Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 02:52:30 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Giant crater may lie under Antarctic ice
http://space.newscientist.com/article/dn9268

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Reimaging God

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Reimaging God  (Read 1283 times)
Dawn Moline
Administrator
Superhero Member

« on: January 21, 2007, 03:06:43 am »

In the beginning, God created heaven and earth, but who, or what, in turn created God? The answers to this question in the past have always been:

• God defies all mortal comprehension.
• There is no beginning or ending to God, God has always existed.
• Human beings invest human concepts in God & God defies our logic.
• God exists outside of all concepts of time & space, life & death.
• Who are mortals to even try to conceive Him/Her?
• To contemplate God’s nature at all is utter blasphemy.
• In every human being resides a part of God & together it is we that form God.
• God is some form of universal karma.

Wit all due respect, I believe we can do better than these answers, most of which we have all heard before and have, at times, been found not only inadequate, but unsatisfying. It may even well be that some, or all of them are true, but aren’t they due more investigation? Or are we simply too afraid to look more deeply at the answers?

Two possibilities here exist as I see them:

 Human Beings were formed from God, made in His/Her own image.
 Human Beings collectively created the idea of God because they did not want to face eternity alone.

Perhaps like so many other things, the truth lies someplace in between.

This is meant as a wholly interactive topic and, once again, I encourage everyone to participate.

Cheers,

Dawn
Report Spam   Logged

"The unexamined life is one not worth leading."
-Plato

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

BlueHue
Superhero Member

il mio va Piano, sono Asino ?

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2007, 09:58:24 am »

Embarrassed ABOUT:"GOD"( in who's immage(= not likeness !!) we are made   Grin

The First God mentioned in the Bible was the ELEPHANT, meaning 'GOD-of-PUNT'. The"jeallous-God"came later as: 'Re'
-Ammon, unrecognizebly transcribed in greek as:"Jehovah". and represented by an egyptian King , by the wellknown name( abberviated in the Bible as: Ka-) Moses.)

a God-almighty,('The Lord'= EL')as Elephants are plural they were also known as the 'Ancient Patriachs , or 'Praja-Pati's' otherwise as the Nephillim at Raphiddim or Cherubim or Zamzuzzites

In Atlantis they were called the most voracious animals, but where does it say that THESE were Elephants? what is 'Elephant' in Greek ?? ( In Persian it is:'Phulbe' from which the name Philestines ( actually:  Phylestina.) is derived.

ADDENDA:
in Genesis 3:4 another 'God' ordered the Elephant to become a Snake eating dust & moving on the soil without it's( 4 ) prior legs.

Has nobody figured what sort of animalo the Paradise Snale(= Satan.) was before it or he lost it's 4 legs because of superstition?  Some Legend tells that the Snake was not a Snake at all but a cunning Fox, thus rendering the Genesis 3:4 part, obsolete.

As the Elephant in Atlantis prior to the Global Earth-Quake of 855 bc(= real time.)
was revered as a God, it also carried a Human face, with wings, so the Cherub/Cherubim was actually a representation of the( white-)_Elephant,

which before it's Taboo-decree was not seen as a 'God'as such in Greece but merely as the Steeds of Poseidon or rather those 'Horses-of-Poseidon' that caused Earth-Quakes to happen.  These were depicted as Flying-Horses with a fishtail.

From this 'Capricorn or Hippocampus to the ( indian-)'flying-Horses'is but a short step: a Metaphe conserning the Taboo=downfall of Elephant veneration is the Proverb that was uttered by the Hindu-God: God Shiva: after 855 bc:

When the God Shiva was annoyed by 'Flying-Elephants'he cut their wings ( they fell to earth, )and they became the Himalayan mountains.

another taboo, turned to the opposite is that the son of Shiva did have a Human head but was mistakenly slain by Shiva when guarding the communal- bathroom,
than God Shiva took the Head of a passing Elephant( as the'FIRST'live Creature that he encountered and placed it on his son's head so that he could re-vive under the name :"Ganesha"

This to me- only implies that thus the Elephant was made Taboo(= he was killed socually.) and later revived, but in the Greek Myth the original Demonisation was not altered and thus the Elephant was still known as those:' SUN-Bulls-of-Helios '

Which name erroneously was explained as Bovine-BULLS'instead of the original  Orthodontae-BULLS.

As none else has- had the sence to - pick this up, I consider this my personal discovery and not a mad or wild guess.

Sad= Sad"Blue-Hue"

PS
 in another threadpost ( nr 577.) I will have to disagree with your notion of "Atlantis as: inside-and Athens, as; Outside' the Pilars" because ATHENS was the name of the Acropolis of Atlantis-City and the name Atlantis as Land was thus outside the( City-)Pillars. Tongue

Huh Thus the Acropolis"ATHE" was commanded by the  rightfull'King-of-Atlantis'(= Epimetheus/Danaos.) and the Atlantean forces  were commanded by a userper who was not but only pretended to be a King-of-Atlantis(= Prometheus/ Egyptos.) Huh

« Last Edit: June 03, 2007, 10:06:36 am by BlueHue » Report Spam   Logged

( Blue's)THEORY, locating"original" Atlantis( in Aden-Yemen.)
1: ATLANTIS =Fake=Latin name, original Greek: ATHE(=a Region in Aden)
2: Atlantic-OCEAN=Greek: RIVER-of-Atlas+also" Known "World-OCEAN(=Red-Sea)
3: Greek-obsolete-Numeral 'X' caused Plato's Atlantisdate:9000=900
rockessence
Superhero Member

Using rocks and minerals to heal the earth and us.

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2007, 10:36:30 am »

Any explanation as to why "Athens" is plural?
Report Spam   Logged

ILLIGITIMI NON CARBORUNDUM

Thus ye may find in thy mental and spiritual self, ye can make thyself just as happy or just as miserable as ye like. How miserable do ye want to be?......For you GROW to heaven, you don't GO to heaven. It is within thine own conscience that ye grow there.

Edgar Cayce
BlueHue
Superhero Member

il mio va Piano, sono Asino ?

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2007, 12:33:53 pm »

Any explanation as to why "Athens" is plural?

GOD in my opinion was the ELEPHANT which means GOD-of-PUNT the original Holy-Land of AMUN Kadesh--in-IsraelBut MARK Ponta thinks that is a rant, will he repeat that in MELOS-2 ??

WELL I had replied straight from my laptop without logging in, but my answer was: "Athens "is not it's original name which was ATHE(= ADEN.)

It was the name of the Acropolis of Atlantis and "the Pillars" were just Breakwater-jetties alining 2 secundary Volcano-knolls

These"Pillars"were shaped like smoking guns or cedartree-crowns.HENCE: KEFTIU/ Caphtor means either Trees or Pillars'of-a-kind.  Thus: Hyperia, Hesperia, Iberia, Keftiu, Hapiru are all pertaining to Atl;anteans at ADEN.(= Ras-Aden, =GADARA-Ras.)

the whole sherade abut the Pillars beiing Mountains at a Sea-Strait entrance is thus misunderstood (= mis-translated.)or blown outof proportions.

The Spanish. Marroccans and the Greeks themselves think that they ared  posperity of the original Atlantis, that is true, but as COLONISTS from it, not as the original Site of it, this is a small subtile difference that has been commonly overlooked Hispania is a colony of Hesperia, th Garden(= Gadara-)of Eden.  "BlueHue"
« Last Edit: June 21, 2007, 03:49:44 pm by BlueHue » Report Spam   Logged

( Blue's)THEORY, locating"original" Atlantis( in Aden-Yemen.)
1: ATLANTIS =Fake=Latin name, original Greek: ATHE(=a Region in Aden)
2: Atlantic-OCEAN=Greek: RIVER-of-Atlas+also" Known "World-OCEAN(=Red-Sea)
3: Greek-obsolete-Numeral 'X' caused Plato's Atlantisdate:9000=900
Dawn Moline
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2007, 05:52:40 pm »

I moved this from the "Search for the Sacred" section because I would like us to concentrate on God without the religion, customs and traditions associated with God.

In other words, the idea of "God from scratch."

Are we capable of doing that, or are we so chained by our preconceived notions so as to find it impossible?

Think of it like this (and put yourself in God's Place, if possible):

You are God.

You created the heavens, the univserse, all the planets, and all the beings that exist upon them.

For what reason did you form these creations?

How did you manage to get these powers?

What is your plan for the universe?
Report Spam   Logged

-Plato
Dawn Moline
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2007, 05:53:39 pm »

Let us break God down to God's basic essence, and see what happens (if we are able to even comprehend it).

Cheers,

Dawn
Report Spam   Logged

-Plato
Jake

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2007, 11:57:30 pm »

These are the questions that led me to my philosophy of life.

I feel that we are indeed all "god". Not just hypothetically.

I think we are here because as "god" you are omnipitent. As such there really is a limited amount of things for you to do. The only logical step, that I can see, is to restart the game. Just like playing a video game, when you beat one game you can only do two things, to keep playing. You can start over and try to play a better game, or you can pick a new game to start. Either way you must start again, from the beginning.

Just my thoughts Smiley

Jake
Report Spam   Logged
HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2007, 09:19:12 am »

THEORY ONLY:

I'm no saint, yet I see god as being a complete collective of the mind, body, and soul at a fully awakened state of awareness. His power is the way everything interacts on everything else. From the smallest to the largest bits of matter, there is a constant interaction. Much of the same occurs with the energy of human emotion. I beleive that the likeness that human beings share with God, is this conjuction of energies and how it manipulates the physical world.
As organized religion explains;
Babylon for example was destroyed for the sins of the people who dwelled in that city.

Later Science would try to explain it as a natural event that lead to it's destruction.
Both may very well have happened exactly as both explained.
It was the spiritual element that science over-looked and the physical forces at work that religion disregaurded as an act of God.
Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2007, 09:21:08 am »

God is in everything, and our likeness to God is what is in the power of our individual Mind, body, and soul.
Report Spam   Logged

rockessence
Superhero Member

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2007, 01:23:28 am »

God is a Matrix of Energy.... which animates all....

God-self is an Individualized portion of that Matrix.... Each human has this "I AM Presence", or I should say each "I AM Presence" has a human component.   We can be very aware of that Presence, or totally oblivious, or a combination of awareness and obliviousness.

"The lower figure represents the human or flesh body; the Upper Figure represents the Individualized Presence of God, which is the Electronic Body of the "Mighty I AM Presence." Between the flesh body and the "Presence" is the Higher Mental Body, a form just as tangible in Its Own Octave as your flesh body is here, but not illustrated on the Chart. It is your Discriminating, Selective Intelligence.

The Ray of Light which goes from the Heart of the "Presence," through the top of the head, anchoring within the Heart of the flesh body, is the Life, the Light, the Substance, the Energy, the Intelligence and the Activity by which the physical body has Life and is enabled to move about.

When your attention goes to the "Mighty I AM Presence," this Ray of Light and Energy begins to intensify and expand, until the Point of Light within every cell of the flesh body responds to It. As this intensifies, the Radiance forms a Tube of Light about the flesh body.

The Violet Flame flowing up, through and around the lower figure represents the Violet Consuming Flame, which is released by your "Mighty I AM Presence" when you call for Its Action to be passed through you and your world to consume all discordant creation, past and present.

The Color Radiance around the Upper Figure represents the accumulated good of all previous embodiments, a reservoir of constructive energy ready for use when the outer self has purified itself through the use of the Violet Consuming Flame® and maintained harmony long enough for the Divine Plan to act without interference.

When you sincerely and firmly give attention to your "Mighty I AM Presence," the process of your Ascension begins that moment."

http://www.saintgermainfoundation.org/body2.htm
« Last Edit: June 13, 2007, 01:27:49 am by rockessence » Report Spam   Logged

Thus ye may find in thy mental and spiritual self, ye can make thyself just as happy or just as miserable as ye like. How miserable do ye want to be?......For you GROW to heaven, you don't GO to heaven. It is within thine own conscience that ye grow there.

Edgar Cayce
HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2007, 11:58:36 am »

Well said Rockessence. Well said....
Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2007, 12:00:55 pm »

You can literally feel changes in your thinking and being yet some will just blow it off, and some will try to enhance that extra feeling.
Report Spam   Logged

rockessence
Superhero Member

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2007, 05:23:00 pm »

Thank you HereF,

Yes you can feel the changes....instantly, or perhaps I shoud say, with the speed of thought.

The picture of the "I AM Presence" above is beautiful, isn't it?  That is the real you.  Or a depiction of it anyway.   

This is something which has changed my life, and which I use daily..... through the day.   
Report Spam   Logged

Edgar Cayce
HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2007, 07:21:12 am »

You know what is even more amazing about awakening our spirits is that this transformation can actually be proven using science. Photographing our actual aura while being emotionally stimulated by one thing or another is just one of the ways.

Tantric Masters from the East and mystics from the West also note that a luminous atmosphere surrounds human beings and indeed all living things. This atmosphere is the visible expansion of the aura, the energy fields that interpenetrate, express and permeate both our gross and subtle realities.

These essential energy fields are divided by various schools into categories; for example, Rosicrucians speak of the vital body, the desire body and so on. Occultists and theosophists refer to the seven mystical sheaths – the physical, flesh and blood body; the etheric, or energy body; the astral, or emotional body; the lower mental body; the higher mental body; the spiritual body and even the cosmic body! The terminologies differ, but the phenomenon, the thing which is observed, is the same.

The varying terminologies, unfortunately, can be confusing, even misleading, for our everyday language fails to describe many things that lie outside the daily experience. It is the nature of language to define and categorize experience, so that it may be communicated in some accessible, symbolic form. Perhaps we need to expand the language to cover these little-known areas of life.

To call the energy fields "bodies" tends to give the impression that they are discrete and separate, like layers on a cake. Actually, they are mutually interpenetrating and each level of being may be distinguished from the other levels by its frequency, or rate of vibration. The slower the rate of its vibration, the more readily it may be distinguished by our senses.

As above so it is below...

Report Spam   Logged

Aristotle
Superhero Member

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2007, 12:13:33 am »

God is a Matrix of Energy.... which animates all....

God-self is an Individualized portion of that Matrix.... Each human has this "I AM Presence", or I should say each "I AM Presence" has a human component.   We can be very aware of that Presence, or totally oblivious, or a combination of awareness and obliviousness.

"The lower figure represents the human or flesh body; the Upper Figure represents the Individualized Presence of God, which is the Electronic Body of the "Mighty I AM Presence." Between the flesh body and the "Presence" is the Higher Mental Body, a form just as tangible in Its Own Octave as your flesh body is here, but not illustrated on the Chart. It is your Discriminating, Selective Intelligence.

The Ray of Light which goes from the Heart of the "Presence," through the top of the head, anchoring within the Heart of the flesh body, is the Life, the Light, the Substance, the Energy, the Intelligence and the Activity by which the physical body has Life and is enabled to move about.

When your attention goes to the "Mighty I AM Presence," this Ray of Light and Energy begins to intensify and expand, until the Point of Light within every cell of the flesh body responds to It. As this intensifies, the Radiance forms a Tube of Light about the flesh body.

The Violet Flame flowing up, through and around the lower figure represents the Violet Consuming Flame, which is released by your "Mighty I AM Presence" when you call for Its Action to be passed through you and your world to consume all discordant creation, past and present.

The Color Radiance around the Upper Figure represents the accumulated good of all previous embodiments, a reservoir of constructive energy ready for use when the outer self has purified itself through the use of the Violet Consuming Flame® and maintained harmony long enough for the Divine Plan to act without interference.

When you sincerely and firmly give attention to your "Mighty I AM Presence," the process of your Ascension begins that moment."

http://www.saintgermainfoundation.org/body2.htm

Rockessence, this is as near an inspirational post to describe God as any that I have found.

But the question persists, did God invent humans  to bring life to the universe, or did humans invent God for the simple reason that they couldn't bear to be alone?
Report Spam   Logged

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
- Aristotle
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: