Atlantis Online
April 19, 2024, 10:44:51 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Scientists to drill beneath oceans
http://atlantisonline.smfforfree2.com/index.php/topic,8063.0.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

'MYSTERY QUEST'- Drs. Greg & Lora Little's Series On History Channel

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 16   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 'MYSTERY QUEST'- Drs. Greg & Lora Little's Series On History Channel  (Read 14325 times)
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #90 on: May 19, 2009, 06:37:11 pm »

Horus

Observations on Drs. Greg & Lora Little On History Channel Series - Summer 2009
« Reply #8 on: Today at 01:18:17 pm » Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"America" usually refers to the North American continental mainland, and to the United States specifically.

Technically, the Bahamas and the West Indies can be (and often are) considered as part of the "Americas" (pl.) because of their proximity to North and South America.  Cuba is considered part of "Latin America".

Cayce stated that the West Indies and the Bahamas were remnants of Atlantis.  Cayce stated that refugees from the destruction of Atlantis fled to North, Central (Yucatan), And South Americas.  Cayce stated that archeological evidence of Atlantis could be found near Bimini.  Archeological evidence of a pre-Holocene, antediluvian culture (which must be Atlantis) definitely HAS been found near Bimini as predicted.  Therefore Cayce was correct and the Grand Bahama Bank was an important part of the Atlantean Empire.  Therefore the "classic" interpretation of Plato stands -Atlantis was in the Atlantic Ocean and perished circa 10,000 B.C. and the ruins on the seafloor are the irrefutable "proof in the pudding"!   
Report Spam   Logged

Your mind understands what you have been taught; your heart what is true.
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #91 on: May 19, 2009, 06:39:56 pm »

Greg Little

Re: Observations on Drs. Greg & Lora Little On History Channel Series - Summer 2
« Reply #10 on: Today at 03:50:51 pm » Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree almost completely Horus. But when someone says "America" I typically don't think of the Bahamas. It is in the Americas, yes, I grant that. But Cayce spoke mainly of Atlanteans fleeing and migrating to the mainland rather than the mainland being the island empire. I believe that the entire Great Bahama Bank, Cuba, and various other islands in that region comprised the main Atlantean islands Cayce described and that island further East into the Atlantic were also part of the empire. I see all of this totally consistent with Plato.

And yes, I am certain that there is irrefutable proof now that a maritime culture was active in the Bahamas in 4000 BC or so and there is now something close to proof that a maritime culture was active off Bimini when the sea levels were much lower in 10,000 BC. The proof of the 4000 BC culture is The Bimini Road, the Paradise Point Pier formation, the stone circles off Bimini at what is called Proctor's Road, and the various stone anchors there that are idetical to Phoenician anchors. The same culture was at Andros, at the Andros Platform, and also at Cay Sal, at the Anguilla Arc--all part of this proof. There may also be proof at the Berry Islands at the same depths. The 10,000 BC evidence is the various square and rectangular formations in 90-feet about 5-6 miles off Bimini in 90-feet of water. Examination of the video clearly shows that there are stone blocks under, incorporated into, and on these formations. The August issue of the magazine Atlantis Rising will feature the discovery as will the ARE newsletter, Ancient Mysteries. Meanwhile, another expedition is about to take place at Bimini that will look at another area in slightly deeper water. But I do not think that will actually yield the same degree of evidence.

By definition, a 10,000 BC maritime culture is Atlantis because there is no other mention of such a culture in history or literature. My hunch and strong leaning is that we have now actually found the first remnants of the Atlantis that existed in 10,000 BC. When I say "we" I do not mean Lora and I. So many people have been involved in this long quest and everyone is standing on everyone else's shoulders. You, Bill Donato, Doug Richards, Joan Hanley, John Van Auken, Don Dickenson, and perhaps 2 dozen others have played a significant role. Lora and I are just the latest. But I think that in the next year there will be so much appearing both in literature and on tv that it'll bring a great deal of attention to the discovery of the "true" Atlantis. And during that time many of us will hopefully get even more evidence.
Report Spam   Logged

BlueHue
Superhero Member

il mio va Piano, sono Asino ?

« Reply #92 on: May 22, 2009, 08:08:29 am »

ABOUT ' ATLANTIS ' in - american - waters : or  CUBA,

"Europeans" usually refer any Islands around America's mainland as " American " too even when they were former Spanish or brittish colonies as Cuba or the Bahama's.

Therefore England refused specifically to be counted as" European" and whishes to be distinct from the European mainland  Cry

(it is a cartographic" Custom" to consider the shore behind islands as belonging to that island when the Waterfront is settled the Island is named after the waterfront/ continent

The off -shore isles tend to be counted as belonging to a mainland
( like the " Falklands to Argentine " arguement!
Which resulted in the Falklands - propaganda - war.)

Thus although Atlantis was an Ocean Island in general the nearest SHORE _ LINE or Sea-Coast/ Waterfront or Continent(-s)would be named " Atlantis " too unless afterwards the Continental names changed but the ( Isolated-) Island retained it's name.

In the COLUMBUS seached Atlantis - in America - Concept
CUBA would have been Atlantis Capital Isle,

BUT since Atlantis originally was named: ATHE   and NOT " Atlantis "
The Isle of HAITI ( an anagram of :" ATHE " ) would be nearere the mark than " CUBA "

Sincerely " Blue Hue " dd 16 June - 2009
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 04:39:52 pm by BlueHue » Report Spam   Logged

( Blue's)THEORY, locating"original" Atlantis( in Aden-Yemen.)
1: ATLANTIS =Fake=Latin name, original Greek: ATHE(=a Region in Aden)
2: Atlantic-OCEAN=Greek: RIVER-of-Atlas+also" Known "World-OCEAN(=Red-Sea)
3: Greek-obsolete-Numeral 'X' caused Plato's Atlantisdate:9000=900
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #93 on: May 23, 2009, 07:02:15 pm »

Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #94 on: June 05, 2009, 09:30:10 am »

Greg,

You might find this of some interest:

http://atlantisonline.smfforfree2.com/index.php/topic,18842.new.html
Report Spam   Logged

mdsungate

Hermes, Gateway of the Sun

« Reply #95 on: June 06, 2009, 09:11:07 am »

Smiley  Masterdon etched in a fossilized bone, ech?  Although I think there was a intence effort to discredit this "find" I believe there was pottery found at Tiahanaco Bolivia that depicted humans ridiing dinosaurs and using them as beast of burden.  As I remember it, the natives in Peru siezed the opportunity to make some quick money and took to painting their own pictures on old pottery pieces when they saw how excited the scientists were about their find.  This snowballed into discreditiing the entire dig.  Berlitz mentions it in one of his books, but his lack of sources makes it had to verify.  I'll ty to find a link on that, althought it's a bit off topic here, unless the thought it to prove that civilization does indeed date back to the land changes that occured 12,500 years ago at the end of the last "Ice Age"... (which by the way I don't beinve in Ice Ages, LOL..,  at least not in the Darwin sence of the term).   Wink
Report Spam   Logged

Hermes Trismegistus:  “As above, so below.”
Greg Little

« Reply #96 on: June 06, 2009, 12:59:48 pm »

Bianca: If the find holds up it will be quite interesting, yes. We do know for certain that humans encountered and hunted elephants in the Americas, both Mastedons and Mammoths. And archaeologist Michael Faught has found many Clovis points in Florida as well as in the waters around the currend coast--at 45+ feet below the current sea level--Clovis, or course, dates to 9600 BC or so, so it would not be surprising that an extinct elephant would have been depicted on an artifact like a bone. But as mssun implies, the chances are that someone will claim it's a hoax, though in this case there is nothing seemingly to be gained from either the hoax or the claim of one. Archaeology accepts that humans and extinct elephants had encountered each other in the early Americas.
Report Spam   Logged
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #97 on: June 06, 2009, 02:00:10 pm »

Thank you for your opinion, Greg.

Actually, I went in a different direction.

For personal reasons, I firmly believe that the Eastern Coast of Florida was one of the first places
that people fleeing from Atlantis reached, especially in and around the Vero Beach area.

This just confirms it for me. 

I don't think that anyone else would have really thought of bothering to record what they had just
eaten.  Nor would they probably have known how to so skilfully sketch an image and with what tool,
unless they had done it before.

It seems to me that this is like a 'time capsule', a record to leave behind.

Not to mention the date it has been given: 12,000 to 14,000 years ago......

I know that I am probably letting my imagination run wild, but that's a common 'illusion' that many
people have shared and went on to find very concrete proofs.   Heinrich Schlieman (sp?) comes to
mind....

This observation sort of did it for me:

“Never before in the Western Hemisphere, has there been a bone from an extinct species incised with a recognizable picture of an animal,” Purdy went on. “It would be ancient evidence that people living in the Americas during the last Ice Age created artistic images of the animals they hunted.”
« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 02:02:41 pm by Bianca » Report Spam   Logged

Greg Little

« Reply #98 on: June 08, 2009, 06:27:51 pm »

Bianca:

Yes, I understand and agree. In my way of thinking, I have long seen Florida as where Atlanteans fled and the canals at several mound sites has been a confirmation of it for me. Florida would have been an ideal place. I do know that there have been several (at least one that has some credibility) of artifacts with animals depicted found in the Americas, but it is controversial to say the least.
Report Spam   Logged
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #99 on: June 08, 2009, 07:06:32 pm »

Thank you, Greg!

Sounds like I am not the only one excited by this discovery:

Bone find suggests humans on Treasure Coast 13,000 years ago

By Elliot Jones
SunSentinel.com
June 8, 2009
VERO BEACH

- Treasure Coast amateur fossil collector James Kennedy appears to have made an unprecedented archaeological discovery that might help confirm a human presence here up to 13,000 years ago.

A 15-inch-long prehistoric bone fragment found near Vero Beach contains a crude engraving of a mammoth or mastodon on it, said Dr. Barbara Purdy, emeritus professor of anthropology at the University of Florida.

"It is humbling to realize that we are seeing what the hunter saw more than 13,000 years ago," Purdy said.

Tests so far have shown it to be genuine.

If so, it appears to be "the oldest, most spectacular and rare work of art in the Americas," she wrote in a report to other scientists.

The only comparable images are found in European cave paintings, she said in an interview Friday. The bone contains "the unmistakable incising of an ancient proboscidean [elephant]," she said.

Kennedy found the brown and tan bone two years ago and put it under his sink. About two months ago, he took it out for cleaning and spotted unusual lines. He had been considering selling it at a flea market.

Instead, he showed it to a fellow collector, William Roddenberry of Vero Beach, who was amazed. They took it to the Florida Museum of Natural History in Gainesville for examination.

When Kennedy learned it was so historically valuable, he said, "It blew me away. I was absolutely baffled."

The etched bone is being kept in a vault. The site where it was found isn't being disclosed.

"There could be so much more out there" from early people in Florida, he said.

The incised bone was picked up near where other collectors in 1915 apparently found ancient human bones near the bones of extinct animals, a find that launched a national scientific debate that hasn't been settled. That site is near the Indian River County Administration Building.

This month, a Florida State University archaeologist is leading a team that is taking soil samples from the site at the administration building. That is in preparation for a scientific excavation there next year to help try to settle whether or not humans co-existed here with mammoths and other extinct species.

The bones are from a drainage canal dug early last century through an ancient stream bed that once drained into the Indian River Lagoon. Through the decades, dozens of bones of long-extinct animals have been found there.

"The incising would have to be at least 13,000 years old because that is when the animals became extinct and more recent people would not have seen an elephant to etch," Purdy wrote in her report about the find. The etching is on bone from either a mammoth, mastodon or giant sloth.

Scientific experts she sent the report to all "expressed great excitement about the discovery of the unique specimen, but all of them, naturally, cautioned that its authenticity should be documented.''

So she had University of Florida scientists run tests that showed that the three-inch-long image wasn't recently made.

Those tests and some subjective factors "cause me to conclude that this object is not a fake," Purdy said.

"The incising is real," she said.

Next week, university researchers are expected to finish a test that will show whether the artifact is from Indian River County. They're comparing soils from the bone and the discovery site.

Archaeologists across the nation are excited by the discovery.

"There is nothing else like it," a piece of art dating to around the end of the last Ice Age in the New World, said Steven Holen, curator of paleontology at the Denver Museum of Nature and Science. "It is one of the most spectacular finds in American archaeology in recent history."
Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #100 on: June 12, 2009, 09:38:09 pm »

Greg:

From the article that started this thread:

"This June and July, the Littles will appear in two episodes of a new History

Channel series entitled "History Quest."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you know the dates, so we can watch?
Report Spam   Logged

Greg Little

« Reply #101 on: June 13, 2009, 08:14:34 am »

Bianca:

First, I made a mistake on the name of the series. It is "Mystery Quest."

The series actually was the summer replacement for the UFO Hunters series, but they delayed it's start, supposedly because the show's format was tweaked a bit. When we returned to Bimini last month with them it was to finish the Atlantis episode, the 4th show. They reshot the start of the show then. This past week I had several contacts with the production team to provide some needed info and materials. It is supposed to begin sometime in July or August at the latest, but they related they would tell me when it is scheduled. The first show (on Bermuda Triangle) and 4th (Atlantis) we will be in, at least to some extent.

Meanwhile the UFO Hunters episode we participated in aired several times in the past 3-4 weeks. It was on AUTEC at Andros, but our focus was on the Andros Platform. It was a bit, ah, wide ranging.
Report Spam   Logged
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #102 on: June 13, 2009, 08:50:08 am »

Thanks, Greg -

Please be sure to alert us when the time comes.

WE DO NOT WANT TO MISS ANY OF THE EPISODES
« Last Edit: June 13, 2009, 08:54:50 am by Bianca » Report Spam   Logged

mdsungate

Hermes, Gateway of the Sun

« Reply #103 on: June 19, 2009, 07:15:41 pm »

Smiley  Summer replacement for UFO Hunters???  One of my favorite shows!  I couldn't think of anything more interesting to fill in for that show than you, Greg.  Does it get any better?!  I'll be watching for the news of when it starts.  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Hermes Trismegistus:  “As above, so below.”
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #104 on: July 03, 2009, 08:53:45 am »

Greg Little

Re: A.R.E. - HIDDEN SPHINX CHAMBER TO BE PHOTOGRAPHED

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2009, 09:26:00 pm » Quote 

Several drill holes were made and small cameras put through and down the holes drilled near the Sphinx. The results have just been released by the ARE. Unfortunately, they found openings below the surface, perhaps they could be called chambers or tunnels, but they were completely filled with water. No further exploration was possible with the cameras they were using, but more plans are being made. In a somewhat related exploration, supposedly there will be a thorough investigation of the caves and tunnel system under Giza that was found, explored, filmed & photographed by Andrew Collins, which he details in his forthcoming book, "Beneath the Pyramids." These are huge and very dry. Features in them clearly show that they were utilized and altered by human hands sometime in the remote past. They were unknown to modern Egyptologists before Collins and the ARE had meetings with Zahi Hawass and informed him about them. The only entrance, which is essentially unknown to tour guides, is closed to visitors, and is oddly never visited by people looking at Giza, will be gated soon to keep people out --which will be something some people will attempt once the book is out and the precise location revealed. A lot of this information comes out to ARE members who elect to receive the newsletter, Ancient Mysteries. The ARE does put out this information publically, but members are notified first since it is the members who support the research. It is not too costly to be a member of the ARE, but I understand why some people don't want to join. But the research could not be done unless some people supported the ARE through membership and donations.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 16   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: