Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 07:35:08 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Secrets of ocean birth laid bare 
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/5191384.stm#graphic

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

ANCIENT FLYING MACHINES

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ANCIENT FLYING MACHINES  (Read 7399 times)
BlueHue
Superhero Member

il mio va Piano, sono Asino ?

« Reply #75 on: July 02, 2007, 02:50:41 pm »

What do you think, Sungate?
.  The silicon transistor was suddenly introduced a few months after the Roswell crash.  It had had no developmental stage, it simply appeared to replace the vacuum tube which had taken 50 years to develop. legends to attest to this.  How did he learn how to do this?  The same way we have, by trail and error.  What happened to all this knowledge and why didn’t they pass it down to us?  So in short, welcome to the Virmani school of thought. full of wonder! Smiley

Smiley   DEAR  - Ancient Sungate-Technician,

Computers,  simulation of Vimana's what will we see next ??   Ripley's Believe-it-or-not ??
Nice article though,  Post, nr. 77 , would you also comment please, on Article Post No.. 76  >>   , in this same THREAD???

Thank You.  " BlueHue "
  Grin  dd. July- 2-  2007
« Last Edit: July 02, 2007, 03:05:43 pm by BlueHue » Report Spam   Logged

( Blue's)THEORY, locating"original" Atlantis( in Aden-Yemen.)
1: ATLANTIS =Fake=Latin name, original Greek: ATHE(=a Region in Aden)
2: Atlantic-OCEAN=Greek: RIVER-of-Atlas+also" Known "World-OCEAN(=Red-Sea)
3: Greek-obsolete-Numeral 'X' caused Plato's Atlantisdate:9000=900
Tom Hebert
Superhero Member

« Reply #76 on: July 02, 2007, 03:30:09 pm »

BlueHue,

I confess that I must agree with you that the earliest flying machines probably did use animal skins and gases.

Later, as technology improved, they were able to use sophisticated metal alloys to build aircraft that were propelled by some form of electromagnetism possibly in combination with cosmic radiation.

Yes, I've read that. And your point? I was expressing my amazement at the amount of material Bianca was posting. She understood that. Did you?

DEAR CTCAT ,& Bianca & QUAIS, 

Bianca's contribution was AMAZING indeed, and her 10 quotationed-booklist recent and impressive, in connection, MY POINT was that in Myth and Bible there ARE indications of FLYING  VIMANA's, so far so good but on the point of Chemical Propulsion I, MUST DISAPPOINT you BOTH.

These VIMANAs were clearly NOT vehicles of PEACE and one would expect ythem to have been used at the  described Time-Line, but no contemporally MURALS with the VIMANA's were ever found.

Also in Egypt atleast no MURALS with Elephants and Giraffes were found, not because they were not there but because of a general TABOO on 'secret'weapons of War as a battle Elephant also was a military Equipment. . .

In Egypt were enough tradeships that carried Elephants and Giraffes but even when Egypt's enemies used Battle-Elephants Tese were not recorded on tombmurals, as-if- the Elephant in Egypt was either invisible ort did not exist( "Invisible means Taboed.)

Thus the existence of VIMANAs were NOT recorded at the contemporary time but only hundreds of years AFTER they were used in a Civil War in the ANCIENT Near-East.

When I mentioned VIMANA-Flying ( Greek-)Gods and Goddesses that are said to have Flown then, a  Strange coincidence has it, that it is ALWAYS with a combination of GOAT skin or PIGSKIN or Elephantbladder Skin, which would suggest a hotair balloon apart from a combustive propulsion-solution

By reading the Rig-VEDA Puranas we may conclude that INDIA is the basis of VIMANA-Flying, but that is NOT so,  because we have NO contemporary pictures of the aforesaid VIMANAs, and IF they had existed some High HAND has destroyed them if not white-washed them, alas.

USE of VIMANAs in history:
I happen to know that the Egyptians have once held Babylon and India including Arabia but too short for history to have noticed that.   THIS was the time that Atlantis florished as a dependancy of Egypte( and NOT the otherway around.)and also the time of the greatest use of the VIMANAs( which is a word-corruption of HOT-Air Balloon from Elephant bladder if you'd ask me.

The VIMANAs were much later after the Brahmins took over added as experimental rocket vehicles but originally these BATTLE-Elephant-CARTS were only Flying in the imagination of the ( later-)POËTS.

So my Point was,  that INDIA was Atlantis, they DID use:" Vimanas " but in the original place of ADEN (=land - of- AD, or AT-LANT-is which is in presentday in Yemen.)

Sincerely Cry  " BlueHue Cry   dd. 2- Juli- 2007
Sincerely  Cry " BlueHue ".   Cry
Report Spam   Logged
KTCat

« Reply #77 on: July 02, 2007, 04:06:35 pm »

Well, Sungate, we DO apparently think alike! "One fact convinced me.  The silicon transistor was suddenly introduced a few months after the Roswell crash.  It had had no developmental stage, it simply appeared to replace the vacuum tube which had taken 50 years to develop." Precisely! That is something many of us have been trying to point out for years. The transistor appeared out of nowhere! I can even remember my first transistor radio, and thinking it was very nearly miraculous that I could go herd the sheep and still listen to music at the same time.

Never-the-less, we still have no clue if the Roswell event represented an "extraterrestrial crash" or was that a Vimana brought out of mothballs? I can tell you right now that there is very, very explicit evidence in the Mesopotamian texts indicating that when the later nuclear wars of circa 2000 BC occurred in the Middle East, it was because Enlil and Anu, both of whom have names in the Vedic texts as well, gave the okay to go ahead and pull the "deadly weapons" out of mothballs, which had been stored away since "times of old," according to the texts. Since I can trace the Mesopotamian gods right back to the Aryan Vedic gods, the implications are that somewhere in India, there existed an underground cavern, probably hidden in the Himalayas,  where a stash of nuclear weapons and presumably even vimanas, were secretly being guarded and protected by Brahmin monks from one sect or another. Those weapons had to be utterly ancient even then, because they were apparently the same ones used in the much earlier Vedic wars where all the nuclear devastation was wrought. I am under the impression that those earlier wars had occurred thousands and thousands of years prior to the nuclear wars fought around 2000 BC, but the implications are that those ancient weapons and aircraft were still very operable. And that's kind of spooky, isn't it? Yet the Vimana texts certainly indicate that when the ancients built something, they intended it to last forever, and for all we know, maybe their flying machines and weapons do last forever! Or at least "forever" by our utterly mortal concepts...

At this point in my life, I have to say that I am definitely leaning more to the side where all these strange, strange events seem not necessarily be the product of an extraterrestrial race, but are wrought by men who perhaps fancy themselves as gods, and had access to a paleoancient technology that is still quite capable of operating.

I've heard lots of people say over the years that the UFOs represent beings from an "advanced" civilization, and while it may well be true that their technologies certainly are remarkably superior, from the looks of things their sense of scruples and moral ethics were very nearly bankrupt.

« Last Edit: July 02, 2007, 04:10:09 pm by KTCat » Report Spam   Logged

Live Long and Prosper, but please be kind to each other...
mdsungate

Hermes, Gateway of the Sun

« Reply #78 on: July 02, 2007, 04:15:16 pm »

Dear Tom Hebert1,  I recognize you from the Alantis Rising Forum. Here is a link for The seven Cosmic Laws of Hermes Trismegistos:
www.puramaryam.de/lawhermes.html

Dear Bluehue,  Give me time to catch up on that.  I'm SURE I'll have something to add.  Wow, there's so many discussions here that interest that I am overwhelmed!   Roll Eyes  Great to be here in Atlantis Online!

Report Spam   Logged

Hermes Trismegistus:  “As above, so below.”
KTCat

« Reply #79 on: July 02, 2007, 04:54:47 pm »

Tom and Bluehue,

Yes, there is absolutely evidence that guys were around trying to immolate "the gods." But the men who used hides and were attempting to build hot air balloons, etc. were men who apparently had no connection to the superior aircraft and weapons that were regularly seen in the skies. They were human beings who had long ago lost their grasp upon the technology so apparent in paleoancient times. I have always believed those men were desperately trying to copy the technology of the "gods and angels" they saw regularly flying through the skies. Whatever advanced technology was held by the gods was jealously kept secret from the vast majority of the human race. I don't believe it is correct to think in terms of these two very different kinds of technologies as necessarily  representing what might be thought of as the "logical liner progression of scientific and technological advancement". It's far more indicative that there were "the haves and have nots" , and those people who qualified as "have nots" were people who were simply trying to figure out what the gods were doing. No doubt they tried to use animal skins and elephant bladders to create hot air balloons. Why wouldn't they?

Whoever the gods were, be they extraterrestrial or of human origins, they were a bunch of creeps who waged wars against humans, threatened them, and used horrific technologies to subjugate and control the masses. Many men and women virtually hated the gods, and that doesn't necessarily mean that they hated "God" (with a capital G). It means that the gods were for the most part, horrible to common man, and treated human beings abominably. And doesn't the same type of thing go on to this day? Are there not very primitive and nearly aboriginal races still living, for instance, in the jungles of South America, who have never even seen a white man, or used electricity, or ever hopped a jet to fly to somewhere else? How many Shaman's over the eons of time have dressed themselves in feathers in the attempt to immolate the "big birds" they saw flying at a distance through the skies? It is my belief that from times immemorial there have always been those who have had access to technology, and those who did not. And the texts certainly indicate that  those who had access to the technology had no intention of sharing their secrets with common man. Isn't the same thing going on today? The last time I checked the military certainly didn't look to me like they were going to reveal to the rest of us peons the secrets behind their latest weapons or planes. So how much has really changed? Haven't the most advanced technologies always been held in the hands of the powerful few?
Report Spam   Logged

Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #80 on: July 03, 2007, 11:40:14 am »

From the Libyan Glass Thread:

"The floods extended for Sudas. Indra made them easy to cross. The hostile army, speakers of a new language, the unworthy gained the curse of the rivers. Of evil mind, trying to drain the Earth, the unwise parted the Parushni river. They went to their goal, their defeat on the Parushni. Even the swift did not return. Indra for Sudas, for men, defeated the strong, unfriendly people of false speech." (VII.18.5, 8

I note it says "new language" which may mean exactly that but then it says false speech, which may mean they were worshipping different gods.  So these 10 Kings COULD have been the Atlantean kings.

I know a lot of folks don't believe in the Urantia Book, but it does tie this together, at least to me it does Cheesy

We have 500,000 years since the Planetary Prince arrived here with his staff - people who had all knowledge of the universes.

200,000 years ago, the Prince rebelled - some staff went with him, some did not.  Up until 200,000 years ago, the Prince did not use his ultra knowledge to accomplish things on earth.  He did come to teach, but it was supposed to be a slow method.   However, once the rebellion took place, there would be no limit to what he and his staff could do. 

A brief summary:

Lucifer was our System Sovereign - ruling 607 inhabited worlds.  His right-hand man was Satan, and Daligastia/Caligastia was Planetary Prince. (These "entities always come in pairs)  It was he who rebelled originally, against the God created order.  It was his contention that:
"worship could be accorded the universal forces - physical, intellectual, and spiritual - but that allegiance could be acknowledged only to the actual and present ruler, Lucifer, the "friend of men and angels" and the "God of Liberty".  He promised the planetary princes that they should rule the worlds as supreme executives.

Those who stayed loyal to the Prince and Lucifer, likely just carried on and developed technologies and ruled the world as "gods".  They certainly sound like ego-maniacs.  The ones that stayed true to God the Creator may have maintained the original teachings as we see with the Tibetan Monks.  (Not Brahman or Buddhas)

Report Spam   Logged

An open-minded view of the past allows for an unprejudiced glimpse into the future.

Logic rules.

"Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong."
KTCat

« Reply #81 on: July 03, 2007, 12:50:15 pm »

I think if any group of people probably has the answer to ancient India, it will be found in the Tamil histories, which look like they may will be based upon a history much older than even the Rig Veda. Unlike Sanskrit, Tamil is still a living, spoken language and is in use primarily in the Southern parts of India by the people typically referred to as "Dravidians." These are the poor people who comprise the vast majority of the 200 million people in India called the "untouchables" by the Vedic caste system.

The following site gives you a basic rundown of what the Tamil language and history is all about.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Primary_Classical_Language_of_the_World

I have looked in vain for English translations of the Tamil epics and to date have not found them. They represent the people also referred to as the "Pandyas" in the Tamil language or the "Panis" in the Sanskrit Vedic texts. It's these people who were evidently the big losers in India's ancient war. The Vedic histories were written by the winners of that war, so of course, the spin is going to be in the direction of Indra etc.

But I want to read the histories written by the Losers! Whatever the truth is, we already have access to the Aryan Vedic version of things. I sure want to hear the other side of the story, because I rather suspect that the missing part of history that we are all looking for was written by the losers of the ancient wars.

Also, though this isn't the thread for it, I can tell you right now that in the Edfu texts, the god system that originally occupied the old Rostau, which is Giza, was called the "p-n god," and he and his descendants were all killed off in an ancient war that ultimately ended in a big flood.

Since the texts imply that it was Vedic India that settled both Sumer and Egypt and they hated the Pandya/Panis, I think I am justified in asking if the "p-n god" described in the Edfu texts stood for Pandya/Panis and were they the ones who originally occupied Giza?

Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #82 on: July 04, 2007, 02:33:36 pm »

Ancient Writings tell of UFO visit in 4,000 B.C.
Contributed by John Burrows

http://www.ufobbs.com/txt3/2124.ufo

India, according to Dr.V. Raghavan, retired head of the Sanskrit department of India`s pretigious University of Madras, was alone in playing host to extraterrestrials in prehistory. Dr. Raghavan contends that centuries-old documents in Sanskrit (the classical language of India and Hinduism) prove that aliens from outer space visited his nation. "Fifty years of researching this ancient works convinces me that there are livings beings on other planets, and that they visited earth as far back as4,000 B.C., " The scholar says. "There is a just a mass of fascinating information about flying machines, even fantastic science fiction weapons, that can be found in translations of the Vedas (scriptures), Indian epics, and other ancient Sanskrit text. "In the Mahabharata (writings), there is notion of divine lighting and ray weapons, even a kind of hypnotic weapon. And in the Ramayana (writings), there is a description of Vimanas, or flying machines, that navigated at great heights with the aid of quicksilver and a great propulsive wind. "These were space vehicles similar to the so-called flying saucers reported throughout the world today.

The Ramayana even describes a beautiful chariot which 'arrived shining, a wonderful divine car that sped through the air'. In another passage, there is mention of a chariot being seen 'sailing overhead like a moon.' "The references in the Mahabharata are no less astounding: `

At Rama`s behest, the magnificent chariot rose up to a mountain of cloud with a tremendous din.` Another passage reads: `Bhima flew with his Vimana on an enormous ray which was as brilliant as the sun and made a noise like the thunder of a storm." In the ancient Vymanka-Shastra (science of aeronautics), there is a description of a Vimana: "An apparatus which can go by its own force, from one place to place or globe to globe." Dr. Raghavan points out, "The text`s revelations become even more astounding. Thirty-one parts-of which the machine consists-are described, including a photographing mirror underneath. The text also enumerates 16 kinds of metal that are needed to construct the flying vehicle: `Metals suitable, lighare 16 kinds. `But only three of them are known to us today. The rest remain untranslatable." Another authority who agrees with Dr. Raghavan`s interpretations is Dr. A.V. Krishna Murty, professor of aeronautics at the Indian Institute of Science in Bangalore. "It is true," Dr. Krishna Murty says, "that the ancient Indian Vedas and other text refer to aeronautics, spaceships, flying machines, ancient astronauts. "A study of the Sanskrit texts has convinced me that ancient India did know the secret of building flying machines-and that those machines were patterned after spaceships coming from other planets."

The Vedic traditions of India tell us that we are now in the Fourth Age of mankind. The Vedas call them the "The Golden Age", "The Silver Age", and "The Bronze Age" and we are now, according to their scriptures in the "The Iron Age". As we approach the end of the 20th century both Native Americans, Mayans, and Incans, prophecies claim that we are coming to the end of an age. Sanskrit texts are filled with references to Gods who fought battles in the sky using Vihmanas equipped with weapons as deadly as any we can deploy in these more enlightened times.

For example, there is a passage in the Ramayana which reads:

The Puspaka car that resembles the Sun and belongs to my brother was brought by the powerful Ravan; that aerial and excellent car going everywhere at will.... that car resembling a bright cloud in the sky.".. and the King [Rama] got in, and the excellent car at the command of the Raghira, rose up into the higher atmosphere."

In the Mahabharata, an ancient Indian poem of enormous length, we learn that an individual named Asura Maya had a Vimana measuring twelve cubits in circumference, with four strong wheels. The poem is a veritable gold mine of information relating to conflicts between gods who settled their differences apparently using weapons as lethal as the ones we are capable of deploying.

Apart from 'blazing missiles', the poem records the use of other deadly weapons. 'Indra's Dart' operated via a circular 'reflector'. When switched on, it produced a 'shaft of light' which, when focused on any target, immediately 'consumed it with its power'. In one particular exchange, the hero, Krishna, is pursuing his enemy, Salva, in the sky, when Salva's Vimana, the Saubha is made invisiblein some way. Undeterred, Krishna immediately fires off a special weapon: 'I quickly laid on an arrow, which killed by seeking out sound'.

Many other terrible weapons are described, quite matter of factly, in the Mahabharata, but the most fearsome of all is the one used against the Vrishis. The narrative records:

Gurkha flying in his swift and powerful Vimana hurled against the three cities of the Vrishis and Andhakas a single projectile charged with all the power of the Universe. An incandescent column of smoke and fire, as brilliant as ten thousands suns, rose in all its splendor. It was the unknown weapon, the Iron Thunderbolt, a gigantic messenger of death which reduced to ashesthe entire race of the Vrishnis and Andhakas.

It is important to note, that these kinds of records are not isolated. They can be cross-correlated with similar reports in other ancient civilizations.

The after-affects of this Iron Thunderbolt have anonymously recognizable ring. Apparently, those killed by it were so burnt that their corpses were unidentifiable. The survivors fared little ether, as it caused their hair and nails to fall out. Perhaps the most disturbing and challenging, information about these allegedly mythical Vimanas in the ancient records is that there are some matter-of-fact records, describing how to build one. In their way, the instructions are quite precise. In the Sanskrit Samaraanganasutraadhaara it is written:

Strong and durable must the body of the Vimana be made, like a great flying bird of light material. Inside one must put the mercury engine with its iron heating apparatus underneath. By means of the power latent in the mercury which sets the driving whirlwind in motion, a man sitting inside may travel a great distance in the sky. The movements of the Vimana are such that it can vertically ascend, vertically descend, move slanting forwards and backwards. With the help of the machines human beings can fly in the air and heavenly beings can come down to earth.

The Hakatha (Laws of the Babylonians) states quite unambiguously: The privilege of operating a flying machine is great. The knowledge of flight is among the most ancient of our inheritances. A gift from 'those from upon high'. We received it from them as a means of saving many lives.

More fantastic still is the information given in the ancient Chaldean work, The Sifrala, which contains over one hundred pages of technical details on building a flying machine. It contains words which translate as graphite rod, copper coils, crystal indicator, vibrating spheres, stable angles, etc. 'Ancient Indian Aircraft Technology' From The Anti-Gravity Handbook by D. Hatcher Childress.

Many researchers into the UFO enigma tend to overlook a very important fact. While it assumed that most flying saucers are of alien, or perhaps Governmental Military origin, another possible origin of UFOs is ancient India and Atlantis. What we know about ancient Indian flying vehicles comes from ancient Indian sources; written texts that have come down to us through the centuries. There is no doubt that most of these texts are authentic; many arethe well known ancient Indian Epics themselves, and there are literally hundreds of them. Most of them have not even been translated into English yet from the old sanskrit.

The Indian Emperor Ashoka started a "Secret Society of the Nine Unknown Men": great Indian scientists who were supposed to catalogue the many sciences. Ashoka kept their work secret because he was afraid that the advanced science catalogued by these men, culled from ancient Indian sources, would be used for the evil purpose of war, which Ashoka was strongly against, having beenconverted to Buddhism after defeating a rival army in a bloody battle. The"Nine Unknown Men" wrote a total of nine books, presumably one each. Book number was "The Secrets of Gravitation!" This book, known to historians, but not actually seen by them dealt chiefly with "gravity control." It is presumably still around somewhere, kept in a secret library in India, Tibet or else where (perhaps even in North America somewhere). One can certainly understand Ashoka's reasoning for wanting to keep such knowledge a secret, assuming it exists. Ashoka was also aware of devastating wars using such advanced vehicles and other "futuristic weapons" that had destroyed the ancient Indian "Rama Empire" several thousand years before.

Only a few years ago, the Chinese discovered some Sanskrit documents in Lhasa, Tibet and sent them to the University of Chandrigarh to be translated. Dr. Ruth Reyna of the University said recently that the documents contain directions for building interstellar spaceships! Their method of propulsion, she said, was "anti- gravitational" and was based upon a system analogous to that of "laghima," the unknown power of the ego existing in man's physiological makeup, "a centrifugal force strong enough tocounteract all gravitational pull." According to Hindu Yogis, it is this "laghima" which enables a person to levitate. Dr. Reyna said that on board these machines, which were called "Astras" by the text, the ancient Indians could have sent a detachment of men onto any planet,according to the document, which is thought to be thousands of years old. Themanuscripts were also said to reveal the secret of "antima"; "the cap ofinvisibility" and "garima"; "how to become as heavy as a mountain of lead."Naturally, Indian scientists did not take the texts very seriously, but thenbecame more positive about the value of them when the Chinese announced that they were including certain parts of the data for study in their spaceprogram! This was one of the first instances of a government admitting to be researching anti-gravity. The manuscripts did not say definitely that interplanetary travel was evermade but did mention, of all things, a planned trip to the Moon, though it is not clear whether this trip was actually carried out.

However, one of the great Indian epics,the Ramayana, does have a highly detailed story in it of atrip to the moon in a Vihmana (or "Astra"), and in fact details a battle on themoon with an "Asvin" (or Atlantean") airship. This is but a small bit ofrecent evidence of anti-gravity and aerospace technology used by Indians. To really understand the technology, we must go much further back in time. The so-called "Rama Empire" of Northern India and Pakistan developed at leastfifteen thousand years ago on the Indian subcontinent and was a nation of manylarge, sophisticated cities, many of which are still to be found in the deserts of Pakistan, northern, and western India. Rama existed, apparently, parallel to the Atlantean civilization in the mid- Atlantic Ocean, and wasruled by "enlightened Priest-Kings" who governed the cities.

The seven greatest capital cities of Rama were known in classical Hindu texts as The Seven Rishi Cities According to ancient Indian texts, the people had flying machines which were called "Vimanas." The ancient Indian epic describes a Vimana as a double deck, circular aircraft with portholes and a dome, much as we would imagine a flying saucer. It flew with the "speed of the wind" and gave forth a "melodious sound." There were at least four different types of Vimanas; some saucer shaped, others like long cylinders ("cigar shaped airships").

The ancient Indian texts on Vimanas are so numerous, it would take volumes to relate what they had to say. The ancient Indians, who manufactured these ships themselves, wrote entire flight manuals on the control of the various types of Vimanas, many of which are still in existence, and some have even been translated into English. The Samaraanganasutraadhaara is a scientific treatise dealing with every possible angle of air travel in a Vimana.

There are 230 stanzas dealing with the construction, take-off, cruising for thousand of miles, normal and forced landings, and even possible collisions with birds. In 1875, the Vaimanika Sastra, a fourth century B.C. text written by Bharadwaj the Wise, using even older texts as his source, was rediscovered in a temple in India. It dealt with the operation of Vimanas and included information on the steering, precautions for long flights, protection of the airships from storms and lightning and how to switch the drive to "solar energy" from a free energy source which sounds like "anti-gravity."

The Vaimanika Sastra (or Vymaanika-Shaastra) has eight chapters with diagrams, describing three types of aircraft, including apparatuses that could neither catch on fire nor break. It also mentions 31 essential parts of these vehicles and 16 materials from which they are constructed, which absorb light and heat; for which reason they were considered suitable for the construction of Vimanas. This document has been translated into English and is available by writing the publisher.

http://www.asiafinest.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=27067
« Last Edit: July 04, 2007, 07:57:42 pm by Bianca2001 » Report Spam   Logged

Your mind understands what you have been taught; your heart what is true.
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #83 on: July 04, 2007, 07:53:49 pm »

Md. Sungate:

I think I just solved your problem about finding the connection with mercury - you know, the "drop
of mercury' that you asked me about.  Well, with Mercury Retro  (as you know), I have been "boo-
booing' all over the place.  But from the fog, I suddenly had a flash of insight:  we have been using
the wrong name for the 'liquid silver' - how about : QUICKSILVER?

So, as usual, I hurried over to Google and typed in VIMANA-QUICKSILVER.  There came up so much,
I hightailed it right back here.  It's almost 9Pm and the 4 year old just left, after almost a week.  I'm
just too tired to pursue this.  Besides, it's your 'baby"

Good hunting,
b
« Last Edit: July 04, 2007, 07:56:57 pm by Bianca2001 » Report Spam   Logged

KTCat

« Reply #84 on: July 04, 2007, 07:57:43 pm »

I read this same article online yesterday, and have been thinking about it since. It's seems nigh onto impossible to know whether we should classify those high tech individuals in the Vedic texts as "extraterrestrial" or simply as men. And while the possibility of extraterrestrials interfering with our human race certainly remains a valid theory, if those ETs existed then  undoubtedly they were ultimately  in charge of the Vedic military, political, scientific and religious systems. All through the Vedic texts, we see evidence for a distinct and obvious hierarchal system based upon  solar and lunar dynasties, all claiming, of course, to represent "heaven."  Today, the trouble I have with the ET theory is the fact that whether ETs exist or not, the government today and presumably even in ages past, seems perfectly willing to hide their own advanced and totally human technologies behind the front of possible extraterrestrial intervention. I would bet money that in the last 30 years alone, at least 85% of the UFOs sited are actually secret experimental air craft designed by human hands. The government seems perfectly willing to deny ETs on one hand, while on the other, they really don't do anything much to discourage the belief in them. Governments simply seem to find the possibility of ET intervention an extraordinarily convenient veil to hide their own secret technologies behind. We can't really be certain that the same thing wasn't going on in antiquity.

The other thing that I found interesting was the "Secret Society of the Nine Unknown Men: great Indian scientists who were supposed to catalogue the many sciences." I see a definite parallel there with the nine gods of the Egyptian Ennead. Though each god in the Ennead was given a name, and female gods were included in the Nine, theoretically, each god in the Ennead was also supposed to represent a "universal power" which can certainly be seen as the equivalent of a science. From ancient times, most sciences were thought of as representing either masculine or feminine energies, just as today the science of atoms,  particle physics and all electrical fields are generally seen as having either a positive (masculine) or negative (feminine) charge. So the Vedic secret society of nine unknown men could have represented sciences that were seen as either  masculine or feminine which was later translated as an analogy in the Egyptian Ennead. The ancients had an apparent love of the rather convoluted analogies and "sacred puns" but they are quite common throughout all the ancient texts.

It is also apparent that the Rama Empire included far more territory than just the continent of India. The Ramayana tells us…

"Rama ruled the earth for 11,000 years.
He gave a year-long festival
In this very Naimisha Forest.
All of this land was his kingdom then;
One age of the world ago'
Long before now, and far in the past.
Rama was king from the Center of the World,
To the Four Oceans' shores."

There is really only one place on earth that qualifies as "the Center of the World," and that is Giza.  If Rama ruled "to the four oceans' shores" that certainly implies he was at one time the head of an ancient world-wide government. The above quote is one of the primary reasons I maintain that the Vedic Rama and the Egyptian Ra had to be one and the same.

Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #85 on: July 05, 2007, 01:06:03 pm »

http://dchipaux.free.fr/_syl_/_txt_/gv12/Flying%20machines%20in%20old%20Sanskrit%20texts.txt

text extracted from the mag "Grapevine #12" by LSD (05/10/92) ++

{9{4FLYING MACHINES IN OLD SANSKRIT TEXTS

{3        By Crypt Stalker/BUST

{1The Yajurveda quite clearly tells of a
flying machine, which was used by the
Asvins (two heavenly twins).  The
Vimana is simply a synonym for flying
machine.  It occurs in the Yajurveda,
the Ramayana, the Mahabharata, the
Bhagatava Purana, as well as in
classical Indian literature.

Accurately translated the word Yantra
means "mechanical apparatus" and is
found widely in Sanskrit literature.
At least 20 passages in the Rigveda
(1028 hymns to the Gods) refer
exclusively to the vehicle of the
Asvins.  This flying machine is
represented as three-storeyed,
triangular and three wheeled (like a
delta wing aircraft), it could carry
at least three passengers.  According
to tradition the machine was made of
gold, silver and iron, and had two
wings.  With this machine, the Asvins
saved King Bhujyu who was in distress
at sea.

Every Sanskrit scholar knows the
Vaimanika Sastra, a collection of
sketches the core of which is
attributed to Bharadvajy the Wise
around the 4th century BC.  The
writings in the Vaimanika Sastra were
rediscovered in India in 1875.  The
text deals with the size and the most
important parts of the various flying
machines.  We learn how they steered,
what special precautions had to be
taken on long flights, how the
machines could be protected against
violent storms and lightning, how to
make a forced landing and even how to
switch the drive to solar energy to
make the fuel go further.  Bharadvajy
the Wise refers to no fewer than 70 a
thorities and 10 experts of Indian air
travel in antiquity!  The description
of these machines in old Indian texts
are amazingly precise.  The difficulty
we are faced with today is basically
that the texts mention various metals
and alloys we cannot translate.  We do
not known what our ancestors
understood by them.

In the Amaranganasutradhara five
flying machines were originally built
for the gods Brahma, Vishnu, Yama,
Kuvera and Indra.  Later there were
some additions.  Four main types of
flying Vimanas were described: Rukma,
Sundara, Tripura, and Sakuna.  The
Rukma were conical in shape and dyed
gold, whereas the Sundata were like
rockets and had a silver sheen.  The
Tripura were three-storeyed and the
Sakuna looked like birds.  There were
113 subdivisions of these four main
types that differed only in minor
details.  The position and functioning
of the solar energy collectors are
described in Vaimanika Sastra.  It
says that eight tubes had to be made
out of special glass absorbing the
suns rays.  A whole series of details
are listed, some of them we do not
understand.  The Amaranganasutradhara
even explains the drive, the controls,
and the fuel for the flying machines.
It says quicksilver and "Rasa" were
used.

Unfortunately we do not yet know what
"Rasa" was.  The book "Vymaanika-
Shaastra Aeronautics" by Maharishi
Bharadwaaja is an old collection of
Sanskrit texts that could pass for a
manual for trainee pilots, not
thousands of years old writings.
There was a check list of 32
instructions to pilots which the man
in charge of an aircraft had to know
before he could fly the machine.
Among them were secrets such as how to
"jump" with the flying machine, how to
fly in a zig-zag, how the pilot can
see on all sides and hear distant
noises.  There were also instructions
about the use of the machines in
battle.

How an enemy manoeuvre could be
recognised in time, how to spot the
direction of hostile attacks and then
prevent them.  The information about
the metals used in construction name
three sorts, Somala, Soundaalika, and
Mourthwika.  If they were mixed in the
right proportions, the result was 16
kinds of heat absorbing metals with
names like Ushnambhara, Ushnapaa,
Raajaamlatrit, etc.

The texts also explain how to clean
metals, the acids such as lemon or
apple to be used and the correct
mixture, the right oils to work with
and the correct temperature for them.
Seven types of engine are described
with special functions for which th
y are suited and the altitudes for
which they work best.  The catalogue
is not short of data about the size of
machines, which had storeys, nor of
their suitability for various
purposes.

To those who doubt the existence of
flying machines in antiquity, read
those books listed (get an English
translation if you can't read
Sanskrit!)  The mindless cry of "There
are no such things" should fall quiet
then!  The "Vymaanika-Shaastra Aerona
tics" should be compulsory reading for
aeronautical and aerospace engineers
and constructors.  Perhaps they will
discover solutions to projects they
are sweating over in the Sanskrit
texts.  Perhaps they could take out
patents.  Copyright for work thousands
of years old doesn't exist.  But first
of all our would-be-clever scientists
must decide to take old texts for what
they are - description of what once
were realities.

end.

http://dchipaux.free.fr/_syl_/_txt_/gv12/Flying%20machines%20in%20old%20Sanskrit%20texts.txt
« Last Edit: July 05, 2007, 01:07:36 pm by Bianca2001 » Report Spam   Logged

mdsungate

Hermes, Gateway of the Sun

« Reply #86 on: July 05, 2007, 03:58:53 pm »

Wink I've been searching for Vimana, quicksilver instead of mercury, and there may be more here.  Thanks for the tip, B.  I'll be adding something about Mayan machinery soon.  They have a little gold jaguar, and it doesn't fly, but it is definately a machine! Cool 
Report Spam   Logged

Hermes Trismegistus:  “As above, so below.”
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #87 on: August 18, 2007, 08:47:49 pm »

I first remember reading about vimanas, i.e. highly advanced ancient Indian flying machines, in Chariots Of The Gods, the first international best-seller of the controversial author Erich Von Daniken. Down the years I have come across several other interesting references to vimanas elsewhere, too. It wasn’t , however, until I recently received an e mail from an Indian reader of my article Ancient Astronauts, that I recalled just how very intriguing these vimanas and, indeed, many other references to space travel and fantastically advanced technology in ancient Indian texts are. To this end, the following piece is intended to take a fresh look at vimanas and, moreover, explore the Indian ancient astronaut connection in general.

It is generally reckoned that the present form of the great Indian national epic, the Mahabharata, dates from between the 4th century BC and the 4th century AD. According to Indian tradition The Mahabharata, a collection of around 80,000 couplets, was first gathered together by one Vyasadeva, possibly a incarnation of Vishnu. Vyasadeva’s ’s disciple Vaicampayana is said to have first recited The Mahabharata for the king Janamejaya some hundred years later.

Very simply, The Mahabharata tells the story of the long war between the Kauravas and the Pandavas. This war was apparently willed by the ancient Indian Gods with the intention of easing the problem of over-population in the world. In his English translation of Krsna – The Supreme Personality of Godhead., His Divine Grace A. C. Bhaktivedenta Swami Prabhupada tells us that the Mahabharata was gathered together by the great sage Vyasadeva in order to bring Krishna consciousness to “ those less intelligent ( like women, labourers and the mercantile class)”. And further informs us that In the Mahabharata “Krsna is presented in His different activities”. , and perhaps more importantly for us here, that the “Mahabharata is history….”

It is in the Mahabharata that we hear about Bhima who “flew with his vimana on an enormous ray which was as brilliant as the sun and made a noise like the thunder of a storm”. And in the same great ancient Indian epic we also hear about the great warrior Arjuna’s ascent to Indra’s heaven. Importantly, Arjuna is, we are told, a mortal. However, during the telling of his particular adventure we are told of his ascent to heaven in a car that travels upwards to the clouds with a noise like thunder. Whilst travelling to heaven Arjuna apparently also sees flying cars that have crashed and are out of action and other flying cars that are stationary, whilst others fly freely in the air. 
« Last Edit: August 18, 2007, 08:50:38 pm by Bianca2001 » Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #88 on: August 18, 2007, 08:53:19 pm »

Interestingly in the Mahabharata we also find information about the terrible weapons belonging to the ancient Indian Gods that, in the light of our present day knowledge, do sound uncannily like nuclear weapons. In his best-selling book According To The Evidence, Erich Von Daniken tells us how he found evidence of such terrible weapons held by Indian Gods in Book 8, Musala Parva:

The unknown weapon is radiant lightening, a devastating messenger of death, which turned all the relations of Vrishni and Andhaka to ashes. Their calcined bodies were unrecognisable. Those who escaped lost their hair and nails. Crockery broke without cause; birds turned white. In a very short time food was poisonous. The lightening subsided and became fine ash.

Like Von Daniken says, It really is very difficult not to consider such provocative passages in the light of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Could it really be possible, as Von Daniken infers in According To The Evidence, that the ancient Indian Gods held the terrible and awesome power of an atom bomb? And if they did, were such lethal weapons of destruction let loose on the earth in the dark and distant past, perhaps causing the a terrifying and ancient nuclear war?

In the Ramyana, often cited as the second great Indian epic after the Mahabharata , we are told about vimanas that fly at great heights with the aid of quicksilver and a great propulsive wind. These vimanas could apparently travel vast distances and manoeuvre upwards, downwards and forwards. In his first great best-seller Chariots Of The Gods Von Daniken quotes form a translation of the Ramyana by N. Dutt (1891):

“At Rama’s behest the magnificent chariot rose up to a mountain of cloud with a tremendous din…” The tremendous noise apparently caused by the ancient Indian flying machines are certainly reminiscent of similar phenomena in the Bible and other ancient texts from around the world. 
Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #89 on: August 18, 2007, 08:55:53 pm »

Interestingly, in another of his books, The Gold Of The Gods, Von Daniken presents us with a photograph of an old Indian bas-relief which is, he tells us, a depiction of a vimana that was easily identified by Sanskrit scholars. He presents the picture of this ancient Indian vimana, or flying machine, next to a prehistoric drawing found high up on a rock face in the Sete Cidades. In Daniken’s opinion the Sete Cidades drawing is “identical in style and layout” with the ancient Indian bas-relief.

In a similar vein to the above mention of awesome and devastating mention of weapons in The Mahabarata, The Ramayana also seems to make mention of such weapons, too. For instance in the tale of ‘Rama and Sita’ the king promises Rama that if he succeeds in bending a certain immensely powerful bow, he will have his daughter, Sita, the princess born from the earth. “Straight away the King gave the orders: five thousand well-built men strained to drag the eight-wheeled iron cart which contained the divine weapon. Try, commanded the devout king, and effortlessly Rama seized the bow and drew it. He bent it to such an extent that he broke it and the sound that the string made in breaking struck fear in everyone who witnessed it. My daughter, said the king, will be the prize won by your strength”.

Also in The Ramayana is the account of one of Rama’s comrades, the King of the Apes. This King of the Apes could apparently not only evolve into a giant or shrink into a midget at will, but he is also a brilliant and fearless pilot of an obviously tremendously powerful flying machine of some kind. As Von Daniken recounts from the original text:

When he begins his flight from the mountains, the tops of the cliffs break, the foundations of the mountains shake. Giant trees are stripped of their boughs and broken, a shower of wood and leaves falls to the ground. The mountain birds and animals flee to their hiding places.

Furthermore this same King of the Apes mentioned in the ancient Indian text The Ramayana, could also apparently lift off in his flying machine from within built-up cities. He did not, by all accounts, need a runway like most modern aircraft in order to take-off:

With burning tail he swings himself up over the rooftops and kindles vast conflagrations so that the tall buildings and towers collapse and the pleasure gardens are laid to waste.   
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: