Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 04:49:13 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Secrets of ocean birth laid bare 
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/5191384.stm#graphic

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

WOW, JUST WOW...........

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 31   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WOW, JUST WOW...........  (Read 29520 times)
Byron
Superhero Member

« Reply #300 on: June 13, 2009, 01:21:38 am »

BTW, Byron, my apologies for insulting your intelligence with the "GED" comment. I didn't take kindly to being called a "fearmonger full of crap".  Let's agree to speak to the issue without verbally assaulting the person.  Wink

Fine by me, I don't have any hard feelings. And I would also like to apologize to you for calling you an old geezer.  Smiley

My comparison of Obama's proposed "civillian defense force" (to enforce "national security objectives" -whatever those are- and to be of equal strength and power to the existing military) to the formation of Nazi SS is a valid, historical comparison. 

First off, there isn't a "civilian defense force," it isn't even in the budget.  I am aware that there is a lot of propaganda about it on the internet, but do some homework and you will see he is not talking about a civilian army but a pool of volunteers with special skill set's, (Dr.s lawyers, engineers, etc.) who can be called upon at need to pitch in and do things the military is to stretched or unqualified to do.

With many of the National Guards sent overseas in Iraq, it is only logical to have some more reserves.  It is not a draft, there are no uiniforms, he is simply talking about public service, again, like Kennedy did with the Peace Corps. Again, if you had no issues with Kennedy's plan, you shouldn't have any problem with Obama's.

What you are referring to is one speech, taken out of context, and blown up by the right wing media.  He uses the word, "army" rhetorically, not literally. Look up his actual proposal, as oppposed to read the media propaganda:

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c111:H.R.1388:
Report Spam   Logged

Win One for the Lion

Healthcare is a Right, Not a Privilige
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 31   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: