Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 03:15:10 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Were seafarers living here 16,000 years ago?
http://www.canada.com/victoriatimescolonist/news/story.html?id=34805893-6a53-46f5-a864-a96d53991051&k=39922

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

ARCHAEOLOGICAL COVER-UPS - A Plot to Control History?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ARCHAEOLOGICAL COVER-UPS - A Plot to Control History?  (Read 8542 times)
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2007, 09:47:45 am »

I have this book - very "interesting"........

BOOK DESCRIPTION

Focusing its startling argument on lost papyrus documents found in the tomb, Tutankhamun questions the historical wisdom and biblical evidence of the Exodus, investigating the issues of land ownership and occupation which are still so typical in the Middle East today. In 1924, Howard Carter - the discoverer of the tomb - threatened to reveal the contents of the papyri discovered therein, but was dissuaded. An earlier attempt to use the documents for personal gain may have involved the Earl of Carnarvon - Carter's aristocratic patron - who died under mysterious circumstances in 1923. This account reveals the events surrounding his death, as well as the fate of the missing papyri, the origins of Zionist aspirations in Palestine and the origin of the infamous curse of Tutankhamun. The papyri are thought to contain a version of the Exodus story completely at odds with that of the Bible. They allege that those seen as Israelites under the command of Moses were in fact made up of a band of expelled priests: followers of the herectic king Akhenaten's fallen monotheistic religion and a large group of mixed Asiatic peoples. This is the most comprehensive overview and investigation into this alluring archaeological mystery.

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

Andrew Collins was born in 1957. He is an historical writer and the author of a number of books that challenge the way we perceive the past, including From the Ashes of Angels, Gods of Eden and Gateway to Atlantis. Andrew also lectures worldwide and is the organiser of the Questing Conference, Britain's largest annual conference on the subject of alternative history.

Chris Ogilvie-Herald is former editor of Quest For Knowledge magazine and co-organised 'The Giza Debate' in March 1998. His first book Giza: The Truth (co-authored with Ian Lawton) was published by Virgin in 1999 and received wide acclaim for its in-depth investigation of the people, politics and history behind the world's most famous archaeological site. --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2007, 10:03:31 am by Bianca2001 » Report Spam   Logged

Your mind understands what you have been taught; your heart what is true.
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2007, 09:58:37 am »

BOOK DESCRIPTION

Over the centuries, researchers have found bones and artifacts proving that humans like us have existed for millions of years. Mainstream science, however, has supppressed these facts. Prejudices based on current scientific theory act as a knowledge filter, giving us a picture of prehistory that is largely incorrect.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2007, 10:01:46 am by Bianca2001 » Report Spam   Logged

Jake

« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2007, 10:41:03 pm »

A quick note on Darwinism.

Darwin himself considered homo sapien sapiens (us) to be an anomaly. He said that we did not fit into the theory of evolution.

As for modern science, the motto, across the board: Publish or Perish
It is not necessarily the scientists fault. The publishing companies, both for books and magazines/journals are the final filter of information. Even if a scientist did want to follow the facts, if it doesn't make it to print, he/she will lose funding/tenure. It is actually a wonderfully oppressive form of control and censorship. Smiley

Jake

Report Spam   Logged
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2007, 11:48:44 pm »

http://atlantisonline.smfforfree2.com/index.php/topic,2524.msg24437.html#new

Here's another TRUTH that THEY are trying their best to belittle and suppress........
Report Spam   Logged

mdsungate

Hermes, Gateway of the Sun

« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2007, 04:06:29 pm »

Smiley  Great thread B, but I’m afraid you’re preaching to the choir.  I know I myself have gotten all fired up about this kind of thing time and time again.  The scientific community is definitely “closed minded” about anything that rocks the boat in what is “accepted theory”, and anyone with “credentials” dares not stand up to the scientific status quo for fear of loosing their own credibility, (for after all it all comes down to they’d loose their jobs and paychecks.)  This is no different than a air traffic controller public stating that he saw a UFO on the radar blimp, (they’re not going to risk their jobs, and simply look the other way… this is common knowledge for most of the public by now.  So why should it be any different in the sciences. 
   I for one became extremely disillusioned by the “great god of science”.  I know I wrote something just like this in the Atlantis Rising forums and got badly attacked for it.  But I know I’m among friends here when I state that there is definitely “someone” or “something” that outright censors what we are told by “science” is true and is “nonsense”.
   In my teens I had intentions of becoming a chemist.  My chemistry boards were a respectable 756 out of a possible 800, so I definitely had the aptitude for it.  But science in general was just too “closed minded” for me.  And while I understand the notion that “science” cannot progress with unfounded assumptions, and that progress must proceed what is “known” fact, I just can’t abide the ability of these people to blatantly sweep hard evidence right “under the rug” and ignore it. 
   There’s a great article on this subject called “Secret Societies: Who Controls Knowledge?” By Dennis Crenshaw at this site:

http://www.thehollowearthinsider.com/news/wmview.php?ArtID=18

Here’s a few quotes from it:

“ …Any group that wanted to control the future of American society had first to control education i.e., the population of the future … it all began at Yale…” … Anthony B. Sutton

The control over our lives is hard for the average man on the street to fathom. Every facet of our existence … our government, financial institutions, big business, the news we receive through the media … is today controlled by the top members of secret societies and their pals. This could not have been accomplished without the most important control of all … control of our education system.

he ink was hardly dry on the Constitution before the planned takeover of America’s higher education was implemented. By the mid-1960’s the invisible government had total control of all education in our company. To fully understand why it’s almost impossible to open the minds of those around you as to the true makeup of our planet we must first understand how the secret societies manipulated and stifled scientific study worldwide.

The author traces names and dates of people placed in institutions of higher learning, and while the article appearing in anything entitled “The Hollow Earth Insider” severely detracts from it’s credibility, I bear in mind that knowledge and belief in this very old and long held theory may well be part of the knowledge that is being suppressed. 
   I think our frustration with what goes on in the academic world is by in large why many of us choose to participate in these forums.  I have always possessed an innate talent for sensing the truth in things.  When I was a child in school I was taught about the “ice age” and being curious I had to ask “why” did it get so cold.  My teacher threw all the theories that abounded at the time, and none of them made sense to me, even as a ten year old.  And frankly today’s theories make no more sense to me.  Frankly impacts with comets or asteroids, or volcanic explosions resulting in dust clouds that filter out sunlight, simply do not explain the wholly mammoths that were flash frozen with buttercups sill in their mouths, and still eatable by members of the World Explorer Club over a century ago.  It didn’t just get cold, it got cold in the twinkling of an eye, and those theories simply do not account for the evidence.  And it goes on and on. 
   But as for getting up on a soap box and trying to change the world and how it thinks and believes, well, even I do not wish to be ridiculed, and I got that even at Atlantis Risings Forums.  So for heavens sake, if those people have been brain washed, then what is the hope of enlightening the thinking of everyone else on the planet?  I’m to the point where either you see it, or you don’t.  And sadly the overwhelming majority simply don’t see the obvious truth, that you are stating here in this thread, “B”
And by the by, Michael Cremo:  one of the best columns in “Atlantis Rising” in my opinion.  Anthony West:  while I don’t agree with everything he thinks, a pioneer nonetheless.  Childress:  the next best thing to the late Charles Berlitz, and a purveyor of nearly every myth and tale ever preserved, (If only either of them could write a decent bibliography to run down their sources!). 
Report Spam   Logged

Hermes Trismegistus:  “As above, so below.”
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2007, 06:38:51 pm »

Sure, I know I am "preaching to the choir" here, Sungate, but it is not the Middle Ages and we
can all read and write.  This bears repeating, even among us. Matter of fact, there are at least
two other 'questioning' threads ongoing, here at AO, about the same theme. 

We may think we got "dumbed down", but even during the WWII years people were not as well
educated and a lot of people throughout the Western World could still not read and write,
especially women.  People by now are used to questioning things and they do, constantly....
What we are discussing are just a FEW of the subjects people want answers to.

Trust me, "the powers that be" are hanging on by their fingernails and when the damn bursts I
may not be around anymore.  But, mark my words: it is inevitable.   The "Scare Tactics" are
getting thin and old hat, including the threat of "Everlasting Fire & Brimstone" and all that crap.

No matter what 'stunt' will be pulled in the near future - I won't go intoany detail, use your   imagination - it may work for just a little while, and just for a few "kool-aid drinkers".                     There are too many of us out here!

As for the AR crowd, well a lot of us only lasted a very few months, others only a mere week or
two.  It's a shame, because I hear it was a very good place to be at one time.

Love and Peace,
b
Report Spam   Logged

mdsungate

« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2007, 01:38:23 pm »

Wink  Okay “B” it’s you and me against the “powers that be”!  Now how do we get a few more believers over here to this thread?  I posted something pertaining to suppressed knowledge in the ley lines thread, and mentioned that you had a new thread here.  But the news there is about HereForNow’s planned trip to the faces, (like the one on Mars), in Alberta, Cannada. 

Right now, I’ve found myself in a desk job at GE in Schenectady, NY, (the original plant that manufactured all the big electric generators.) after many years of teaching.  It’s made me realize several things about the “power grid” that was created by the mega wealthy around the turn of the last century.  So here’s what I posted there:

[quoteI've begun to notice something that may pertain.  The ancient believed not just in standing stones, stone circles, and pyramids, but also in Sacred Poles, to divert the flow of the natural "earth energy". 

Bouncing around from this thread to "suppressed knowledge" threads has gotten me to thinking "could the use of sacred poles" still be going on today?"  We have poles everywhere!  And they follow straight lines, pretty much everywhere.  Telephone and electricity poles are everywhere, and they all lead to central points. 

If someone hasn't "controlled" the **** of all these poles in with some kind of hidden agenda, then:  What have all these poles done to the natural power grid of Mother Earth?  All these poles have had to have some kind of effect.  After thinking about it, I sort of hope some one IS controlling where they've been put up, or else:  What have we done by accident to the planet?

][/quote]

Nicola Tesla had an alternate plan to broadcast electricity.  He built a 128 ft. tower in Colorado Spring, Colorado and 10 miles away, you flipped a switch and the lights went on in the house.  He proved it worked, and then J.P. Morgan pulled the plug on the project saying "how do I put a meter on this?"  Students at MIT recently recreated the same thing, only for home use to wirelessly power lap tops and small current devices.  Is it possible that it the "rich and powerful" elected to use a different technology that would allow them to construct poles and towers everywhere for a purpose other than to bring electricity to peoples homes?

The more I look around and dig deeper, the more I begin to believe that an awful lot of things are being manipulated by people or forces unknown to us.   Cool

Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2007, 02:51:08 pm »

Md. Sungate:

You're hanging around the wrong threads,  This one is from PLATO'S ATLANTIS - "Elephants in the Americas"

http://atlantisonline.smfforfree2.com/index.php/topic,2541.msg24962.html#new

It is another one of those 'hidden truths' story that I mean to transfer here.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are right, we have been and are manipulated.  It has been and is like that today.  Surely, it has become
more than apparent in the last six years.  There is really no conspiracy, there are only two motivations:

P O W E R   AND   G R E E D

There really is no sense in blaming 'secret societies' and dead men.  We have to attack this in the here and
now.  The trick is to NOT aim at doing it altogether, rather attack ONE subject.  Here, we are foaming at the
mouth about ARCHAEOLOGY.  I don't know if you'll find support of the 'ley lines/poles theory', but I think you
will find kindred spirits in the SCIENCE Sections about your electricity matters. (BTW, Edison was NO angel....)

So, you see, there you've already got TWO 'beefs' that we can discuss.  Then, it will become a ripple effect
and each of us will talk about our pet peeve with others outside this circle.  That's a better way of waking
people up than trying to get it in the MSM, which are too busy 'brown-nosing'........

A lot of people have suddenly stopped posting regularly.  It is almost time for the kids to go back to school
and vacations will be over.  I am sure you will find other posters with your interests once we return to normal.
This endeavour is something that will take time, that's why I said in the other thread that when TRUTH comes
out, I'll probably be gone........

And, please, Mike don't get discouraged.  The Ley Lines are a little too abstract for some of us to understand
or perceive.  I don't think that anybody messed with the ley lines last centurey, with all  the electric
poles, telephone poles etc.  They were too materialistic to think THAT way. IF any harm was done, I am sure
it was not intentional, unless there was money to be made.  Instead America and the West progressed by
leaps and bounds as never before, in the last part of the 20th Century.  So, if there was any harm done, it
really didn't seem to have and effect on the masses.

I have no idea how old you are, but I have seen so many miracles since the Fifties.  My children and their
playmates did not die of polio, whooping cough and a myriad other illnesses, especially the first one that
killed or maimed untold millions. 

My little brother was born in 1956, a few weeks after I turned nineteen.  One could consider him my 'first'
child.  Well, my own daughter was born eight years later.   Then I had a grandaughter, then two great
grandaughters. (6 & 4).  Well, each and every generation is a lot smarter than the last and I attribute it to
lack of these childhood diseases, most of all.  When a child is sick and confined to bed with one sickness
after another, the mind - no matter how sharp - has a very hard time developing properly.  The Romans
said: MENS SANA IN CORPORE SANO. - A healthy mind in a Healthy Body.

I know, I was THERE. - No antibiotics were available in wartime.  Pennicillin had just been discovered and I
was one of the lucky ones.  In spite of never getting polio, from the time I was 10 months old I was given
up on many times by the attending pediatrician.  Imagine how my young mother must have felt - she had
already lost her first baby because of gastric problems.  They were diseases we laugh at today!

So, no matter what they may have 'messed up' with their poles, humanity keeps going on by leaps and
bounds and there's more to come, once we get over our present problems.

They can't stop P R O G R E S S.........

Love and Peace,
b

PS.  Must go and check out on HFN's 'trip' to Canada.  This ought to be a 'hoot'.....
« Last Edit: August 07, 2007, 04:55:19 pm by Bianca2001 » Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2007, 07:37:40 am »

T H E   F I R S T   A M E R I C A N S

The Suppressed Story of the People Who Discovered the New World

The First American by Christopher Hardaker (New Page Books) was released in June and is available in all fine bookshops and through Amazon.com.

The Discoveries

This is the story of a remarkable art piece discovered in 1959 by an equally remarkable man at the Valsequillo Reservoir outside the city of Puebla, about 75 miles south of Mexico City. Juan Armenta Camacho stunned the world with his discovery of a mineralized elephant pelvis with engravings of elephants, big cats, and other extinct animals.

The engravings had been made when the bone was still fresh, still "green." Whoever made these engravings actually saw those animals, and probably even ate and prayed to them. The most amazing critter of them all was smack dab in the middle of the thing. A four-tusked gomphothere, an ancestor of the mastodon, and extinct in the U.S. for over a million years.

But in Central Mexico, these mythical beasts lived among mammoths and mastodons. And humans. This was absolutely amazing. Other engraved pieces were also found. Nobody in the Americas had ever seen anything like this before. They were all mineralized! It was totally new in every meaning of the word, except for their age which could be very old.

Harvard archaeologist Cynthia Irwin-Williams and Juan Armenta Camacho, with direct support from Harvard and the Smithsonian, found another 80-90 mammoth and mastodon bone sites around the perimeter of the reservoir in 1962. Then they excavated three sites on the Tetela Peninsula. All had artifacts next to mineralized bones that were left behind after butchering,

The sites themselves were laid out pretty much how the hunters left them. The features were covered by successive layers of sands and silts deposited by a very slow creek, and were laid out in the same positions as they were originally buried. In the business of paleo-archaeology, it is called primary deposition, and in this respect, Valsequillo was pure gold. 
« Last Edit: August 08, 2007, 07:43:09 am by Bianca2001 » Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2007, 07:44:56 am »

For example, Irwin-Williams found a horse jaw, and a tooth from it was an inch away from the jaw. This meant virtually no bone movement when they were buried. About a half inch away was a stone knife. It was an immaculate feature; so good that they sawed it out in a square block, a portable feature destined for the national museum. It was just priceless. For the people of Mexico it meant national pride. The city of Puebla began celebrating as The Eden of the Americas. It was all there in that feature block.

This feature block was later vandalized and destroyed by the Mexican archaeologist who signed the official dig permits; this was the same official who would later falsely testify that the artifacts were planted. This charge was laughably dispatched by Irwin-Williams's three thousand photographs detailing the excavation and extraction of each piece - also currently missing.

The real problem was that the bones were mineralized. C14 dating was useless. For six years, nobody knew how old these sites were.

It was absolutely frustrating.

Here you are with a trio of neighboring sites that were very probably the earliest ever uncovered in the New World. Everything was perfect, except … you could not date the sites.

At the time, 1968, the oldest site in the Americas clocked in at 12,000 years (aka 10,000 BC). Crossing the Siberian landbridge to Alaska, the Clovis mammoth killers arrived with their ultra-sleek spearheads, maybe the best on the planet at the time.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2007, 07:48:57 am by Bianca2001 » Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2007, 07:50:19 am »

What was not considered a bit strange, however, was that no 12,000 year old Clovis points had ever been found in Canada, Alaska or Siberia. After decades of looking, there was still no trace of the Clovis Trail. Oh well, details. It was Clovis or Bust, and its defenders demanded archaeological perfection for any site that dared challenge their cherished, though untested, theory, nicknamed Clovis First.

Just by looking at the hardened sediments, almost sandstone, Irwin-Williams and Marie Wormington knew right off that they were probably older. But how much older? A thousand years older, like 13,000 years ago. Or maybe even 15,000 years old? This was an extremely tender issue among the orthodox. Many had challenged the preClovis crown, and all were tossed down the academic toilet. Now it was Valsequillo's turn, and it came armed for bear. Valsequillo had art and it had unmistakable spearheads.

Valsequillo's artifact types were definitely those of modern man. Simple retouched points made out of chert flakes were found in the older artifact beds, while higher up in the younger, more recent beds, they found full-fledged spearheads and knives, bifacially flaked. They were modern, alright. But they were also much more primitive than the immaculate Clovis points. Could it be that the Valsequillo hunters were the ancestors of the Clovis mammoth hunters?

The modern period starts with the Old World Upper Paleolithic period, around 30-40,000 years ago. This was the beginning of modern man, Homo sapiens sapiens, "man who thinks he thinks." The blade-to-biface revolution happened over there also. And now for the first time in the New World, this critical phase of technological evolution turns up in the New World, in Central Mexico. This was huge in itself. The theoretical potentials of such discoveries would be shattering.

The artifacts, the art and the sandy-silt matrix immediately challenged the Clovis Firsters. Dr. Wormington even conceded that Valsequillo could be 40,000 years. Everyone agreed however, that it could not be earlier than 40,000 years because only modern man was intelligent enough to manage the trip from Siberia to the New World. It was common knowledge.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2007, 07:54:53 am by Bianca2001 » Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2007, 07:58:33 am »

Without clear dates for the artifacts, talk was cheap and frustrations grew. Then geological science entered the fray. In 1968, a USGS geologist suggested using his new Uranium Series technique to date the bone, and that's when everything fell apart.

The bone dates from the Tetela sites were 250,000 years old! And so opened up one of the craziest archaeological wormholes in history. That's a quarter million years old! Modern man didn't live back then, and all the artifacts from Valsequillo were fancy spearheads and blades - things we Mods didn't know how to make until 30-40,000 years ago. And there was art! And Valsequillo was 250,000 years old? That's Homo erectus Time!! And there's art?

It not only threatened to trash the American paradigm of prehistory, it would also trash the Old World paradigm for the last phases of human evolution. This was serious. There were modern stone tools in Mexico that were 200,000 years older than the earliest modern tools in Europe and Asia and Africa. It was nuts. It was impossible any way you looked at it.

Geologists kept coming up with similar ages for the site no matter what they threw at it. And no matter what the geological sciences turned up, the archaeological community fought back with a stifling wall of absolute silence and noncomment. They would have none of it. Period. The wormhole became an academic black hole, the region became a forbidden zone, and Valsequillo dropped from the lips of credibility.

In the end the archaeologists won through silence. Irwin-Williams never published an official volume; not even site reports. And the curiousity that raged through the professional community was calmly checked at the door of credibility.

What happened to the artifacts? The art? Gone. Lost. Missing. Destroyed? There was lots of stuff. Priceless stuff. Now it is forgotten stuff, largely a non-subject on both sides of the border with professionals from Mexico and the US sharing a common disinterest. This was America's first art, first spearheads, first kill sites, and a lot of other firsts as well. It satisfied all the required perfections demanded by the Clovis First crowd. And it was still flushed down the academic toilet.

The archaeologists would not work with the geologists unless they recanted their "ridiculous" dates. The geologists could not do this. Every time they dated the site with different dating techniques, the site came out as old or older than 200,000 years. And it would take a lot more than catcalls by angry archaeologists to make the geologist betray the scientific laws governing their evidence. Science is not opinion, but that was all the archaeologists could muster. And in the end, the archaeologists won by default, by absolute noncomment; not even a whisper. And that was pretty much that.

Had it not been for a lone hold out geologist from the original project, one of America's greatest archaeology stories would have been lost to the fog of professional amnesia. She was able to recover the archives of Irwin-Williams, who had passed away several years earlier. Letters, notes, some photos and other materials would show that Valsequillo was pure archaeological gold. It may not have been the earliest contender for the preClovis throne, but it was simply the best. And my archaeological elders didn't tell us about it? Or they felt compelled to forget about it? Only deep therapy will tell. One thing is certain. From that point on, for the next thirty years, First American studies were held hostage by the myth of Adam and Eve Clovis.

Today, Valsequillo still remains unresolved. The good news is that pros are back doing work at one of the sites. A couple years ago, another investigator reported finding human footprints in lava a few miles away. It is an ongoing drama, and this is the prequel. 
« Last Edit: August 08, 2007, 08:00:08 am by Bianca2001 » Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2007, 08:02:34 am »

The Players

The list below is from a 1967 NSF grant proposal by Irwin-Williams and the project geologist, Hal Malde, on loan by USGS. Most of these people were prime time players during the 1960s, and included at least two notable Clovis Firsters. It was an early instance of an integrated and multi-disciplined approach to archaeology. The potential worldwide implications for the Valsequillo discoveries could be monumental, and the world was watching. The official model for the rise of modern humans was facing its greatest challenge.

Principle Investigator

J.O. Brew
Peabody Museum, Harvard Zircon Fission-Track Dating

Charles Naeser
USGS Branch of Isotope Geology

Archaeology
Cynthia Irwin-Williams
Peabody Museum, Harvard

H. Marie Wormington
Denver Museum of Natural
 Volcanic Ash Chronology

Virginia Steen-McIntyre
USGS, Field Geochemistry and Petrology
Geology

Harold E. Malde
U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) Palynology (Pollen)

Paul S. Martin
University of Arizona Geochron Lab
Vertebrate Paleontology

Clayton E. Ray
Smithsonian Institution 14-C Dating
Meyer Rubin USGS

C. Vance Haynes, University of Arizona
Soil Stratigraphy

Roald Fryxell
Washington State University Neutron Activation Analysis

Gordon Goles
University of Oregon
U-Series Dating

Barney Szabo
USGS Branch of Isotope Geology Paleomagnetic Dating

Joseph C. Liddicoat, USGS

In 2001, we got to go back for another look with a whole new generation of Mexican archaeologists. It had nothing to do with renewed interest by the US professional community. They had shown they were willing to let the priceless discovery drift forever. Rather, it took the interest of a well-healed outsider, a MIT engineering graduate, to get the show back on the road. As a result, the still-reluctant US community has been forced once again, after a generation of silence, to face Valsequillo, the 900-pound gorilla in America's paleo living room. 
Report Spam   Logged

mdsungate

« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2007, 12:04:59 pm »

Smiley  I like the way you think “B” and I do agree, POWER & GREED, have always been the driving force of mankind.  In fact it’s what kept the Roman great for two millennia.  Christianity messed them up when it changed the soldiers viewpoint of the world, from here and now to the afterlife and paying for what they did here.  The new philosophy undermined the very thing the Romans could always depend on, “man’s innate greed and thirst for power”.  But it only took a few hundred years to get things back to normal, and a thousand years later, even Popes were waging wars. 
    You only have a decade or so on me, as I married late.  Like my dad, I was a musician and had my fun first, and finally settled down at 40 to have a family.  My generation saw the first wave of vaccinations, so I never saw the devastation of polio, or other common illnesses.   But my family history preserves the tragedies of former times. My great-grandfather on my father’s side came here in the first wave of Italian immigration in the 1870’s.  He braved the ocean leaving friends and family behind to the New World for the promise of a better life, and got the hell out of the mess Garibaldi was still making unifying Italy, (and after the Americans had finished cleaning up its own mess.)  A poor immigrant living in cold water flat in Brooklyn, he invented the first machine that could sew leather shoes.  Too poor to afford to patent the device, he took it to a lawyer and was stupid, (too trusting) enough to leave the working model with him.  Of course the history book show the lawyer as the inventor of this machine, and my great-grandfather got screwed out of all his hard work.  Before he could even try to do anything about it, he and my great-grandmother died in the “Great Influenza Epidemic of 1881” in New York City, leaving my grandfather an orphan at less than one year old, to be raised by an aunt, and his older brother to an orphanage.  My mother’s family came much later in the last big wave of Italian immigration after my great-grandfather on that side was shot to death in his store in Sicily.  I don’t know that whole story, but I’m inclined to believe he stood up against the mob’s “insurance policy” payments.  Besides childhood diseases, “social” diseases were also a killer in former times. 
   So I haven’t seen these things first hand, but their memory lives on in personal family history. (I still have no trust of lawyers.  And I’d like to think I’m somewhat less naïve about the workings of the law and society.)  We have come a long way from the times when a Roman soldier would put his first-born child to the sword, if it were not born a boy.  But GREED & POWER are still the Modus operandi. 
   As far as this “ripple effect” in materialism and technology, again I couldn’t agree more.  It’s become exponential and a run away technology.  I have lamented to others that I have had to undergo more social and technological change than any of my forefathers before me!  It has caused untold stress as I’ve tried and tried to adjust to the constant need to cope with the changes around me!  By his eighties my own father had to ask me, “is this a good price or not?”  I myself have had to develop a formula to cope with ever changing price hikes, (let’s not even mention gas prices right now, as that’s a real sore point).  I multiply everything by 10 times what it was when I graduated high school, and it works just fine.  It works fine for everything except my salary of course, which explains why women, (like my own mother) didn’t work in the fifties, and are FORC ED to work today so the family can survive.  We’re raised to think that progress makes things better and better for us.  But it seems to me that I have more electronic toys than the previous generation, and less property of real value. 

QUOTE:   They can't stop P R O G R E S S.........

I’m not sure if this is progress.  My grandfather lived in a house that today is a four family home, with a two family home on each side of what the original property was, and he was not a rich man.  My father lived and raised me in a two bedroom cape cod on a 50 x 100 lot, (less than half the size of the property of his father).  Today that simple home is valued at a half a million, and I can’t afford to even pay the taxes on it.  I am forced to live 4 hours away in upstate New York, far from my relatives, just to own what my father owned.  Yes I have electronic marvels that my ancestors only dreamed about.  But we struggle just to make ends meet because as having been a child raised in the fifties, I refuse to put my children in daycare centers to be raised by a stranger while my wife works all day just to pay for the daycare. 

We’ve come a long way from the life of the Romans, but I don’t know if I’d call some of it “progress” or not.  As a young musician in my twenties, I could take apart my amplifier and fix the broken wires or tubes.  I could also totally take apart a car’s engine and reassemble it.  By my thirties, I took apart one of my keyboards that had broken, as saw nothing but silicon chips, circuit boards and no wires, (I was hopeless lost).  By my forties my car was such a mass of computer chips and crammed together parts, I couldn’t even change the oil, without putting it up on a car lift and removing the wheel to get to it, (again, I was lost).  I read Lt. Col. Corso’s book “the day after Roswell” and walked away from it ANGRY, that alien technology had destroyed my whole life!  I’m not so sure I would call it “progress.”  I would just call it “vastly different” from the world I was raised in.

But through it all, through all the changes, through the entire constant struggle to keep up with those changes, there is definitely one thing I can depend on as unchanged and a constant in my life:

The whole society’s constant search for “GREED AND POWER” 

And so “B” if there is no “secret society” to blame for all these woes, than what can we do about that?  We can’t change that, can we? LOL.  And if we carry this thought into what you are saying about archeology, perhaps this is EXACTLY what has happened here.  No one will stand up to challenge what has become dogma in archeology for fear of loosing their credentials and hence their jobs.  Rather than risk that, they’ll dump an entire boatload of ooparts that don’t fit the accepted theory into the ocean.  After all the Smithsonian is made up of people, (people who want to keep their standing in the whole “greed and power” structure. 

You know this brings to mind what Truman Capote said about Washington D.C.  He said that everyone thinks that there is some secret clandestine group that controls everything in Washington.  He said, if that were so he could sleep better an night, and that the real truth was that there is no one in control, and that it was just a big free for all, with no one knowing what was going on!  I’m afraid he may be right, and heaven help us all!   Wink

Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2007, 12:21:09 pm »

Sungate:

YOU ARE   P R I C E L E S S!!!

I have to leave right now, I will answer you later.  For now, let me give you this:

D E S I D E R A T A

Go placidly amid the noise and haste,
and remember what peace there may be in silence.
As far as possible without surrender
be on good terms with all persons.
Speak your truth quietly and clearly;
and listen to others,
even the dull and the ignorant;
they too have their story.

Avoid loud and aggressive persons,
they are vexations to the spirit.
If you compare yourself with others,
you may become vain and bitter;
for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.
Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.

Keep interested in your own career, however humble;
it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.
Exercise caution in your business affairs;
for the world is full of trickery.
But let this not blind you to what virtue there is;
many persons strive for high ideals;
and everywhere life is full of heroism.

Be yourself.
Especially, do not feign affection.
Neither be cynical about love;
for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment
it is as perennial as the grass.

Take kindly the counsel of the years,
gracefully surrendering the things of youth.
Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune.
But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings.
Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.
Beyond a wholesome discipline,
be gentle with yourself.

You are a child of the universe,
no less than the trees and the stars;
you have a right to be here.
And whether or not it is clear to you,
no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God,
whatever you conceive Him to be,
and whatever your labors and aspirations,
in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams,
it is still a beautiful world.
Be cheerful.
Strive to be happy.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: