Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 09:17:38 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ARE Search For Atlantis 2007 Results
http://mysterious-america.net/bermudatriangle0.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

FEATURE: A SUMMER AT WORLD TRADE CENTER TWO, AND WHAT IT MEANS FOR THE WORLD

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FEATURE: A SUMMER AT WORLD TRADE CENTER TWO, AND WHAT IT MEANS FOR THE WORLD  (Read 119 times)
Sniper

« on: March 07, 2009, 02:56:30 am »

FEATURE:
A SUMMER AT WORLD TRADE CENTER TWO,
AND WHAT IT MEANS FOR THE WORLD

© 1999 by Peter Duveen
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Sniper

« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2009, 02:57:05 am »

It is five years since the disaster that took down the two office towers of the World Trade Center and a number of surrounding structures. Such was the fate of buildings that were controversial from the planning stages on, and that were often in financial trouble. For years it was hard to keep them rented out, technological marvels that they were. And the Trade Center towers supplanted numerous other structures that represented an important part of New York City life and history. While under construction, they left a virtual hole in lower Manhattan for many years, thus taking that real estate out of productive activity. All in all, the pluses were easily balanced by the minuses, and the final outcome–that they were taken out in an allegedly terrorist attack–cannot be a surprise. It is part of the their destiny, conceived as they were by the prince of taxpayer ripoffs and international affairs meddlers, David Rockefeller.

Despite the fact that my childhood was impacted by these brutish structures having displaced the haunts in the city that I so loved to visit, I ended up working in them from time to time. In the summer of 1999, I did a stint for Fuji Bank, located on the 79th floor of the South Tower where, it so happens, the second aircraft found a place to snuggle its nose before emerging, albeit pulverized, at its exit point on the other side of the building. At that point, only a few remained on the floor, probably those who in the past did not take seriously the fire drills held periodically by Fuji, in which an entire floor of the company would evacuate the building. These stalwarts paid with their lives. The real heroes of 9/11 were those who had the presence of mind to leave the building as quickly as possible, for each of them were able to save one person–themselves.
Report Spam   Logged
Sniper

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2009, 02:57:46 am »

A view from the 79th Floor of the South Tower of the World Trade Center                                                                                                   © 1999 by Peter Duveen
Report Spam   Logged
Sniper

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2009, 02:58:07 am »

Part of the volumes of paper that were scattered about the New York City area in the aftermath of the disaster were papers that I handled or filed. While working there, I had an amiable boss named Michael. Michael’s department reported on the financial condition of hundreds of companies that Fuji Bank had lent money to, in order to assess the ability to these companies to pay back the loans or take on more debt. A lot of lovely people, both men and women, worked on the floor, and I had fallen into the task that summer of distributing material, preparing correspondence, and other such seemingly menial chores, and by doing so, earning some quick bucks to apply toward completing graduate school.
During my stay there, I remember participating in a fire drill. The drills were taken seriously. The World Trade Center had been bombed once, and all of its occupants saw the building, and themselves, as future terrorist targets. As a result, when the day came that we were to practice an evacuation, everyone, as best as I could determine, participated.

We gathered in the hallway, and then proceeded to walk down 79 flights and out the building into the fresh air. Later, when I heard that so many people had left the building unscathed on the day of 9/11, it didn’t surprise me, as the training had been so thorough, at least for those in Fuji Bank and on my floor in particular In fact, the 9-11 commission report mentions these drills in a positive light:

Some civilians have told us that their evacuation on September 11 was greatly aided by changes and training implemented by the Port Authority in response to the 1993 bombing. But during these drills, civilians were not directed into the stairwells....

Ah, but we were directed to the stairwells, because we walked down 79 flights of stairs!!!

The 9-11 Commission, in another staff document, targets this question more specifically.

In no case to our knowledge, did any tenant in the WTC practice a drill where the employees walked down the stairs and exited the building.

Well, they cover themselves by adding “to our knowledge,” but it is interesting that this possibility was important enough to include in the document without actually finding out what had happened.
Report Spam   Logged
Sniper

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2009, 02:58:46 am »

Another view from the South Tower of the World Trade Center                                                                                                    © 1999 by Peter Duveen

Report Spam   Logged
Sniper

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2009, 02:59:19 am »

In a sense, the fact that the building had been virtually evacuated in a short time, saving the overwhelming majority of people below the points where the planes hit each building, was a story that was glossed over in the press. The press, oddly, did not want to emphasize how the “terrorists” had been cheated of inflicting the terrible casualty numbers that was undoubtedly their intention. Yes, it seemed that every effort was made to underscore the death toll, and neglect those who had survived.

At the time of the disaster, I was a reporter at an upstate New York newspaper, and I was fixated by the possibility of estimating the casualties by considering the number of people that commonly occupied the buildings during the summer months, and the number of floors that were damaged. Having participated in an evacuation exercise in one of the towers, I was also focused on the story of how successful the evacuation effort was. But the media ignored this, and the small paper that I worked on had no direct coverage of the World Trade Center disaster.

Then there was the well-known story of how people were told to go back to work after the first plane struck the North Tower, and how some Fuji employees borded the elevators to return to their desks, and to a certain death only moments later as the second plane struck. This ghastly episode was reported in the New York Times. Whose voice it was over the loud speaker that directed people to return to work is one of the great unanswered questions.

Then we know that after the collapse of the towers, then Environmental Protection Agency director Christy Todd Whitman told those working at the disaster site that the air was perfectly safe to breathe. Of course this goes against everything even children know. Anyone who takes such a comment seriously almost deserves whatever happens to them. But then again, sometimes such comments are just enough to disarm a legitimate concern and prevent even concerned people from taking proper precautions.

Then again, the fire and police departments rushed personnel to the site, without recognizing the danger to their own men and women.

In the end, it occurred to me that there was this unstated desire to have the World Trade Center disaster appear as horrible as possible, even if it meant packing people into it, even if it meant damaging the workers that were trying to help in the search for bodies and the cleanup. Even if it meant covering up the fact that many thousands of people were successfully evacuated from the buildings before they collapsed.

To this may be added many other interesting facts relating to the 9/11 disaster, such as:

That the list of terrorist suspects suddenly appeared almost immediately after the disaster happened.  If the government knew who the suspects were so quickly, doesn’t that beg the question of whether they could have stopped it?

That the towers themselves fell, collapsed, virtually disappeared into a pile of rubble, a truly unbelievable and startling event.

That Dick Cheney announced that the world would never be the same after 9/11, a script he has repeated up to the present day. Who is he to tell us that the world will never be the same? How does he know the future, unless he intended to use this event as a pretext to mold it to conform to some unstated policy goals?

One could go on, but there are sites already devoted to this type of analysis, and I would direct the reader to these sites and encourage the reader to investigate them.  POSTED 9/11/2006
http://www.petersnewyork.com/
Report Spam   Logged
Sniper

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2009, 03:04:24 am »

A snippet that bears on the "demolition" theory of 9-11

I was browsing the web regarding 9-11, and came upon a very interesting story. An employee of Fuji Bank who worked on the upper floors of the World Trade Center II was one of those who was sent back up the elevator by security guards after the first plane struck. He was actually on one of the floors that were directly hit by the second airplane. He was helped out by someone else who worked in the building. Otherwise he would have probably died.

I myself worked on the same floor or floors in the summer of 1999, and you can see on this website some of the pictures I took at that time from the windows of WTC 2.

So I found the story of  Stanley Praimnath (who I may well have run into while I was working there) riveting. Ken Walker authored an account of his ordeal for Today's Christian, which may be found at http://www.christianitytoday.com/tc/2002/005/2.28.html.

Praimnath may have participated in the same fire drill that I participated in in 1999, where we all walked out the building from the 79th floor. Anyway, his story is very much worth reading.

What startled me, however, is the description Mr. Walker gives of Mr. Praimnath's account of the falling of the towers. I'll quote:

"Two blocks later, they [Stanley and the man who rescued him] stopped outside historic Trinity Church and grasped its gates. Soon, they watched in horror as the South Tower wobbled and shook ominously. Flares of smoky debris shot from the building like Roman candles. Then, finally, the South Tower—the building in which Praimnath had just stood minutes earlier— began to fall upon itself. Only 47 minutes had passed between the plane's impact and the tower's collapse."

THE SOUTH TOWER WOBBLED AND SHOOK OMINOUSLY. FLARES OF SMOKY DEBRIS SHOT FROM THE BUILDING LIKE ROMAN CANDLES....THEN .....THE SOUTH TOWER...BEGAN TO FALL UPON ITSELF.

I think this description is quite interesting, because, as this article was written just a year after 9-11, there were only a few who were promulgating the theory that the towers fell by controlled demolition, rather than the weakening of the structures due to the impact of the planes and the fire that ensued. But this description is eerily consistent with a controlled demolition.

1. The South Tower wobbled and shook ominously.
2. Flares of smoky debris shot from the building like roman candles.
3.The south tower began to fall upon itself.

That's a pretty good chronology. You draw your own conclusions.

posted 7/18/2007
http://www.petersnewyork.com/TOWERS.html
« Last Edit: March 07, 2009, 03:05:10 am by Sniper » Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: