Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 06:05:38 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: DID A COMET CAUSE A FIRESTORM THAT DEVESTATED NORTH AMERICA 12,900 YEARS AGO?
http://atlantisonline.smfforfree2.com/index.php/topic,1963.0.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Atlantida

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Atlantida  (Read 5813 times)
Crystal Thielkien
Superhero Member

« Reply #210 on: April 05, 2009, 09:51:28 pm »

else. We had become used to him. In Antinea's room, on a little Kairoun table, painted in blue and gold, there is a gong with a long silver hammer with an ebony handle, very heavy. Aguida told me about it. When Antinea gave little Kaine his dismissal, smiling as she always does, he stopped in front of her, mute, very pale. She struck the gong for someone to take him away. A Targa slave came. But little Kaine had leapt for the hammer, and the Targa lay on the ground with his skull smashed. Antinea smiled all the time. They led little Kaine to his room. The same night, eluding guards, he jumped out of his window at a height of two hundred feet. The workmen in the embalming room told me that they had the greatest difficulty with his body. But they succeeded very well. You have only to go see for yourself. He occupies niche number 26 in the red marble hall."

The old woman drowned her emotion in her glass.

"Two days before," she continued, "I had done his nails, here, for this was his room. On the wall, near the window, he had written something in the stone with his knife. See, it is still here."

"Was it not Fate, that on this July midnight . . ."

At any other moment, that verse, traced in the stone of the window through which the English officer had hurled himself, would have killed me with overpowering emotion. But just then, another thought was in my heart.

p. 220

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: