Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 06:46:33 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Secrets of ocean birth laid bare 
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/5191384.stm#graphic

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

'MYSTERY QUEST'- Drs. Greg & Lora Little's Series On History Channel

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 'MYSTERY QUEST'- Drs. Greg & Lora Little's Series On History Channel  (Read 13763 times)
mdsungate

Hermes, Gateway of the Sun

« Reply #225 on: December 19, 2009, 02:21:35 am »

Smiley  You really are excited about this statue “V’39”, LOL.  You’re posting it all over the place.  But here’s the problem with it, as exciting as it is, (and I’m completely in agreement with you, in that is certainly does look to be a statue.)  Scientists will simply say that it’s probably a Mayan statue that the Spanish were bringing back to Spain, and it fell overboard in a storm or something, and so now its on the ocean floor encrusted with coral.  It won’t be proof of Atlantis. 

Greg probably didn’t get that excited over the stone anchor for the same reason.  It might be proof that the Phoenician sailors traveled that far west, but again it won’t be proof of Atlantis. 

Now the city that’s been spotted with satellite surveillance is another story.  That’s a little harder to claim it fell overboard from a ship, LOL.  But skeptics will try to claim that it’s a natural geological formation, as in the case of the Bimini Wall. 

People will always see what they want to see and ignore what they don’t want to see.
 Wink
Mike
Report Spam   Logged

Hermes Trismegistus:  “As above, so below.”
vze39mpt

« Reply #226 on: December 19, 2009, 05:54:33 pm »

Yes, I'm understanding that. Do I believe it is proof of "Atlantis"? No, I do believe there is a statue "down" there.
How, when, why or by whom? I don't know. Someone will have to "see".
I am begining to believe that those "Blocks", "ruins", "rectangles" and this statue are related.
Report Spam   Logged
Robert0326
Superhero Member

« Reply #227 on: December 19, 2009, 07:13:32 pm »

Your right about the "anchor" Mike.  It could quite possibly be Phoenician or even a ship from Carthage.  I think that's who brought the tale of the "opposite continent" to the  Mediterranean world.
Report Spam   Logged

Blasphemy is a victimless crime.
"The day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the Supreme Being as His father, in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter."     Letter to John Adams, April 11, 1823 -Thomas Jefferson
Boreas

« Reply #228 on: September 01, 2011, 03:24:58 pm »

Pre-Ice Age Complex Found Off Bahamas Coast

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread741543/pg1
Report Spam   Logged

Gens Una Sumus
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: