Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 02:22:13 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 'Europe's oldest city' found in Cadiz
http://mathaba.net/rss/?x=566660

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

'MYSTERY QUEST'- Drs. Greg & Lora Little's Series On History Channel

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 16   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 'MYSTERY QUEST'- Drs. Greg & Lora Little's Series On History Channel  (Read 13795 times)
Horus

« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2009, 02:25:14 pm »

That is a lot, and it's all good news!  Thankyou, Greg.

What I can't seem to find anywhere is a report of last Fall's A.R.E. Ancient Mysteries conference which was supposed to disclose a few discoveries.  What happened there?

As for how Collins got in... well that has my noodle cooking now and I have couple of guesses, but I'll just ask him directly since I've been talking to him via email lately anyway.

My Best,
Paul
Report Spam   Logged

"For the greater individual is the one who is the servant of all. And to conquer self is greater than taking cities."

Reading 3253-2
Greg Little

« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2009, 02:44:59 pm »

Paul:

The ARE conference at VA Beach went well and had about 225 people. It appears that no one really writes up what transpires there, but they have now put all presentations on dvds and ARE Press has released them for sale. But Andrew did not talk about the discovery, he spoke on crop circles and other things.

But we actually released more info at the one just held in Texas, with just over 100 people, but also where the documentary makers attended. Making/participating in all these documentaries has burned up a lot of time. We made our own dvd documentary update also, called "The Search for Edgar Cayce's Atlantis." It's on amazon and some other places. I also plan on putting the best underwater footage from the ARE's rov video at Bimini on a dvd, but there is a huge amount of video. The terraces, rectangles, and lots of other anomalous features are shown, but so much of it is just showing bottom, so it takes a lot of time to watch and record, and so on. I've watched it all, but haven't sorted it yet.

Andrew, as with the few others involved with his discovery, has a confidentiality agreement. It has to come out in the book. The place he investigated will take everyone by complete surprise. By all means contact him again, but he can't be specific. Of course I'm doing what I can in this to support the book, ARE, Andrew, and ARE Press.

Report Spam   Logged
Horus

« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2009, 02:54:06 pm »

Actually, what I mainly want to know is what happened with the investigations done near Bimini by the big time oceanographers A.R.E. hired in '07/'08.   Some of the initial work was done under the APEX archeological permit but Bill Donato never got a report on that work, and he's a little perturbed by that.  The last I had was that John Van Auken told me they had found a rectangular object (building sized?) encrusted with old coral and they were going to drill into it, and that Joan Hanley would be involved with the followup work.  Was that discussed at the conference at all? What happened with all of that?   -pb
Report Spam   Logged

"For the greater individual is the one who is the servant of all. And to conquer self is greater than taking cities."

Reading 3253-2
Greg Little

« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2009, 03:56:00 pm »

OK, I understand. They (the big-time research folks) did a lot of side-scan and sub-bottom but to my knowledge there was no written report like Bill has made that was sent in. They verbally reported one area under sand that they felt needed to be have a core sample done, but that has not been done. I have not seen any image from their side-scan on it, and actually that was also scanned with sub-bottom profiling. They were also the ones who made all of the rov film in a vast area ranging in depth from 55 feet or so to 350 feet. I made several dvd duplicate sets of the 7 dvds they made and I thought one was going to Bill.

The "rectangle" frequently mentioned is mainly one of those found in Bill's side-scan project. That description has caused a lot of confusion as there are some rectangular forms in deep water where Joan Hanley did her research some years ago. The rov video they did --I am certain captured a bit of footage of the rectangles Bill found but also others in deeper water. Doug, Joan, and John have used the term rectangles to describe both areas, which are far apart, but visually similar. As you know Lora and I went to that spot (Bill's) several times and managed to have one and only one photo taken of a single rectangle, and it was in the midst of many other rectangular forms, but it was impossible for the divers to move from one to another rectangle because of the strong current. The best photo of it remains the one we had taken. We tried to go back 2x but windy conditions prevented dives. We will go back in April or May probably with National Geo. I have hoped we could find that exact same rectangle, but last time we couldn't tell which one is was even while we looked at the site with side-scan from the surface. GPS on water when anchored only gets close, and when there are 20 or more similar forms on the bottom, and the wind pushes you around, it's nearly impossible to sit right on top of one specific one. It was really discouaging last time while there...at least on that day. I have concluded that what will have to happen is that when the weather is perfect, and using underwater propulsion systems, a lot of them will have to be looked at. I'd hoped that extensively examining that one would suffice, but I don't know if we can actually hit that one. I have to add that I am far more interested in exploring on the Bank and the Berry Islands. So the Bimini rectangles are not our real focus. The depth, water murkiness, and strong current at the rectangles will probably keep us away from it. Last, my take on all of the underwater rov footage is this: looking isn't enough and cannot prove much of anything unless something is obvious. I saw nothing obvious and definitive in it, just a bit of interesting stuff--formations. The one photo, converted to black and white, contrast enhanced, was the best single thing I have ever seen there. Oddly, both Krista and Brown, who did the dive and took the photo, said they really couldn't see anything when diving. They recognized the photo they took and said that they simply pointed the camera at a murky formation and shot as I had asked. Both of them were stunned when they saw the black and white converted photo. Neither could make out any of the details visible in it while diving only a few feet away. At that depth by the Gulf Stream it's really murky. To some extent, that explains why we have focused on the Bank.
Report Spam   Logged
Horus

« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2009, 04:46:47 pm »

Greg, I'd love to see that photo!

All of the "rectangles" being discussed can be confusing. 
I'm not referring to the sidescan anomallies on the surface of the seafloor but to an object 15ft. below the sand detected with sub-bottom profiling. John seemed pretty excited about it! Might it be that Poseidian temple "under the slime of ages" that Cayce spoke of?

I have all of the APEX sidescan sonar imagery (btw) and there are several areas that merit investigation -if we can come up with the funding.  Now that one of our primary sources -Don Dickinson- just bought the drill for the Sphinx chamber I wonder if there will be anything left for our project?  Since civilization tends to concentrate in coastal regions, the deeper areas (the ancient shore of the Great Bahama Island) really have to be looked at.

I wish you and Lora were still running Ancient Mysteries.  Whenever you two do work, we get a detailed report but we are sort of left in the dark about the A.R.E.'s other projects as was the case in the '90s before you entered the scene. 
Report Spam   Logged

Reading 3253-2
Greg Little

« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2009, 06:25:47 pm »

The ARE has been squeezed by the huge drop in investments, but will survive well. As far as funding goes, all you can do is make a brief proposal. John is now so busy directing nearly everything in the day-to-day that I know he is just too swamped to provide much info other than what he puts in the newsletter. It is possible that at some point we'll do it again or at least write more. But I spent the last year writing that Mound Encyclopedia and then with all of these documentary projects things have been hectic. One thing I hven't talked about much is the marble ruins found north of Bimini. Those will be featured in the Atlantis episode of the new Hist. Channel series. That is where the Phoenician boat supposedly is. Someone sarcastically said somewhere here to "keep my day job." It might actually help me get better organized in a way if I had a day job. On the other hand then I wouldn't be able to do much else.

I thought you had seen the photo. The specific photo is at the very bottom of this page:
http://mysterious-america.net/bimini2007.html

It's a low resolution web image. The actual blocks are seen in the middle at the bottom of the photo.
Report Spam   Logged
Horus

« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2009, 06:49:49 pm »

I thought you had seen the photo. The specific photo is at the very bottom of this page:
http://mysterious-america.net/bimini2007.html
It's a low resolution web image. The actual blocks are seen in the middle at the bottom of the photo.

LOL! Somehow, I missed that! Either I never had scrolled down far enough or didn't read the caption carefully.  Thanks!

As for "day jobs", you aren't doing psychopharmacology or criminal justice work anymore? Income from your books and DVDs must be good! Congratulations! You may be the only Atlantologists I know who can do that!

BTW, thanks for letting me know what JVA's status is.  I was wondering why my correspondence with him had tapered off. I wish I could help him.

« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 06:52:43 pm by Horus » Report Spam   Logged

Reading 3253-2
Greg Little

« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2009, 08:07:14 pm »

Hopefully you can see what we were talking about at the underwater formation in the photo... And yes, John is busy, busiest I've ever seen.

My books, now 43 in total, do well, yes. (I counted them for the first time for the interview I did for a hometown newspaper.) The dvds do OK, but not really what anyone could call well. Now working on 2 more books, which should be done in a month. I remain a "person" or professional in the world of criminal treatment, but I primarily write articles and books and occasionally do a research paper. These are all usually requested and someone has already ordered them before I write them. But that business is extremely well organized and I have a lot of help, so I am essentially free to do whatever I want whenever I want. There are a lot of others who market and sell the stuff.

But the explorations and books on these archaeological things certainly don't pay much at all, it's all the other things that support what we are doing...my profession. I know of literally dozens of books on Atlantis, archaeology, and alternative history--and the titles and authors would surprise you--that sold only a couple hundred copies before they simply disappeared. The internet and tv and now e-books are gradually killing the bookstores. Anyone can now write and publish a book in an e-format, but selling more than a handfull that way is quite difficult (in this field). Libraries, for example, will not buy an e-book. And bookstores don't carry them for obvious reasons. So while I don't have to work in a job to be an explorer or alternate historical researcher, I don't make a living at it either. But I completely understand the antiquarians who spent their lives exploring for mounds, ruins, and lost lands. It's something I envisioned myself doing some 30 years ago. In truth, I started devoting nearly full-time to the exploring and writing in this field in 2000, so it's been 9 years. From 1990 to 2000 I spent maybe half-time on it. What I know is this: there are huge unexplored areas on land and in water. There is a lot left to discover.
Report Spam   Logged
Desiree
Superhero Member

« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2009, 01:13:30 pm »

Hi Greg,

Wow, 43 books!  They aren't all about archeology, I'll bet, right?  I have one of your early Mound Builders books, as well as the ARE's Search for Atlantis. 

Say, since you can't talk much about the latest discoveries, I have to ask, did you ever get out to the Canary Islands to investigate, like you and Andrew talked about a couple of years ago?  There is a research paper out there that claims that the Guanches actually may have been the basis for Atlantis, as well as the founders of Egypt's dynastic kings.
Report Spam   Logged

This power came forth out of the Atlantic Ocean. But afterwards there occurred violent earthquakes and floods; and in a single day and night of misfortune all your warlike men in a body sank into the earth, and the island of Atlantis in like manner disappeared in the depths of the sea.
Greg Little

« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2009, 07:24:02 pm »

DEs:
The books cover a lot of ground, so to speak. Psychopharmacology, criminal personality, counseling, addiction, obesity, and several on criminal treatment. Others are on UFOs, Native Americans, mounds, South America, ancient mysteries, Atlantis, etc.

We did not go to the Canaries yet. The Mound Encyclopedia used up far more time than I wished, but it had to get done--it took a year or so. It was a big job with lots of details in it. After getting a boat we focused on coastal Florida and the Bahamas. We started finding so much there that it became the next job that needed attention. Later this year we are hooking up with Andrew Collins in the US to film some things and we might expand the filming to the Canaries, but it looks more like we'll focus on Egypt and Turkey.

Greg
Report Spam   Logged
Desiree
Superhero Member

« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2009, 10:56:15 pm »

Hi Greg,

I also have Andrew Collins, Gateway to Atlantis, and, for my money, it's the best modern book written on Atlantis.  He is a very thorough researcher. So what is in Turkey that bears researching?  I'm assuming that Andrew's discovery beneath Giza is what led Zawi Hawass to allow the upcoming drilling to go on.

So when you were writing these books on criminal behavior, I assume you were actually treating criminals, such as, in the institutions..?

Yes, books in general are having a hard time of it now, just like newspapers.  It is hard to picture them actually ever going the way of newspapers, though.  Nothing can replace a good library or going to Barnes and Noble!

Desiree

Report Spam   Logged

This power came forth out of the Atlantic Ocean. But afterwards there occurred violent earthquakes and floods; and in a single day and night of misfortune all your warlike men in a body sank into the earth, and the island of Atlantis in like manner disappeared in the depths of the sea.
Greg Little

« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2009, 08:58:05 am »

Des:
I agree on Gateway to Atlantis...I think it is the best Atlantis book ever. Andrew is a meticulous researcher...best I have ever known.

I worked 16 years "behind bars" at the Federal, State, and local level. In my last year of that a core group of 3 of us spent about 6 weeks in Puerto Rico training and installing the program we developed in 16 sites. That led to the programs being requested everywhere, now 45 states and 6 countries. After that I spent about 10 years assisting in the training of criminal justice staff on all 3 levels and have been in at least 60 prisons/jails and countless agencies and parole/probation sites. I still perform one or two trainings a year, primarily in a program called Your LifeWork, which is a personal development program. I made a set of 8 dvd documentaries that are used in the program along with a workbook.
Report Spam   Logged
Desiree
Superhero Member

« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2009, 02:21:04 pm »

Hi Greg,

I imagine doing all that prison work could get a bit depressing at times! It is hard to rehabilitate people these days, especially in a tough economy.

I agree, Andrew is the best Atlantis researcher I have seen in modern days.  It is really indicative of how much research that both he and you have done that you didn't place much stock in the discoveries off of Cuba by Paula Zelitsky.  Say, has anything else been found out about that? 

And did you find anything more about the concentric circle off of Zapata?
Report Spam   Logged

Greg Little

« Reply #43 on: March 29, 2009, 08:41:57 am »

Des:

To my knowledge nothing whatsoever has transpired on the western Cuba sonar find by Zelitsky. I doubt that much will happen. In addition, nothing has been done at the Zapata area of Cuba, the specific site where we found what "looks" like Plato's Center City. There are political considerations with that site but when things change in that situation, we'll go there with Collins, who, of course, asserts that Cuba was the main island of Atlantis.

Greg
Report Spam   Logged
BlueHue
Superhero Member

il mio va Piano, sono Asino ?

« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2009, 11:26:25 am »

" About ATLANTIS - CENTRAL  CITY":

According to an 18-th cent. Scholar Jacques HEBERT(no family of " TOM')
Atlantis ' Central City'(= 'Poseidon-Polis' ) was on the ADEN Island of SOCOTERA.)
Report Spam   Logged

( Blue's)THEORY, locating"original" Atlantis( in Aden-Yemen.)
1: ATLANTIS =Fake=Latin name, original Greek: ATHE(=a Region in Aden)
2: Atlantic-OCEAN=Greek: RIVER-of-Atlas+also" Known "World-OCEAN(=Red-Sea)
3: Greek-obsolete-Numeral 'X' caused Plato's Atlantisdate:9000=900
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 16   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: