Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 02:49:36 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Towering Ancient Tsunami Devastated the Mediterranean
http://www.livescience.com/environment/061130_ancient_tsunami.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Monsters, Which is the Scariest?

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monsters, Which is the Scariest?  (Read 575 times)
Deanna Witmer
Superhero Member

« on: March 31, 2009, 09:55:24 pm »

I actually don't have a favorite monster. Theoretically, Godzilla would be the creepiest, if he was an American movie!  I mean what could be creepier than a 100 foot monster walking through the city late at night, stepping on your house, or breathing atomic fire on you?

Failing that, I also think that Cloverfield Monster was also pretty creepy. As well as all those slasher movies - Jason and Michael Myers.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Reginese Dei
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2009, 10:16:28 pm »

I hate slasher movies.  To me, they are just not scary.  You've seen one, you've seen them all.
Report Spam   Logged
Volkaitis
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2009, 11:32:52 pm »

Vampires would be the scariest, and the most fun to be as well.  Think of it, all that power, and, unlike the werewolf, still possessed of one's mind in order to control it.
Report Spam   Logged
Absalom

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2009, 12:30:58 am »

H.R. Gieger's Alien was a great monster. I love those ALien vs. Predator movies, as well as "Alien" and "Aliens."
Report Spam   Logged
Britney Shubert
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2009, 03:25:52 pm »

Which is the scariest?

Maybe Dick Cheney?
Report Spam   Logged
Horus

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2009, 03:38:46 pm »

Werewolves and such can't be considered "real" and thus hold no potential threat or fear. 

The only "monsters" that are scary are the real ones -particularly those that are invisible and extremely powerful like poltergeists and other demonic entities.  My own study of demonology and experiences with ghosts and a poltergeist in 2002 reinforce that, so definitely films about those (like the Exorcist - based on a true story) scare me. 
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 02:30:57 am by Horus » Report Spam   Logged

"For the greater individual is the one who is the servant of all. And to conquer self is greater than taking cities."

Reading 3253-2
Priory of Scion

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2009, 11:42:00 pm »

Werewolves aren't any less real than poltergeists. Not only is the werewolf highly prevalent in Native American legends, the creature is prevalent in many European stories as well, even Finland.

In fact, all the legends of poltergeists are related to eyewitness testimony, there isn't any actual physical evidence of them - even the Bell Witch, the most famous poltergeist of them all.
Report Spam   Logged
Horus

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2009, 12:33:49 am »

I don't know anyone that's ever seen a werewolf -let alone had problems with them, but violent spirits are commonplace and while there are no photographs of these invisible entities (gee I wonder why there isn't) I've certainly FELT them and seen the cuts and bruises!   
Report Spam   Logged

"For the greater individual is the one who is the servant of all. And to conquer self is greater than taking cities."

Reading 3253-2
the Coming Darkness
Superhero Member

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2009, 12:49:07 am »

Obviously, there has to be some basis for the werewolf legend, so people most have believed they had seen them. I don't know that poltergeist attacks are all that common.  And how many of those poltergeist attacks (and ghost sightings) are the product of over-worked imaginations?

Report Spam   Logged
Horus

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2009, 01:21:15 am »

Obviously, there has to be some basis for the werewolf legend, so people most have believed they had seen them. 

And undead vampires, and cyclops, and gorgons, and hydras, the creature from the black lagoon etc. etc. -a host of mythical creatures throughout time.

I don't know that poltergeist attacks are all that common.  And how many of those poltergeist attacks (and ghost sightings) are the product of over-worked imaginations?

Obviously you've never encountered one and don't know anyone who has nor made a study of it. "Commonplace" - comparatively speaking.  Destructive spirits are more common than alleged "werewolves" I can assure you!  Lots of documentary series have run on the subject over the years "Sightings", "Hauntings", etc. I've personally had half a dozen encounters with ghosts, and during my blood-curdling encounter with the poltergeist, I sought advice from a degreed parapsychologist who travels around with a team and equipment to  record such activity.  There's just alot more more of it than people realize -or I should say rather - than people want to realize.
Report Spam   Logged

Reading 3253-2
Volkaitis
Superhero Member

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2009, 10:42:10 pm »

Quote from: the Coming Darkness on Today at 12:49:07 am
Obviously, there has to be some basis for the werewolf legend, so people most have believed they had seen them.

And undead vampires, and cyclops, and gorgons, and hydras, the creature from the black lagoon etc. etc. -a host of mythical creatures throughout time.

Werewolf sightings are actually quite common through history, you simply can't place them in the same category as cyclops, gorgons and hydras. 

Even today, werewolf sightings are quite common, google "the Beast of Bray Rd." and you'd see what I mean.
Report Spam   Logged
Ultraviolet

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2009, 11:57:02 pm »

I've personally had half a dozen encounters with ghosts, and during my blood-curdling encounter with the poltergeist, I sought advice from a degreed parapsychologist who travels around with a team and equipment to  record such activity.

Care to tell us anything more about those experiences you've had with poltergeists, Horus?
Report Spam   Logged
Horus

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2009, 12:28:58 am »

Werewolf sightings are actually quite common through history, you simply can't place them in the same category as cyclops, gorgons and hydras.

Yes I can!

If you want to state that legends about shapeshifters are common through history I would agree.

Even today, werewolf sightings are quite common, google "the Beast of Bray Rd." and you'd see what I mean.

Thanks but I'm already familiar with that, and those sightings are inconsistent with some of them including bipedal "bigfoot" and others "bear-like".  According to my research, alleged "werewolf" sightings are not common, and not credible.  However, fans of werewolf movies and roleplaying games do exist and post in Atlantis-related message boards claiming that werewolves are everywhere!

Report Spam   Logged

Reading 3253-2
Horus

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2009, 12:34:57 am »

I've personally had half a dozen encounters with ghosts, and during my blood-curdling encounter with the poltergeist, I sought advice from a degreed parapsychologist who travels around with a team and equipment to  record such activity.

Care to tell us anything more about those experiences you've had with poltergeists, Horus?

Welcome to the board, Ultraviolet.

I've only encountered one enitity that can be classified as a poltergeist -the others were just dead people. I don't know how far I want to get into that right now. I'm not ready to write out my saga.    If you have a sincere interest, and a specific question, then maybe I can answer that.
Report Spam   Logged

Reading 3253-2
Crown of Thorns

« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2009, 01:45:37 am »

Yes I can!

If you want to state that legends about shapeshifters are common through history I would agree.

Thanks but I'm already familiar with that, and those sightings are inconsistent with some of them including bipedal "bigfoot" and others "bear-like".  According to my research, alleged "werewolf" sightings are not common, and not credible.  However, fans of werewolf movies and roleplaying games do exist and post in Atlantis-related message boards claiming that werewolves are everywhere!

I don't think that anyone here has stated that werewolves are everywhere, simply that they are at least as credible as poltergeists are, most of which tend to be products of an over-wrought person's imagination. After all, we have only your word that you have even encountered a poltergeist.  For all you know, someone here could have also had an experience with a werewolf. Neither your testimony, nor theirs would be considered "proof" to the scientific community. 

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: