Atlantis Online
April 19, 2024, 02:05:01 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Update About Cuba Underwater Megalithic Research
http://www.timstouse.com/EarthHistory/Atlantis/bimini.htm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Obama Signs Law BANNING Federal Embryo Research 2 Days After Signing It OK

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Obama Signs Law BANNING Federal Embryo Research 2 Days After Signing It OK  (Read 374 times)
Robert0326
Superhero Member

« on: March 18, 2009, 04:46:37 pm »

I am very educated thank you very much.  I'm pretty frigging smart so don't open up a can of worms that you will later regret. 

What stem cell research strives to achieve is the cultivation and nurturement of stem cells, the basic cell of the body, enabling it to be reproduced to other specific parts of the body. The implications are obvious. Limbs and organs could be grown from scratch in a lab then used in transplants or to cure illnesses.

By providing the raw material for virtually every kind of human tissue, new treatments for a wide range of human diseases including diabetes, heart disease, some forms of cancer, and Parkinson's disease can now be developed.

This research also benefits the study of development events that cannot be studied directly in a human embryo, which would cause major clinical consequences such as birth defects, infertility and pregnancy loss. A more complete understanding of normal development will ultimately allow the prevention or treatment of abnormal human development.

Another advantage is the ability to test millions of potential drugs and medicine, without the use of animals or human testers. This requires a process of simulating the effect the drug has on a specific population of cells. This would tell if the drug is useful or problematic.

Now please tell me what is wrong with that?  Granted that there are cons against stem cell research like the illegal sale of embryos and fetus by doctors.  I believe the benefits of stem cell research outweigh the cons.  That is my opinion on the matter.
Report Spam   Logged

Blasphemy is a victimless crime.
"The day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the Supreme Being as His father, in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter."     Letter to John Adams, April 11, 1823 -Thomas Jefferson
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: