a crown of thorns and didn't expect much of a reaction from that? A little hard to ponder political meanings when that religious imagery was overwhelming the viewer. But back to his press release plugging his new Obama painting:

The new painting, to be released on May 18, 2009, portrays President Obama at a press conference. The reporters are wearing 3-D movie glasses with the color of their lenses representing their respective political views. The message the artist is sending with his new piece is clear. He is deeply troubled by the current condition of the fourth estate.

"The media views events through their partisan lenses and then spins the news for the purpose of advancing their own political agenda. The end result is a country that is passionately divided," says D'Antuono. With his latest painting, he is challenging the media to be less partisan in its reporting and the viewer to be more discerning between fact and opinion.

D'Antuono's painting "The Truth" gained international attention on television, radio and especially the internet. It became the most emailed photo on Yahoo! and wound up on Wikipedia until an offended party had it removed. The artist feels that his point was proven by the diverse reaction to the piece and by the divisive nature in which both the right and left wing media covered "The Truth" in an effort to provoke and mobilize their respective audiences
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 09:20:47 pm by Bianca » Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #107 on: May 19, 2009, 09:22:42 pm »

What do you think?

What do I think? I think you completely missed the press bias point in your painting. First of all, you portray the red and blue lense folks at an Obama press conference in about equal porportions. In reality there would be maybe one or at the most two members of the press wearing red lenses and the rest of the room would be decked out in blue lenses. Also the folks wearing blue lenses would be not just outright leftwingers like Helen Thomas, Keith Olbermann, or Rachel Maddow as your painting depicts. It would be much more accurate if folks laughingly attempting to pass themselves off as neutral, such as Matt Lauer, Brian Williams, or Katie Couric were in that press room wearing blue lenses.

Therefore I am issuing a challenge to anyone (including even Mr. D'Antuono) to produce a more accurate painting depicting press bias that I have suggested with "neutral" journalists wearing blue lenses and with the correct ratio of blue vs red lenses that is allowed into an Obama press conference.

If someone can produce such a painting in the Michael D'Antuono style, I will even feature it in this blog posting as an update. Just post on it the web and provide me with the link for analysis and judgement.

p.s. Is that El Rushbo scratching his head?

—P.J. Gladnick is a freelance writer and creator of
the DUmmie FUnnies blog.
Report Spam   Logged

Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #108 on: May 20, 2009, 10:52:44 am »

All left wing and right wing media is controlled by the CFR.

Only libertarian media isn't.
Report Spam   Logged
zachariah

"Then I looked up—and there before me were two wom

« Reply #109 on: May 25, 2009, 12:14:52 am »

One good thing came out of it, Horus, at least for me.

A life-long love for the

GREATEST GENERATION. 

and the 

UNITED STATES

Maybe, someday, I'll go into particulars - not now.  Too emotional.

I made up my mind to live in America, someday.  And I achieved my dream in 1970.

Make no mistake, I love the country of my birth (see ITALY & MAGNA GRAECIA).   

I love the  United States of America equally.
[/quote]

I felt this about you Bianca, I knew there was something you had experienced that gave you this incredible insight into Obama and what we are facing.

I wish they would listen to you.
Report Spam   Logged

"Then I looked up—and there before me were two women, with the wind in their wings!
Nemesis
Superhero Member

« Reply #110 on: May 25, 2009, 04:04:48 am »

Why, because she shares your point of view? 

Zachariah, you are a lifelong Republican and a Bush/McCain/Palin supporter.  Even the most biased Obama hater would have to admit that he is more qualified (and doing a better job) than any of those bozos would, or has done.

That's not to say he is perfect, but he is at least doing a better job than those dogmeat candidates that you keep propping up.

In other words, while you are
Report Spam   Logged

"Behold I am become death, the destroyer of worlds"
HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #111 on: May 25, 2009, 07:33:36 am »

Perhaps but I will say this on Ron Pauls behalf. He is atleast willing to acknowledge the way we are all being screwed by the Federal Reserve and is taking action. Obama, is more of a "yes" man and will do what he is told. Ofcourse I am not democratic, republican, or liberal. I don't support any political party now-a-days.

Freedom is either death or no government. Unless we get rid of the monitary exchange, these is the only freedoms we are going to know. Now, back to work slaves! We have to make our masters rich, and stop speaking so ill-willed of them or they will have to punish us.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 07:41:19 am by HereForNow » Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #112 on: May 25, 2009, 08:54:35 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvsADU2OOWM&feature=player_embedded
 Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

zachariah

« Reply #113 on: May 25, 2009, 10:47:54 am »

Zachariah, you are a lifelong Republican and a Bush/McCain/Palin supporter.  Even the most biased Obama hater would have to admit that he is more qualified (and doing a better job) than any of those bozos would, or has done.

That's not to say he is perfect, but he is at least doing a better job than those dogmeat candidates that you keep propping up.

You are blind, none of it is in your best interest, but being wrong is hard for a person to swallow, so they turn a blind eye, time will tell,

I am surprised Bianca even post on this forum.

and yes i was surprised that she and I held the same views,

But while TPTB keep us fighting with oneanother over whos the better man, while in the meantime they destroy a whole country,

you are the TOOL.
Report Spam   Logged

"Then I looked up—and there before me were two women, with the wind in their wings!
zachariah

« Reply #114 on: May 25, 2009, 11:00:36 am »

We were told that "The One" would heal the planet!

World Leaders Defy Obama? We were told that "The One" would heal the planet!
Netanyahu defies Obama

JERUSALEM, May 24 (Reuters) - Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Sunday rebuffed U.S. calls for a full settlement freeze in the occupied West Bank and vowed not to accept limits on building of Jewish enclaves within Jerusalem.

Iran's Ahmadinejad rejects Western nuclear proposal

TEHRAN (Reuters) - Iran's President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad rejected on Monday a "freeze-for-freeze" proposal put forward by the West in a bid to resolve a row over the Islamic Republic's nuclear aims.

"Our talks (with major powers) will only be in the framework of cooperation for managing global issues and nothing else. We have clearly announced this," he said when asked about the so-called "freeze-for-freeze" proposal.

"The nuclear issue is a finished issue for us," Ahmadinejad told a news conference.

British banks revolt against Obama tax plan

British banks and stockbrokers may refuse to take on American clients if new international tax proposals outlined by President Obama are passed. ...

Andy Thompson of Association of Private Client Investment Managers and Stockbrokers (APCIMS) said: "The cost and administration of the US tax regime is causing UK investment firms to consider disinvesting in US shares on behalf of their clients. This is not right and emphasises that the administration of a tax regime on a global scale without any flexibility damages the very economy it is trying to protect."

North Korea tests nuke

SEOUL, South Korea (AP) - North Korea claimed it carried out a powerful underground nuclear test Monday - much larger than one conducted in 2006 - in a major provocation in the escalating international standoff over its rogue nuclear and missile programs.

Pyongyang announced the test, and Russia's Defense Ministry confirmed an atomic explosion at 9:54 a.m. (0054 GMT) in northeastern North Korea, estimating the blast's yield at 10 to 20 kilotons - comparable to the bombs that flattened Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

North Korea, incensed by the condemnation of the April 5 rocket launch, had warned last month that it would restart its rogue nuclear program, conduct an atomic test and carry out long-range missile tests.

President Barack Obama said a nuclear test would constitute an act of "blatant defiance" of the U.N. Security Council and a violation of international law, and only further isolate North Korea.

North Korea's claims "are a matter of grave concern to all nations," he said, calling for international action in a statement from Washington. "North Korea's attempts to develop nuclear weapons, as well as its ballistic missile program, constitute a threat to international peace and security."

President 'WE'RE OUT OF MONEY'

Which recalls this essay from the UK Telegraph: "...why does President Pantywaist hate America so badly?"

The President of the United States is a community organizer who's self proclaimed executive management experience is running for president. Does it make you feel comfortable that this friend of racists and terrorists is leading America, ... or the world?

Gerald Warner in the UK Telegraph:

If al-Qaeda, the Taliban and the rest of the Looney Tunes brigade want to kick America to death, they had better move in quickly and grab a piece of the action before Barack Obama finishes the job himself. Never in the history of the United States has a president worked so actively against the interests of his own people - not even Jimmy Carter.

Obama's problem is that he does not know who the enemy is. To him, the enemy does not squat in caves in Waziristan, clutching automatic weapons and reciting the more militant verses from the Koran: instead, it sits around at tea parties in Kentucky quoting from the US Constitution. Obama is not at war with terrorists, but with his Republican fellow citizens. He has never abandoned the campaign trail.

That is why he opened Pandora's Box by publishing the Justice Department's legal opinions on waterboarding and other hardline interrogation techniques. He cynically subordinated the national interest to his partisan desire to embarrass the Republicans. Then he had to rush to Langley, Virginia to try to reassure a demoralised CIA that had just discovered the President of the United States was an even more formidable foe than al-Qaeda.

"Don't be discouraged by what's happened the last few weeks," he told intelligence officers. Is he kidding? Thanks to him, al-Qaeda knows the private interrogation techniques available to the US intelligence agencies and can train its operatives to withstand them - or would do so, if they had not already been outlawed.

So, next time a senior al-Qaeda hood is captured, all the CIA can do is ask him nicely if he would care to reveal when a major population centre is due to be hit by a terror spectacular, or which American city is about to be irradiated by a dirty bomb. Your view of this situation will be dictated by one simple criterion: whether or not you watched the people jumping from the twin towers.

Obama promised his CIA audience that nobody would be prosecuted for past actions. That has already been contradicted by leftist groups with a revanchist ambition to put Republicans, headed if possible by Condoleezza Rice, in the dock. Talk about playing party politics with national security. Martin Scheinin, the United Nations special investigator for human rights, claims that senior figures, including former vice president Dick Cheney, could face prosecution overseas. Ponder that - once you have got over the difficulty of locating the United Nations and human rights within the same dimension.

President Pantywaist Obama should have thought twice before sitting down to play poker with Dick Cheney. The former vice president believes documents have been selectively published and that releasing more will prove how effective the interrogation techniques were. Under Dubya's administration, there was no further atrocity on American soil after 9/11.

President Pantywaist's recent world tour, cosying up to all the bad guys, excited the ambitions of America's enemies. Here, they realised, is a sucker they can really take to the cleaners. His only enemies are fellow Americans. Which prompts the question: why does President Pantywaist hate America so badly?

Report Spam   Logged

zachariah

« Reply #115 on: May 25, 2009, 11:02:48 am »

Hey, Nemie,

Why don't you harrass Bianca like you do me, in fact you dont challenge any but me on this forum.

Why is that?

What did Pelosi know about torture?

Why did Obama backpeddle on releasing the pictures?

Because your friends the wonderful lying Dims. knew everything, he is so dumb, he had to back out because he would have outed his best buds.

Other people are waking up Nemie

« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 11:20:31 am by zachariah » Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #116 on: May 25, 2009, 01:14:01 pm »

Zachariah,

Thanks for the compliment.  I love this country - I will never tire of saying it.

I am so sorry you are getting harassed by these O-bots.....

They HATE to face the BIG  mistake in judgement that they made.  That fact IS penetrating their sub-
conscious, I think - that's why they are so hateful.

It's early in the game, let's give them a little more time....

Although, by then, it will be too late and we will

A  L  L

be paying for it!

In the meantime, today, like  G O O D  Americans, let's celebrate those who gave their lives for the

F R E E D O M S

we still enjoy.....
Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #117 on: May 25, 2009, 01:17:49 pm »

As for you, Nemesis.....

I'll 'see' you tomorrow.....

It is                                                M E M O R I A L   D AY

Sacred to me, if not to YOU!!!
Report Spam   Logged

Nemesis
Superhero Member

« Reply #118 on: May 25, 2009, 02:26:28 pm »

You are blind, none of it is in your best interest, but being wrong is hard for a person to swallow, so they turn a blind eye, time will tell,

and yes i was surprised that she and I held the same views,

But while TPTB keep us fighting with oneanother over whos the better man, while in the meantime they destroy a whole country,

you are the TOOL.

Dude, I'm the tool?  You voted for a party that advocated torture, started two wars, allowed us to get hit on 9/11 and led to the greatest financial crisi we've had since the great depression.

And you still support them over Obama?  Take a walk, dumbass, your party has been discredited. 

Your party ran this country into the ground the last eight years, all Obama is doing is cleaning uo Bush's mess.

Now run along and play, Junior and find some website more to your mentality - a Neo-Nazi or white power site, mainly where all they judge people on is the color ofg their skin.
Report Spam   Logged

Nemesis
Superhero Member

« Reply #119 on: May 25, 2009, 02:32:21 pm »

Quote from: zachariah on Today at 10:47:54 am

Gee, Zach, if you have such a low oppinion on the forum, what are you doing here?  Are you that desperate to make friends, you hang around where you are now  wanted and where 90% of the people here don't share your right wing policital point of view. 

Again, I am sure there is some nice Neo-Nazi site all ready to welcome you with open arms. Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 31   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: