Atlantis Online
April 16, 2024, 06:25:55 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 'Europe's oldest city' found in Cadiz
http://mathaba.net/rss/?x=566660

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

'MYSTERY QUEST'- Drs. Greg & Lora Little's Series On History Channel

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 'MYSTERY QUEST'- Drs. Greg & Lora Little's Series On History Channel  (Read 14288 times)
mdsungate

Hermes, Gateway of the Sun

« Reply #165 on: December 04, 2009, 12:47:27 am »

Smiley  I’m not surprised by that Nikas.  I’ve had a book called “We are the Earthquake Generation” “ Where and When the Catastrophes Will Strike, a Psychic-Scientific Prediction by Jeffrey Goodman”,  sitting on my shelves since it was published in 1978. 

He links Mt. Etna as one of two world indicators of impending global earthquakes.  There is apparently a pattern and it starts with the eruption of Mt. Etna, followed by another volcano in the Pacific, (I’ll have to look at which one,.. Pele I think).   At any rate Mt. Etna is a prime indicator in the global scheme of things.
Give me some time to review those links.  And Mt. Etna being born in 9,600 B.C. is more fuel to the fire, (and no I didn't know that).  I'm not sure exactly what happened in 9,600 B.C., but it was a very big global event.  Asteroid strike?  The Mayan's claim that the moon first appeared in the sky around then?  What ever it was reeked havoc on Earth, that's for sure.
 Wink
Mike
Report Spam   Logged

Hermes Trismegistus:  “As above, so below.”
nikas
« Reply #166 on: December 04, 2009, 08:46:49 am »

Well mdsungate, my research is based on serious academic facts and not psychic speculations. I, myself, do not believe in Psychic medium….paranoia. All these predictions come after the event have happened. I want one of these guys to come right now and predict something in real life. Then I would believe them.
Anyway, as I was saying, the Malta Basin is so unstable I can’t believe there is still life in there. Islands pop-up because of volcanic activity and disappear again as a result of erosion. If you check it out with Google earth you would see the large amount of mud scattered all over the place. You can tell by looking at it that a catastrophe of large proportions must have taken place.
And yes, Mount Etna is the most active volcano in Europe and don’t forget that there are more myths about “her” than any other volcano in the world.
Even if we ignore all the geological facts just by reading Plato in Greek, one can pinpoint Atlantis exactly near Malta. What’s all this about Atlantic Ocean? And also Global Atlantis? They’re primitive society with respect to our modern standards. Spears and Horses…that’s what Plato talks about it. In Contrast, Casey is talking about Crystals and flying ships. That’s it! That’s the point when you run way from that GUY’s predictions.
Let me give you an example of LOST IN TRANSLATION case when you translate from Greek to English.
EXAMPLE:  (Modern Greek) I Ameriki (America) exi(Has) kataktisi(conquered) ton(the) KOSMO (Cosmos?!)!
EXAMPLE: (Modern English) America has conquered the ….Cosmos (?)
Of course right now I know what they mean by this sentence Cosmos in Modern Greek means just the today’s known world. JUST planet EARTH!
But if you guys didn’t have my help and tried to use perseus to translate it you would probably conclude that America has conquered COSMOS (The universe!)
You see how easy is to get confused? Think about it Greg!
Report Spam   Logged
Manutius

I pray that God's an atheist

« Reply #167 on: December 04, 2009, 04:39:37 pm »

Fossils in intertidal zones go back hundreds and hundreds of millions of years. If there was no moon, there was no tide and no life and no fossils. It was in fact, the intertidal zone where the first terrestrial plants and animals evolved before leaving the sea and colonizing land.

We owe our very evolutionary existence to the moon.

Report Spam   Logged

Shoot the homeless.
strages consanguinei me vos canis
mdsungate

Hermes, Gateway of the Sun

« Reply #168 on: December 04, 2009, 07:01:21 pm »

Smiley  I like the avatar and it’s tag, Manutius.  But the Shoot the homeless signature is kind of harsh.  (I hope that’s humor and not social commentary.)  Welcome to the forums, where we all can find a home.

I’m not sure I agree with: 

We owe our very evolutionary existence to the moon. 

But then I’m not exactly a fan of evolution and neither am I one to take the Bible literally.  I’m just not inclined to go along with the crowd on an 150 year old theory that has not one shred of evidence, and yet poses as a fact when it is anything but.  It's too soon to tell, but I think that science will find that comets contain primative one celled life forms, and viruses in their frozen water.  The traditional ancient view of comets is that they were harbingers of disease, and when they were seen it meant that a plague was eminant. So I'm more inclined to believe that life "evolved"" or was created elsewhere.

As for the moon appearing 14,000 years ago, we’ll have to consult the Mayan priests.  That’s what they believed, I’m just relaying information.  So when you go to see “2012” in the theatres this month, you might want to keep that in mind, LOL.

Quote from Nikas:

I, myself, do not believe in Psychic medium….paranoia. All these predictions come after the event have happened.

I know you’re not the biggest Cayce fan here at AO, LOL.  But if you want to know where Greg is coming from, perhaps you should look into Cayce’s track record.  I’ve followed the precictions in “We are the Earthquake Generation” since the 1970ies, and he’s not close enough to the mark.  Cayce on the other hand in no mere physic, and never claimed to be one.  And as for his record of prediction, the Bimini Wall was discovered just at the time he said that parts of Atlantis would be found.  So therein lies Greg’s fascination with that place. 

Another Quote from Nikas:

What’s all this about Atlantic Ocean? And also Global Atlantis? They’re primitive society with respect to our modern standards. Spears and Horses…that’s what Plato talks about

Cayce and Plato are not the only sources of this legend.  The ancient Hindu and Buddhist texts, (which predate Plato’s account), describe not one but two island continents, both of which sank into the oceans of the Atlantic and the Pacific.  Those texts describe fantastic weapons and horrific wars between the two ancient powers. Those stories read like a science fiction rivaling anything written today.  In those writings flying air ships, (Virmani), are not only described but one text is actually a flight manual of how to control the craft.

Although these writings are dismissed as impossible religious fables, they do talk about the very same legend of an aggressive technologically advanced people on an island continent in the Atlantic ocean with global domination on their minds.  It is quite possible that Plato was familiar with these very same texts, and put them down in terms that his audience could understand and relate to.  Perhaps he thought the Greeks wouldn't buy the flying airships part, LOL.
 Wink
Mike
Report Spam   Logged

Hermes Trismegistus:  “As above, so below.”
Manutius

I pray that God's an atheist

« Reply #169 on: December 04, 2009, 07:30:02 pm »

Evolution is not something to "believe in". That is not how science works. To say you do not believe in evolution is like saying that you do not believe in gravity.

There is overwhelming evidence for evolution. To say there is not a shred of evidence is not only wrong but demonstrates naivety. Don't take that personally please because I appreciate that you are curious about the world and are looking for answers. By all means, read what the cranks and crazies have to say but do not read them without reading what expert scientists say so that you do not cheat yourself out of a good education.

The field of genetics is entirely predicated upon evolution. Genetics is in fact the real evolutionary battleground where genes, (the immortal portion of every living thing) wage all out warfare against each other. And genetics is a hard, definitive and entirely quantitative science.

I have already proved that the moon has been around for billions of years because of the fossil record. The Mayans are a recent group of people who have not even been around for a thousand years let alone 11,600.

I absolutely discount any so called evidence presented by a psychic. Nothing Cayce has said has ever been proven and the only justification I can think of for even following up what Cayce has said would be to demonstrate the silliness and futility of following or believing in psychics. Psychics prey on the weak and gullible.

My "Shoot the Homeless" line is serious not humourous and it requires that you think a little deeper. It requires that you actually look in the mirror. I could say more but I would rather you experience the revelation rather than me explain it to you.

OK. A lot said. I am not new to this forum but have been around almost since its inception though I was banned from here for a long time. I was banned because I destroyed another forum called Atlantis Rising not for any misbehaviour on this forum.

Report Spam   Logged

Shoot the homeless.
strages consanguinei me vos canis
nikas
« Reply #170 on: December 04, 2009, 09:29:42 pm »

You know mdsungate, I was about to answer your questions but Manutius “read” my mind and gave you even a better answer. I don’t think I can top that.

I have known Manutius for a few years now and I can say for certain that it is the most educated member of any forum that I have ever been part off.

One thing I don’t understand, how come he or she never talks about Malta theory. It would be an honor to get an HONEST opinion. For some reason he/she? [Ahaha]…has scrutinized almost every theory out there…but never spoke about Malta Huh.

As for those Indian legends you’re talking about mdsungate, if they’re true why does it have to be Atlantis? I have read few of them and they sound nothing like Plato’s description.

At the end of the day we have a description from Plato. I read it in Ancient Greek and I pinpoint what he is describing. Without speculating or changing the facts. And I am telling you that he is describing the place near Malta. What you guys talking about has neither the dimensions nor the description given by Plato. I repeat once again, if you don’t read it in Greek you wasting your time Undecided.

P.S Manutius you’re wrong on one thing…George Diaz Montexano brought down AR Grin.
Report Spam   Logged
Renaud

« Reply #171 on: December 04, 2009, 11:31:55 pm »

The Mayans are a recent group of people who have not even been around for a thousand years let alone 11,600.

Actually, that's wrong.  The Mayans have been around, at minimum for nearly five thousand years.  Their earliest settlement, at Cuello in Belize has been carbon dated to around 2600 BC.  As for the Mayan Calendar, it commences on a date equivalent to 11 August, 3114 BC.  I don't know where you got the idea that the Mayans have been around for less than a 1,000 years, but its wrong.
Report Spam   Logged
Renaud

« Reply #172 on: December 04, 2009, 11:44:02 pm »

I have known Manutius for a few years now and I can say for certain that it is the most educated member of any forum that I have ever been part off.

If he is so educated, why was he wrong about the Mayans?  Also, you misspelled "of."
Report Spam   Logged
Renaud

« Reply #173 on: December 04, 2009, 11:45:15 pm »

What you guys talking about has neither the dimensions nor the description given by Plato.

And Malta does?  It is infinitesimally small compared to the lands described by Plato.
Report Spam   Logged
Renaud

« Reply #174 on: December 04, 2009, 11:47:38 pm »

Nothing Cayce has said has ever been proven

That's wrong, too, Manutius.  He has been cited to have a 90% accuracy rating. But common sense should inform everyone here that, if Cayce was supposedly wrong about everything, as you suggest, people would have stopped listening to him.
Report Spam   Logged
Renaud

« Reply #175 on: December 04, 2009, 11:48:35 pm »

The mere fact that Cayce is being followed, sixty-five years after his death, is testimony to his accuracy.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 11:55:02 pm by Renaud » Report Spam   Logged
Renaud

« Reply #176 on: December 04, 2009, 11:51:18 pm »

My "Shoot the Homeless" line is serious not humourous and it requires that you think a little deeper.

Considering he quality of person made homeless in this recession (no loner drunks or the mentally disabled, but people who simply lost their jobs, and then their homes), we are quite lucky that they don't shoot us. 
Report Spam   Logged
Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #177 on: December 05, 2009, 01:19:13 am »

Who were you over at AR Manutius?
My "Shoot the Homeless" line is serious not humourous and it requires that you think a little deeper.
Deeper than what?  It's a pretty direct statement.

Renaud, welcome to the forum.  Not to be picky or anything, but we normally ignore spelling mistakes around here.  Let me tell you, if people were banned for bad spelling, there wouldn't BE a forum!!  By the way - the is spelled t-h-e. Tongue

Actually- none of the theories put forward, can make all of Plato's story, fit.  Especially the time lines.  They don't fit, because it is just a story.  Nikas, if you could make all the pieces fit somehow, it would be a miracle.  You can't show that there were ships plying the waters of the Med 9000 years before Solon.  You can't prove there was any organized city or state that had the knowledge and cohesiveness to establish a trained army.  You can't prove that there were chariots in the proper time frame.  You can't say the decimal was misplaced and Atlantis had perished 900 years before Solon, because the Greeks didn't write in numerals, they spelled the numbers out as in - nine thousand.  And even if it perished 900 years before Solon, that is not so long in the past that others would have forgotten about such a powerful people.  

Report Spam   Logged

An open-minded view of the past allows for an unprejudiced glimpse into the future.

Logic rules.

"Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong."
Elf

« Reply #178 on: December 05, 2009, 02:25:38 am »

Just because you think that all the pieces don't fit, Qoais, doesn't mean it is the case.  All it means is that we haven't yet found the pieces.

What is archaeology?  It isn't an accurate and complete record of what has been left behind, it is the detritus of what has been left behind. Our own civiilization would fare just as poorly after ten thousand years.  Chariots are pretty easy to create, I wouldn't be surprised if they had them back in 10,000 bc.  As for ships, well, we know they had them.  Australia was colonized at about 30,000 bc, by sea-farers.  Land masses were much bigger during the Ice Age, and Solon didn't need to be accurate, provided he got the story off of a pillar at Neith.

Atlantis is only an incredible place if you expect it to have spaceships, crystals and stuff. Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged
Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #179 on: December 05, 2009, 11:04:43 am »

Actually, Atlantis would be an incredible place if it had Triremes in 10,000 BC.  Plato said there were Triremes in the harbour.  To keep believing in Atlantis, one has to start distorting what Plato said.  To have Triremes in the harbor at that date, you must realize that there would have had to be a history of ship building way before that, for them to have advanced to the Trireme stage.  There is no evidence for such ships.

I dare say that Australia was attached to the mainland some 30,000 years ago.  The ocean didn't rise over night, so I'm thinking that as the people saw the waters rising more and more, they devised ways and means to get to the Australian portion as the water rose.  Necessity is the mother of invention - if it was necessary to travel back and forth it's logical they would devise a method to do so, and then improvements would be made to that method, so it does not surprise me to know they had a crude type of floating vessel.  But they certainly didn't have Triremes. I personally think that the Egyptians sailed to Australia but that's another subject and it's under debate!!

Chariots may have been easy to make, but it's the hub that was the difficulty as well as the wheel. 

The chariot

History

Chariots seem to have originated in Mesopotamia in the third millennium BCE. The highly mobile two-wheeled war chariot carrying a driver and an archer armed with a short compound bow revolutionized military tactics after 1700 BCE. This expensive weapon spread throughout the Middle East and is thought to have reached Egypt with the Hyksos who took over Lower Egypt, though there is no factual evidence to support this view. It spread into Asia Minor, Greece and was known in Northern Europe by 1500 BCE. With the advent of cavalry riding on horseback it lost most of its military importance by 1000 BCE.
    The Egyptian chariot betrayed its Asiatic origin in a number of ways, by the names of its parts which were Semitic and by its decorations which often took the form of date palm branches or animals opposing each other, both Syrian motifs.
Design

The Egyptians improved the design of the chariot by making it lighter, changing the position of the chariot's axle so that the driver would stand closer to it and covering parts of the axle with metal in order to reduce the friction between it and the wooden wheelhub. Some wooden parts were strengthened by covering them with metal sleeves. These changes lightened the load on the horses and greatly improved their performance.

Saddle-pads were placed on the horses' backs and the yoke was attached to them.  Leather girths around the horses' chests and bellies prevented them from slipping. A single shaft attached to the yoke pulled the chariots.
    The chariot was built of pieces of wood which had been bent into the required shape by heating them (immersing them in boiling hot water for several hours is not recorded but may well have been used), bending them and then letting them dry. Various kinds of wood were used, some of which had to be imported: elm, ash for the axles and sycamore for the footboard.

http://reshafim.org.il/ad/egypt/timelines/topics/chariot.htm

I researched this subject once before and I think the oldest remains of any chariot or wheeled vehicle was 5000 years old.  There's nothing in the ancient writings about them before that either.

Land masses weren't bigger in the ice age, but perhaps you're thinking they were more accessible due to the ice joining them together or making them appear closer together?
Report Spam   Logged

An open-minded view of the past allows for an unprejudiced glimpse into the future.

Logic rules.

"Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong."
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: