Atlantis Online
April 18, 2024, 12:02:13 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ice Age blast 'ravaged America'
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/6676461.stm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Atlantida

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Atlantida  (Read 6655 times)
Crystal Thielkien
Superhero Member

« Reply #270 on: April 05, 2009, 10:06:56 pm »

his murderer, the affair would not have interested me," she finished with a scornful little smile.

Four steps, I said, separated me from Antinea. I sprang forward. But, before I reached her, I was struck to the floor.

King Hiram had leapt at my throat.

At the same moment I heard the calm, haughty voice of Antinea:

"Call the men," she commanded.

A second later I was released from the leopard's clutch. The six white Tuareg had surrounded me and were trying to bind me.

I am fairly strong and quick. I was on my feet in a second. One of my enemies lay on the floor, ten feet away, felled by a well-placed blow on the jaw. Another was gasping under my knee. That was the last time I saw Antinea. She stood erect, both hands resting on her ebony scepter, watching the struggle with a smile of contemptuous interest.

Suddenly I gave a loud cry and loosed the hold I had on my victim. A cracking in my left arm: one of the Tuareg had seized it and twisted until my shoulder was dislocated.

When I completely lost consciousness, I was being carried down the corridor by two white phantoms, so bound that I could not move a muscle.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Footnotes
256:1 Gabrielle d’Annunzio: Les Vierges aux Rochers. Cf. The Revue des Deux Mondes of October 15, 1896; page 867.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.sacred-texts.com/atl/ant/ida19.htm
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: