Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 08:36:26 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Did Humans Colonize the World by Boat?
Research suggests our ancestors traveled the oceans 70,000 years ago
http://discovermagazine.com/2008/jun/20-did-humans-colonize-the-world-by-boat

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

INXS Singer Fired, Living In His Car

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: INXS Singer Fired, Living In His Car  (Read 143 times)
Firefly
Superhero Member

« on: February 19, 2009, 11:13:56 pm »

INXS Star Fired, Back to Living in His Car
PopEater
posted: 9 HOURS 26 MINUTES AGOcomments: 29filed under: Gut Reactions, Music News, TV News, WTF?PrintShareText SizeAAA(Feb. 19) - Four years after scoring the job of frontman for Aussie rockers INXS, J.D. Fortune is broke, homeless and back to living in his car -- just as he was doing before winning the gig on the reality TV series 'Rock Star: INXS.'

The singer told Entertainment Tonight Canada that he was fired by the band -- via handshake -- in a Hong Kong airport. "I found myself really alone because I had traveled with these guys for 23 months," he said without specifying exactly when he was let go.
Skip over this content How Did J.D Win 'Rock Star'?
By Wowing INXS With This Original Tune
The Canadian belter won the CBS show in 2005, replacing Michael Hutchence who was found dead in a Sydney hotel room in November 1997 with a coroner ruling he had committed suicide.
With Fortune, INXS released the album 'Switch' and went on a world tour in 2006 and 2007. The band's early hits include 'New Sensation' and 'Need You Tonight.'
He acquired a **** habit while with the band, but has since been drug free for two years. He doesn't say if the drugs played a role in him getting sacked. "From the street to the air back to the street again. It is only me."
An INXS flack told the Australian media that she could not comment on the matter.
http://www.popeater.com/music/article/inxs-star-fired-back-to-living-in-his/350586
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: