Atlantis Online
July 15, 2024, 10:04:39 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ARE Search For Atlantis 2007 Results
http://mysterious-america.net/bermudatriangle0.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

'MYSTERY QUEST'- Drs. Greg & Lora Little's Series On History Channel

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 16   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 'MYSTERY QUEST'- Drs. Greg & Lora Little's Series On History Channel  (Read 15488 times)
Horus

« Reply #60 on: March 31, 2009, 11:56:15 pm »

Another reading (about the city of Poseida) said that in a temple there were semicircular columns that took the rays of the sun and reflected them to a central crystal.

Didn't Ray Brown find a crystal, attached to an underwater pyramid in the Atlantic, and wouldn't it constitute proof of Atlantean high technology?

If the story was valid, then yes.  I was on Brown's trail years ago (he's deceased now) and the location of this alleged site near the Berries and the Tongue of the Ocean, and I had argued and debated extensively with... nearly every explorer of the Bahamas you can imagine for keeping it open as a possibility -even "old school" folks like author Peter Tompkins who had met Brown and had a map of this location.

Finally, Greg told me something that put the matter to rest as a probable hoax perpetrated by Brown.  What the motive of that could have been is still a mystery.  It's too bad, because it would have been in the "right place" -central Poseidia.  Brown was probably inspired by all the press that Valentine, Brush and Adams, et al were getting at that time. Additionally, this location is in the Bermuda Triangle where the bulk of disappearances are concentrated. A few people had put forth the idea that the disappearances were due to damaged, Atlantean technology still active on the seafloor, and Brown's pyramid and crystal would seem to fit that theory. 
Report Spam   Logged

"For the greater individual is the one who is the servant of all. And to conquer self is greater than taking cities."

Reading 3253-2
Greg Little

« Reply #61 on: April 01, 2009, 09:30:22 am »

MDSUNG...:
Thanks for the kind words. And the answer is yes, what we'd like to find is a building made of stone matching Plato or Cayce. But a building of any kind will suffice.

AAngel:
I wish Brown's story was true. He did have a crystal he displayed at talks, yes. Nevertheless I don't agree that a crystal is evidence of high tech...unless it is part of some device that uses it somehow. But Horus says what I believe is true. On the other hand, there is an elevated mass of stone blocks underwater off the Berry Islands. We hope to do a thorough investigation there this summer.

Later today I'm posting an update on Eugene Shinn's Flim-Flam Sham on mysterious-america.net.
Report Spam   Logged
Crystal Thielkien
Superhero Member

« Reply #62 on: April 02, 2009, 01:02:32 pm »

Hi Greg, anything you can say about any of those planes that you found?
Are any of them the planes that were lost in the Bermuda Triangle back in the 1940s?
Report Spam   Logged
Greg Little

« Reply #63 on: April 02, 2009, 04:55:57 pm »

Crystal:

Yes, one of them definitely was. It's N-number matched. The others have destroyed, missing, totally damage, or buried ID numbers. But we are working on some. I think the one that matched will be on the History Channel show. But my real hope is Flight 19.

For those interested, I have posted a new article on mysterious-america.net titled "Gene Shinn's Bimini Flim-Flam Scam." I continue to be amazed by him--and his "peers."

Greg Little
Report Spam   Logged
Volkaitis
Superhero Member

« Reply #64 on: April 04, 2009, 02:21:57 am »

Hello Greg, I read your work.  Have any of the so-called "respected" geologists yet acknowledged that Shinn was wrong?  Better yet, have any of them ever come out and reexamined the site themselves?
Report Spam   Logged
Greg Little

« Reply #65 on: April 04, 2009, 08:22:22 am »

Volk:

To my knowledge not a single geologist has challenged anything Shinn stated. Even Robert Schoch has supported Shinn by saying he's read all the geological reports on Bimini and he agrees that it's natural. But he's never been there. As far as I know, only 3 geologists have ever looked at the Bimini Rd.

Here's the thing. Many geologists and a few archaeologists have offered their services to various people regarding Bimini. But all want to be paid rather large sums of OPM--"other people's money". Shinn, Harrison, and Gifford, the 3 geologists, all had some sort of financial support. Even today, the one of them who returns periodically--but not to look at the road site, typically goes only when he's obtained a chunk of OPM to do it. And that is usually to drill where Cayce said gold was.
Report Spam   Logged
mdsungate

Hermes, Gateway of the Sun

« Reply #66 on: April 04, 2009, 08:56:59 am »

Smiley  QUOTE FROM GREG:
To my knowledge not a single geologist has challenged anything Shinn stated.

Well it's always about the money, isn't it?  Let's be honest here.  The very term "Atlantis" is the "kiss of death" for serious scientists, unfortunately.  Any degreed geologist would be risking his reputation, (and hence earnings) to buck the established "history" of mankind.  Not unless of course they could provide proof positive of it.

Let's take a deeper look at what "proof positive" of discovering Atlantis, (as Plato and Cayce describe it), would truly mean:

It's one thing to say that the ocean levels have risen over the past 12,000 years.  We are still coming out of a belief system that taught that all geological change occurred slowly over thousands of years.  Everything from the Rocky Mountains to the Grand Canyon was "supposed" to have been formed solely from the slow erosion of the elements by wind and water.  So the “old guard” can accept, (barely), that there are “sunken” ruins off the coast of islands and continental shelves.

Plate tectonics has provided a mechanism for what Cayce and Plato have described.  But no one is “comfortable” with the notion of a land mass the size of a continent sinking into the ocean within recorded history!  Just consider the implications of what that means today.  What “scientist” is going to tell the generally public that, for example, North America could suddenly sink beneath the waves and send, (what is it now?) 290 million people to their deaths?

We’ve seen a Mexican’s farmer’s corn field turn into a towering volcano over night in our time.  Yet the thought of a huge land mass sinking, is still not something any of us really want to “believe” in, LOL. 

So Greg, while all of here at AO are hoping you do find the real Atlantis on the floor of the Atlantic Ocean where it’s supposed to be, I’m not sure any of us will sleep as well at night if you do.  When that happen, (not if), there may be a rise in sale of extra large inflatable life rafts, LOL.

Mike DeRosa

Report Spam   Logged

Hermes Trismegistus:  “As above, so below.”
Crystal Thielkien
Superhero Member

« Reply #67 on: April 05, 2009, 09:27:58 pm »

Hi Greg, do you know any geologists personally that have a different opinion on the Bimini Road, and  would any of them ever be willing to go public about it?  I always got the feeling there was more to that than people were saying.
Report Spam   Logged
Desiree
Superhero Member

« Reply #68 on: April 06, 2009, 03:25:28 pm »

Hi Greg,

I just read your report on the underwater pyramids off of Vero Beach (or lack of one).  Any chance that it could have been located in a different area?  Have sonar scans ever been done in that area?
Report Spam   Logged

This power came forth out of the Atlantic Ocean. But afterwards there occurred violent earthquakes and floods; and in a single day and night of misfortune all your warlike men in a body sank into the earth, and the island of Atlantis in like manner disappeared in the depths of the sea.
Greg Little

« Reply #69 on: April 09, 2009, 08:28:09 am »

DES: Yes, there is a chance we simply searched in the wrong area. The real problem is this: that's the "Treasure coast." It has all been thoroughly searched by treasure hunters using sophisticated technology. My hunch is that what was seen was a sand heap or maybe one of the artificial reefs made from huge stone blocks. But still...could be.

Crystal: To my knowledge no geologists have said anything against Shinn's statements. By the way, Shinn has released a new article that make many crucial errors and deceptions. It can be accessed here: http://mysterious-america.net/geneshinn'sflimf.html

The article can be posted somewhere on AO if the MODs want it, but there are lots of research links on it, links to Shinn's actual articles, one of which has long been inaccessible. I decided that people really need to see it so I posted all of the evidence.

We returned from Andros, Bahamas last night after a 3-day whirlwind trip there. We filmed a segment with UFO Hunters, a series on The History Channel. We dove the Andros Platform, among other things. Pretty interesting, but I don't know how it'll come across. Their show is primarily on AUTEC and odd UFO sightings and reports in the area. They were very impressed with the Andros Platform.

Later this month we are filming on the Great Bahama Bank with National Geographic, on the Bermuda Triangle. (Looking for more lost planes.) Meanwhile, another ARE team is investigating Bimini. In May I hope to post an article detailing all of these results.
Report Spam   Logged
Desiree
Superhero Member

« Reply #70 on: April 09, 2009, 03:23:16 pm »

Sounds like you have been really busy, Greg. Thanks for the info on Vero Beach. I wonder how the original report of a pyramid got started if it was on such slight evidence.

I assume you are talking about underwater UFOs?  Did you ever happen to see any when you were out on the ocean?  I have heard that they have underwater bases, but then AUTEC has them, too!

Do you know when your episode of UFO Hunters will air?
Report Spam   Logged

This power came forth out of the Atlantic Ocean. But afterwards there occurred violent earthquakes and floods; and in a single day and night of misfortune all your warlike men in a body sank into the earth, and the island of Atlantis in like manner disappeared in the depths of the sea.
Greg Little

« Reply #71 on: April 09, 2009, 04:10:40 pm »

DES: I do have the stories about the pyramids off Florida and as I have written I consider them to have some credibility. It is one of those really odd things. The man who originally found and reported the pyramid off Florida, Buster Conway, was never able to find it again and it greaty vexed him. So what I guess is that what he unexpectedly found was something that was "temporary." Might have been a lost load of the blocks used to build the artificial reefs and they were either picked up and dredged later by the construction crews or maybe they gradually spread out/sunk in the sandy bottom as storms and currents moved them around. I don't know, that's all speculation. All I do know is we looked in the area where "Buster" related he found it, and found nothing. It is right in the center of the Spanish galleon wrecks, and yes, we saw those both on side-scan sonar and when diving.

Regarding the UFO Hunters episode I did not really talk about underwater UFOs. They were interested in my excursion into the middle of AUTEC at night and what  saw there as well as the Andros Platform. They do have some sort of link they are trying to make between the Bahamas being Atlantis and the many reported sightings of odd craft and lights. We have never seen anything like that there--I wish I had! I don't know when that episode airs.

Greg
Report Spam   Logged
Georgium Sidus

« Reply #72 on: April 09, 2009, 11:53:03 pm »

Greg, I posted your article on SHinn here and also started printing his research papers as well.  The research on his behalf does look a bit sloppy.  How do you account for the picture of the Bimini like blocks close to the island shore, though?  Wouldn't the blocks of Bimini also have to have been above water for the heat of the sun to separate them in the manner that he claims?  Thanks.
Report Spam   Logged
Georgium Sidus

« Reply #73 on: April 09, 2009, 11:56:37 pm »

His quote is this: "A psychologist, (see Little [2006], recently joined the ranks of alternate believers. He claims in his website that the author (Shinn) is part of a government conspiracy to prevent people from learning the true origin of the stones."

The actual assertion I made has nothing to do with government conspiracy nor was that made.

Of course, this is a common claim that people tend to use to try and discredit people, make them look like a mere "conspiracy theorist." 
Report Spam   Logged
Greg Little

« Reply #74 on: April 10, 2009, 02:32:41 pm »

GSidus: There are many beachrock formations in the Bahamas and off Florida. Depending on what area you photograph it can superficially look like the Bimini Road. Natural beachrock always tilts toward deep water and has one and only one layer. Shinn (Sea Frontiers) found that 50% of the Bimini Road stones were level, about 25% tilted toward deep water and 25% tilted toward land. He proved by those results it was not natural. In addition, there are many many areas of the Bimini Road with 2-3-4 tiers or layers of stone blocks.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 16   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: