Atlantis Online
April 16, 2024, 04:21:49 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: FARMING FROM 6,000 YEARS AGO
http://www.thisislincolnshire.co.uk/displayNode.jsp?nodeId=156622&command=displayContent&sourceNode=156618&contentPK=18789712&folderPk=87030

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

WOW, JUST WOW...........

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WOW, JUST WOW...........  (Read 30474 times)
iwannano

« Reply #360 on: June 14, 2009, 04:59:43 pm »

Byron, you said a couple of things that cause me some concern. First off let me clarify that I never blamed Obama for our crappy economy and yes, I do believe it started many presidents back. I did say that I think the problem is a government that has gotten too big.

While it is true we no longer export as much as we used to and import more than we used to, manufacturers didn't ship our jobs overseas because they were never OUR jobs. Those jobs were created by the corporations and hence thier jobs to move them where ever they want. The main goal of any corporation is not to employ people but to make money for the stockholders. Moving manufacturing to areas where labor costs are less means more money for the stockholders. It is not an easy decision to move a manufacturing facility and retrain employees and most would prefer to stay. Our big intrusive government creates regulations and taxes that make the costs to move seem like the better option. Again, Obama didn't start it but he is ramping it up to levels never seen before. That is not the kind of change I want so I am objecting.

Regan cut the income tax top rate from 78% to 23% and tax revenues to the government increased. Bushes tax cuts also caused tax revenue to increase but neither of them nor elder Bush or Clinton cut spending and that is why we are in the mess we are in. More than 45% of my income goes to taxes as it does with most of you if you factor in all taxes, i.e. income, sales, tax on gas, liquor, proerty, ect. Frankly that is too damm much. If you want to pay more for your don't want to work neighbor to have health coverage knock yourself out. I bet you take all the deductions you can when you file your taxes. Why? just let them have it all! The problem is that you don't want to give more unless I am forced too also. I'm not that nice.

While I am not being nice I think the tax deduction for children is ass backwards. Why should you get a deduction when your kid is reaping the benefits of my tax dollars in the form of schools, playgrounds, SCHIP, free lunches, ect. If you can't afford to raise a child don't have one.

I don't know if it is a NWO thing or just a bunch of home grown power hunger asses but it needs to stop.

iousa.com

Look at the video and tell me how we can keep going like this. Tell me how taxing the "evil rich" is going to be enough.

We need to get the government out of business. We need to get rid of overburdensome regulations that drive manufacturing away. We need to let the free market decide which businesses succeed or fail. We need a tax system that is fair to everyone and is contributed by everyone. Being born in America entitles you to live in the greatest country the world has ever seen but why then are only some required to pay the dues.

Another way to think about it is, what more do you get for paying extra? Does your vote count twice, three times, 50 times? Can you get away with committing crimes? Can you have people who don't pay any taxes come cut your grass? Or do you just get blamed everytime something goes to crap!!

Why the double standard? I'll answer that for you, because you and I are on opposite ends right now. I was where you were 30 years ago but I never blamed the rich and still don't, in fact I still aspire to be rich. Your mind will change as you see your efforts penalized while the do nothings are praised for their suffering.

The old saying goes:

When you are young and have a heart you are a liberal but when you get older and have a brain you become conservative.

The problem with that saying is that you never lose your heart but see that blindly giving doesn't really help anyone as can be seen by our governments war on poverty. Close to 5 trillion dollars have been spent since the New Deal to help the less fortunate but somehow the percentage of the less fortunate remains the same. If more money is the answer Ask why?

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: