Atlantis Online
April 19, 2024, 03:53:05 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Towering Ancient Tsunami Devastated the Mediterranean
http://www.livescience.com/environment/061130_ancient_tsunami.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Atlantida

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Atlantida  (Read 6712 times)
Crystal Thielkien
Superhero Member

« Reply #210 on: April 05, 2009, 09:50:24 pm »

Suppression of alpha, of tau and of lambda! I would like to direct your attention to another case as curious: κλημῆντινεα, Clémentine. Apocope of kappa, of lambda, of epsilon and of mu. If Morhange were with us, he would tell you many charming erudite things about it. But, alas! Morhange does not deign to come among us any more. We never see Morhange."

My fever for information found a little more favorable reception from Rosita, the old negress manicure. Never have I had my nails polished so often as during those days of waiting! Now—after six years—she must be dead. I shall not wrong her memory by recording that she was very partial to the bottle. The poor old soul was defenseless against those that I brought her and that I emptied with her, through politeness.

Unlike the other slaves, who are brought from the South toward Turkey by the merchants of Rhât, she was born in Constantinople and had been brought into Africa by her master when he became kaïmakam of Rhadamès. . . . But don't let me complicate this already wandering history by the incantations of this manicure.

"Antinea," she said to me, "is the daughter of El-Hadj-Ahmed-ben-Guemâma, Sultan of Ahaggar, and Sheik of the great and noble tribe of Kel-Rhela. She was born in the year twelve hundred and eighty-one of the Hegira. She has never wished to marry

p. 216

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: