Atlantis Online
April 18, 2024, 12:38:46 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: FARMING FROM 6,000 YEARS AGO
http://www.thisislincolnshire.co.uk/displayNode.jsp?nodeId=156622&command=displayContent&sourceNode=156618&contentPK=18789712&folderPk=87030

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

KV-63 ~ Newly Discovered Tomb

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: KV-63 ~ Newly Discovered Tomb  (Read 2482 times)
Josie Linde
Superhero Member

« on: April 21, 2009, 02:38:12 am »

Lecture ~ Tomb 63 in the Valley of the Kings:
Current and Future Work

Dr. Otto Schaden, Director
Amenmesse Project [KV-10 and KV-63]
A Supreme Council of Antiquities Mission

October 20th, 2007 at 5 PM in Breasted Hall
Oriental Institute/University of Chicago

Hosted by ARCE/Chicago Chapter

12 SEPTEMBER 2007
It has been some time since my last update as many administrative issues necessitated my attention this summer.

As of June 30th, our contractual agreement with the University of Memphis (UM) expired hence requiring a search for a new affiliate.

Therefore, it gives me great pleasure to announce that the Amenmesse Project [KV-10 and KV-63] is now affiliated with the prestigious, Supreme Council of Antiquities (SCA) ~ The Egyptian Ministry of Culture.

The SCA, as ‘Guardians of the Monuments’ in Egypt require all missions to report directly to them for their approval and sanction. This amiable relationship has been the case during past seasons with KV-10 and during the clearance of KV-63, so this closer affiliation with the SCA should be beneficial to all concerned.

With the exception of transferring the name of our affiliation, no other changes are expected. I will continue as Director of the mission and Earl Ertman as Associate Director.
Our mission will now be identified as:
Amenmesse Project [KV-10 and KV-63]
A Supreme Council of Antiquities Mission

A few issues still remain unresolved but we are planning to resume our work in the King’s Valley this coming winter.

Mudir Schaden

25 JUNE 2007

My KV-63 Lectures to groups in California and Wisconsin were well received.

In addition to the Wisconsin lecture and reception at the Kenosha Museum I also participated in a twenty minute interview on Kenosha Radio. According to Peter Chiappori, the museum was so swamped with calls following the radio interview that they had to move the location of the lecture to a bigger auditorium!

Our latest news is that the SCA, Cairo will be meeting on our proposal in July. We hope to have more information for you at that time.

Otto Schaden

1 JUNE 2007

Dear All,
Our 2007 Season is still pending as we await some last minute paperwork. In the interim, I have a few lectures scheduled for the month of June:

Saturday, June 2, 2007
Orange County ARCE and LA Egypt Exploration Society

Sunday June 3, 2007
ARCE, Northern California Chapter at 2:30 PM in Room 20, Barrows Hall, UC Berkeley Campus
Valley of the Kings Tomb 63
By Dr. Otto Schaden, Director of the Amenmesse Project, KV-63 & KV-10
~ and ~
Saturday, June 16, 2007 at 2 PM ~ Free Admission
KV-63: The Latest Ancient Egyptian Discovery in the Valley of the Kings
By Dr. Otto Schaden, Director of the Amenmesse Project, KV-63 & KV-10
At the Kenosha Public Museum, 5500 First Avenue, Kenosha, WI

30 APRIL 2007

The 58th ARCE meeting in Toledo on April 20-22nd was quite eventful with yours truly giving a lecture entitled “Valley of the Kings Tomb KV-63”, Earl Ertman lecturing on “Use of the Eye with Descending Canthi” and Dr. Zahi Hawass giving the Keynote Address.

In attendance from our KV-63/KV-10 staff: Archie Chubb, Earl Ertman, Betty Schneider, Elaine Taylor, Bill Wilson, Roxanne Wilson, and myself along with consultant Salima Ikram.

Readers will note that there is now New Donor Information under the ‘Contributions’ Tab. Bill and Nancy Petty have graciously offered to use their 501K resources to administer KV-63 & KV-10 donation funds.

Soon....we will have some very exciting news regarding our 2007 Season and impending events.

Otto Schaden

24 MARCH 2007

The Donation section of our website is being revised due to some organizational restructuring.  As we will need a fair-sized staff and probably several more seasons of work in the field, we do encourage your contributions to cover the excavation and conservation expenses.  We simply ask donors and potential contributors to be patient while we reorganize.

At this time our proposal and security papers are in the hands of the Supreme Council of Antiquities (SCA). As soon as the SCA issues its rulings we will update everyone on our plans, progress and travel itineraries.

We are excited about the upcoming 2007 season and are anxious to return to our work in KV-10 and KV-63.

Many thanks for your patience and support. Please check this site frequently for updated donor information.

In April, many of the KV-63 staff members will be at the ARCE Annual Meeting in Toledo, we hope to see some of you there.

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: