Atlantis Online
April 17, 2024, 08:07:18 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Comet theory collides with Clovis research, may explain disappearance of ancient people
http://uscnews.sc.edu/ARCH190.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

NGS TV - Atlantis & the Maya

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NGS TV - Atlantis & the Maya  (Read 4585 times)
Desiree
Superhero Member

« on: March 22, 2007, 09:02:51 pm »

Greg and Lora are self-funded.  The Cayce readings are the starting point for all the research, sure, but I have had many, many detailed conversations with Greg about his work and the archaeological method he employs is very sound.

Like Shayla said, they are not claiming to have found Atlantis, but an ancient maritime culture that existed around 3000 bc. The anchors that have been found in the Bimini/Cay Sal region certainly bear that out.

I think it's time that the archaeological community gave Greg and Lora their due:  they are the only ones currently looking for Atlantis in the Atlantic. And they are the only ones that have ever found anything. They investigate all their theories, they don't just write books about them and ask for money. They also don't claim to have found something unless it is tested and examined first by experts, and they also deliberately stay away from making fabulous claims.

As for Edgar Cayce, hey, believe what you want, but his accuracy is well-documented.  I think it was something like 86%.

I sure wish Robert Sarmast well, but so far there has been nothing to back up his claims.  I wish there was!  Even if it wasn't really Atlantis, I think that proof of finding a civilization that deep in the Mediterranean would have been really exciting, too.

Report Spam   Logged

This power came forth out of the Atlantic Ocean. But afterwards there occurred violent earthquakes and floods; and in a single day and night of misfortune all your warlike men in a body sank into the earth, and the island of Atlantis in like manner disappeared in the depths of the sea.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: