Atlantis Online
April 17, 2024, 09:52:06 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: USA showered by a watery comet ~11,000 years ago, ending the Golden Age of man in America
http://dsc.discovery.com/news/briefs/20050926/mammoth_02.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

The Original Nephilim were 450 Feet Tall

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Original Nephilim were 450 Feet Tall  (Read 57325 times)
Volkaitis
Superhero Member

« Reply #75 on: November 01, 2009, 10:35:16 pm »

I have to agree with mdsungate.  While I have read the Urantia Book in the past and find it interesting that Michael plays such a big role in it, I don't put it on the same level as the Bible.

For one thing, it was channelled fairly recently. For another, it wants to be taken as a new "Gospel."  Hard to do that it you can 't even verify its source.
Report Spam   Logged
Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #76 on: November 02, 2009, 01:20:03 am »

I've never read where the UB wants to be taken as Gospel.  When I was studying it, I inquired of others who were tutors and they always said it was not a religion, nor was it to make a profit.  Any monies acquired by the sale of the book, went into making more books and distributing them to different countries.
Report Spam   Logged

An open-minded view of the past allows for an unprejudiced glimpse into the future.

Logic rules.

"Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong."
mdsungate

Hermes, Gateway of the Sun

« Reply #77 on: November 02, 2009, 08:31:37 pm »

Smiley  It's good to know that they're not trying to profit from it.  But I've tried to research some things along these lines and you get a whole lot of what I would call "pseudo" religion.  For instance I've researched the legends about Sunat Kumara.  It really seems like he is the closest thing to where the stories of Lucifer originate.  First of all his name is practically an anagram for Satan.  Then he lives underground, is immortal, his appearace is perpetually young and beautiful, (as was Lucifer), and among other titles he goes by The Lord of the World.  There are a lot of striking similarities to what has been handed down as traditions about Lucifer.  But when you try to research it, there's just so much religious mumbo jumbo that people have adapted into current "religions" that you can't even find much of the original legends from the Hindu and Buddhist texts. 

So I'm a little put off by writings like the Urantia Book.  I'm not saying they have it wrong, but how am I to really know?
 Cool
Mike
Report Spam   Logged

Hermes Trismegistus:  “As above, so below.”
Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #78 on: November 02, 2009, 09:33:53 pm »

That is the question Sungate - that's why it's all taken with a grain of salt.  But - one COULD try to refute what the UB says to prove it wrong if one was really of a mind to.
Report Spam   Logged

An open-minded view of the past allows for an unprejudiced glimpse into the future.

Logic rules.

"Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong."
mdsungate

Hermes, Gateway of the Sun

« Reply #79 on: November 12, 2009, 06:08:20 pm »

Smiley Whether or not the Urantia Book is an accurate view of a spiritual “reality” is not really what interests me.   I’ll leave it’s validity for religious leaders to determine. 

The legends about Lucifer and the war in heaven have been around for millennia.  I’m more interested in how the legends all got started.  And how they’ve been adapted and incorporated into various religions.  And most of all what are the original sources of this story which has obviously been elaborated on throughout time.
  Wink
Mike
Report Spam   Logged

Hermes Trismegistus:  “As above, so below.”
hurrican24

« Reply #80 on: April 02, 2018, 03:40:45 pm »

Who goes to Heaven? As in Adam, all die, but as in Christ all shall be made alive, it says ALL, if all die in Adam, ALL shall be made alive in Christ, But each in their own order, Christ the First Fruits and those that are HIS at HIS coming. But what about the rest of the dead, ALL.  The rest of the dead that weren't HIS at HIS coming are NOT being judged right now because Judgement on is on the house of God, those that are his now, those that are FILLED WITH THE HOLY SPIRT. The rest of the dead's judgement does not start until the Great White Thrown JUDGEMENT in Revelation chapter 20. But they become alive not with spiritual bodies but alive with bodies that can still die, once we have eternal life, we will never die:)
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: