Atlantis Online
April 18, 2024, 06:16:04 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Scientists to drill beneath oceans
http://atlantisonline.smfforfree2.com/index.php/topic,8063.0.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

WOW, JUST WOW...........

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 31   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WOW, JUST WOW...........  (Read 30558 times)
iwannano

« Reply #285 on: June 12, 2009, 04:05:03 pm »

Bianca,

I was generalizing about the people from these particular threads and in a round about way demonstrating class envy. I do believe that the younger generation wants exactly what the older generation has but I also believe the "how" the older generation achieved what they did gets lost or is purposely distorted. America has always been the place to come to reach a standard of living not available to everyone elsewhere. But now achieving that simple goal of a better life is characterized as greed, selfishness.

I particularly was thinking of Byron who sounds young, very bright and not afraid to stand up for what he believes in. I would hope he wants to keep improving his lot in life in all aspects of it, i.e. worldly and spiritualy.He doesn't sound like someone who needs his governments help or directives to lead his life so I become concerned when he backs a president who, I believe, wants to continue what has gone on for years and make him, Byron, more dependent on his government for everything.

I believe the older gereration here has seen the gradual eroding of America and has been around long enough to remember when people took care of themselves. We are desperate to get back to the old days not so much for us, because we are short timers, but for our younger families.

Instead of buying into and playing the class envy game we should be trying to educate/convince. Instead of automatically dismissing some of the arguements from our generation the young guns ought to sit back and listen before calling us geezers. The young need the old and the old need the young. Our anger should be directed at the common enemy.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 31   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: