Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 10:35:42 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ARE Search For Atlantis 2007 Results
http://mysterious-america.net/bermudatriangle0.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

The Ancient War of the Gods

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Ancient War of the Gods  (Read 9374 times)
Wind

« Reply #345 on: October 31, 2009, 03:02:04 pm »

First of all, I would like to start things off by  Providing a little more evidence for there being an ancient race of Giants living on Earth, and in this instance in North America.

This is taken from, From The Shadows Blogspot
Heres a link

http://from-the-shadows.blogspot.com/2009/05/ancient-city-buried-under-moberly.html

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

An Ancient City Buried Under Moberly, Missouri?
The newspaper story was sensational – in all sense of the word. The tale is incredible and written in the era when journalism meant whatever sold papers, truth be damned.

But the story is about an underground city and giants in the Midwest, so it’s worth telling again.

It happened on the pages of the April 9, 1885 edition of The New York Times in a story entitled: “Missouri’s buried city: A strange discovery in a coal mine near Moberly.” Moberly, the largest city in Randolph County, had a population of 6,108 in the 1880s.

Coal miners, sinking a shaft 360 feet deep, broke into a cavern revealing “a wonderful buried city,” the article claimed. Lava arches stretched across the roof of the cavern, looming over the streets of an ancient city “which are regularly laid out and enclosed by walls of stone, which is cut and dressed in a fairly good, although rude style of masonry.”

Workers, along with Moberly city recorder David Coates and Moberly city marshal George Keating, inspected the site, found a 30-by-100-feet hall in the cavern filled with stone benches and hand tools.

“Further search disclosed statues and images made of a composition closely resembling bronze, lacking luster,” the article read.

Explorers discovered a stone fountain in a wide court, still pouring “perfectly pure water” into its basin. But it was what lay beside the fountain that interested the people exploring the site.

“Lying beside the foundation (of the fountain) were portions of the skeleton of a human being,” according to the article. “The bones of the leg measured, the femur four and one-half feet, the tibia four feet and three inches, showing that when alive the figure was three times the size of an ordinary man, and possessed of a wonderful muscular power and quickness.”

Its skull, the story reported, was shattered; bronze tools, granite hammers, metallic saws and flint knives were scattered all around. “They are not so highly polished, nor so accurately made as those now finished by our best mechanics, but they show skill and an evidence of an advanced civilization that are very wonderful,” according to the article.

Explorers spent 12 hours in the buried city and resurfaced only after the oil in their lamps burned low.

“No end to the wonders of the discovery was reached,” the article stated. “A further extended search will be made in a day or two.”

No record of the extended search could be found.

Dr. Tom Spencer, a professor in the department of History, Humanities, Philosophy and Political Science at Northwest Missouri State University, said that’s because after printing the story, the newspapers tried to forget it.

“A lot of the time I think these stories were written based entirely off hearsay and little or no direct on-site reporting,” he said. “As the story grew, the details got more and more outrageous.”

He equates it to a childhood game where children sit in a circle and one child whispers a story into another’s ear and by the time the story completes the circle, it was completely different.

“The point of this exercise was to try to see what would happen when the story had made it all the way around the circle,” he said. “If you recall, sometimes the ‘finished story’ bore little resemblance to the original story. My guess is one element of this story is factual – like the strange shaft formation or a long femur was found – and it became more and more embellished as it went around the journalistic circle at the time.”

So what happened to the fabulous buried city under Moberly, Mo.?

“There were stories like this periodically at the time and they usually disappear quietly because someone goes to investigate and there’s nothing to it,” Spencer said. “In order to avoid the embarrassment the newspapers just don’t say anything else about it.”

Report Spam   Logged
Wind

« Reply #346 on: October 31, 2009, 03:06:36 pm »

Dr. Tom Spencer, a professor in the department of History, Humanities, Philosophy and Political Science at Northwest Missouri State University, said that’s because after printing the story, the newspapers tried to forget it.

“A lot of the time I think these stories were written based entirely off hearsay and little or no direct on-site reporting,” he said. “As the story grew, the details got more and more outrageous.”

He equates it to a childhood game where children sit in a circle and one child whispers a story into another’s ear and by the time the story completes the circle, it was completely different.

“The point of this exercise was to try to see what would happen when the story had made it all the way around the circle,” he said. “If you recall, sometimes the ‘finished story’ bore little resemblance to the original story. My guess is one element of this story is factual – like the strange shaft formation or a long femur was found – and it became more and more embellished as it went around the journalistic circle at the time.”

So what happened to the fabulous buried city under Moberly, Mo.?

“There were stories like this periodically at the time and they usually disappear quietly because someone goes to investigate and there’s nothing to it,” Spencer said. “In order to avoid the embarrassment the newspapers just don’t say anything else about it.”

Even though we are lead to doubt the authenticity of this story at the end of the article, the story had to have come from somewhere! 

It sounds to me like another archeological cover up from the Smithsonian and the powers that be.
Report Spam   Logged
Wind

« Reply #347 on: October 31, 2009, 03:43:51 pm »

Were the Anunnaki Giants?

Report Spam   Logged
Wind

« Reply #348 on: November 01, 2009, 08:29:59 pm »

In the last video Zechariah Sitchen states that we are the creation of the Anunnaki, and at the End of that video we have Michael Tsarion  who says we are them.

I would tend to agree with these statements,  we came here and merged our DNA with that of  ancient Neanderthal man.  I say we because we’re the same souls, how else  would you explain humanities attraction and obsession with Atlantis.   

According to Tsarion Atlantis was their creation, it was where the genetic engineering took place.  If it had been a bad place you’d think that our sub-conscious mind would reject anything that had to do with Atlantis.

Just a thought Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
Wind

« Reply #349 on: November 01, 2009, 08:32:09 pm »

In past posts I have stated what I believe to have been the cause of the Ancient War of the Gods, and with the help of others here evidence has been provided.
Recently I have found what I believe will show the extent of that ancient war, just how far reaching it was.

The following pictures and video footage show what appears to be an ancient Starship crashed on the dark side of the  moon, it is my theory that this ship could in fact be a remnant from the War of the Gods   
Report Spam   Logged
Wind

« Reply #350 on: November 01, 2009, 08:34:58 pm »

These pictures were taken from Disclose TV

Report Spam   Logged
Wind

« Reply #351 on: November 01, 2009, 08:37:51 pm »

The Pictures above Apollo 20 moon missio, The following is video footage from that mission.

Report Spam   Logged
Wind

« Reply #352 on: November 01, 2009, 08:42:43 pm »

A similar looking ship can be found on the hieroglyphs in Abydos Egypt .

Check out the one in the center.

Report Spam   Logged
Robert0326
Superhero Member

« Reply #353 on: November 01, 2009, 10:32:17 pm »

Actually this not a ship.  They are hieroglyphs written over one another.  A pharaoh would often have his name written over his predecessor to either claim ownership of the temple/structure or to pay tribute to the god or goddess for which the temple was built for.  I can't remember which pharaohs names are written but I can find out.
Report Spam   Logged

Blasphemy is a victimless crime.
"The day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the Supreme Being as His father, in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter."     Letter to John Adams, April 11, 1823 -Thomas Jefferson
Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #354 on: November 02, 2009, 12:59:53 am »

I've argued this before Robert0326 - that one picture could be explained, two could be highly unlikely, three - definitely improbable, but 4?  Bullcrap. 

No doubt something WAS erased to make room for the new glyphs, but we're not all blind and gullible. 
Report Spam   Logged

An open-minded view of the past allows for an unprejudiced glimpse into the future.

Logic rules.

"Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong."
Robert0326
Superhero Member

« Reply #355 on: November 02, 2009, 02:30:54 am »

Why can't all four be explained?  I watched a documentary on Nat. Geo a few years again and they showed the same hieroglyphs and showed that they were actually names of 2 different pharaohs overlapping each other.  I guess they didn't have whiteout back then huh.  Wink
Report Spam   Logged

"The day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the Supreme Being as His father, in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter."     Letter to John Adams, April 11, 1823 -Thomas Jefferson
Wind

« Reply #356 on: November 02, 2009, 12:06:09 pm »

pharaoh Han Solo of the Han Dynasty and Jedi Priest Luke Shywalker Grin LOL Just Kidding Wink

I don’t know Robert, that explanation sounds plausible but for some reason I’m just not buying it. I will however look into this a little more and see what I can find.
Report Spam   Logged
Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #357 on: November 02, 2009, 12:23:31 pm »

They ARE explained - by Egyptology - just the way you said.  Supposedly something was erased to enable them to write someone else's name over top.  And if that would have been the case, I can see where there might be a co-incidental similarity to ONE of our modern verhicles - where one kind of turns their head and says oh yeah, I see what you mean - like seeing forms in clouds.  But these glyphs are not  just a vague similarity and there are FOUR of them.  Simplistic in the rendering but detailed just the same. 
Report Spam   Logged

An open-minded view of the past allows for an unprejudiced glimpse into the future.

Logic rules.

Robert0326
Superhero Member

« Reply #358 on: November 02, 2009, 06:21:52 pm »

Wind, if they were anything else but hieroglyphs of names of pharaohs wouldn't there be other instances of these "ships" on other temples?  I'm sorry but in this case the simplest explanation is the correct one.
Report Spam   Logged

Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #359 on: November 02, 2009, 09:38:09 pm »

The simplest explanation is the same as the other one.  In both cases, the original glyphs were erased to put something else. 

This tomb is the tomb of a priest who more than likely took mind altering drugs to assist him in his career as a seer.  I have said that it is possible that he had a vision of the future, much like Nostradamus did, and although he didn't know what he was seeing and probably could not describe what he saw, he COULD draw it, and had the masons put it in his tomb in case it was something he could use in the afterlife.  He no doubt definitely thought he would have an afterlife, if he saw himself in the future.
Report Spam   Logged

Logic rules.

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: