Atlantis Online
July 23, 2019, 03:21:50 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ice Age blast 'ravaged America'
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/6676461.stm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Atlantida

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Atlantida  (Read 1058 times)
Crystal Thielkien
Superhero Member

« Reply #285 on: April 05, 2009, 10:17:14 pm »

"Perhaps I am doing wrong," the Targa went on, "in not killing the little one. . . . But she loves you. She will not talk. Now go. Day is coming."

I tried to press the hand of this strange rescuer, but he again drew back.

"Do not thank me. What I am doing, I do to acquire merit in the eyes of God. You may be sure that I shall never do it again neither for you nor for anyone else."

And, as I made a gesture to reassure him on that point, "Do not protest," he said in a tone the mockery of which still sounds in my ears. "Do not protest. What I am doing is of value to me, but not to you."

I looked at him uncomprehendingly.

"Not to you, Sidi Lieutenant, not to you," his grave voice continued. "For you will come back; and when that day comes, do not count on the help of Cegheir-ben-Cheikh."

"I will come back?" I asked, shuddering. "You will come back," the Targa replied.

He was standing erect, a black statue against the wall of gray rock.

"You will come back," he repeated with emphasis. "You are fleeing now, but you are mistaken if you think that you will look at the world with the same eyes as before. Henceforth, one idea will follow you everywhere you go; and in one year, five, perhaps

p. 279

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: