Atlantis Online
April 19, 2024, 06:19:12 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Has the Location of the Center City of Atlantis Been Identified?
http://www.mysterious-america.net/hasatlantisbeenf.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

WOW, JUST WOW...........

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 31   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WOW, JUST WOW...........  (Read 30664 times)
iwannano

« Reply #285 on: June 12, 2009, 02:44:50 pm »

We have the younger generation pissed at the older generation and vice versa and I'd like to ask that anger be directed at those who are actually responsible.

Our government is too freaking big and gets bigger every second. It is not sustainable. The federal goverment was not supposed to be and can not continue to be the answer to everyone's problems. Enough is enough.

Republican, democrat or independent are all about themselves and their own power at our expense. I'm tired of it.

I've worked my ass off for 30 years to get to a comfortable point in my life and now I'm supposed to feel guilty because I can afford a nicer house, a nicer car or purchase a better private health care plan than someone just out of school. That's the dirty little secret no one talks about, the evil rich are supposed to be the guys who make all their money exploiting the less fortunate but more than likely the evil rich are people like most of you here who work, save, buy a house and sell it years later for more than you paid for it. Yes, that one year profit puts you in the evil rich category. That is the other secret of the evil rich group is that it is constantly in flux, one year your on the list and the next year you are not.

I am saying all that because although it may sound nice to want everyone to have health care we can't afford it and laying the burden on someone else, on top of being unfair, isn't sustainable. Not only do we never say thank you to those evil rich who pay most of the taxes but we demonize them for being rich because it makes us feel better when we hit them up for more of THEIR money.

I don't want my government telling me what kind of car to drive, how green my house should be or how much money I should make and we have a president now who believes that is the role of government and that scares me.

Obama didn't start the process and can't be blamed for all that is happening but he may be the one to tip us over the edge of apathy and into action.  
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 31   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: