Atlantis Online
March 18, 2024, 11:22:23 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Secrets of ocean birth laid bare 
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/5191384.stm#graphic

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Atlantida

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Atlantida  (Read 5680 times)
Crystal Thielkien
Superhero Member

« Reply #255 on: April 05, 2009, 10:02:44 pm »

From on high, a great sadness and gentleness poured down into the lonely enclosure, like a magic drink into a deep cup. . . ." 1

I turned the pages feverishly. My mind seemed to be clearing.

Behind me, M. Le Mesge, deep in an article, voiced his opinions in indignant growls.

I continued reading:

"On all sides a magnificent view spread out before us in the raw light. The chain of rocks, clearly visible in their barren desolation which stretched to the very summit, lay stretched out like some great heap of gigantic, unformed things left by some primordial race of Titans to stupefy human beings. Overturned towers . . ."

"It is shameful, downright shameful," the Professor was repeating.

"Overturned towers, crumbling citadels, cupolas fallen in, broken pillars, mutilated colossi, prows of vessels, thighs of monsters, bones of titans,—this mass, impassable with its ridges and gullies, seemed the embodiment of everything huge and tragic. So clear were the distances . . ."

"Downright shameful," M. Le Mesge kept on saying in exasperation, thumping his fist on the table.

"So clear were the distances that I could see, as if I had it under my eyes, infinitely enlarged, every

p. 257

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: