Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 03:09:06 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 'Europe's oldest city' found in Cadiz
http://mathaba.net/rss/?x=566660

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

The Ancient War of the Gods

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Ancient War of the Gods  (Read 9438 times)
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #315 on: June 17, 2009, 08:26:19 am »

Qoais
Superhero Member

Re: Ancient War of the Gods
« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2009, 01:01:44 am » Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Good grief!  And just what does all that mean in psycho babble?   
Report Spam   Logged

Your mind understands what you have been taught; your heart what is true.
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #316 on: June 17, 2009, 08:28:05 am »

Wind

« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2009, 01:25:04 am » Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: Qoais on June 07, 2009, 01:01:44 am
Good grief!  And just what does all that mean in psycho babble? 

psycho babble?    I'm afraid you lost me Qoais.   
Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #317 on: June 17, 2009, 08:29:58 am »

Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2009, 01:49:41 am » Quote 

Sorry wind!  What I meant was - what is the meaning of all this?  Obviously one does not swallow their wife or their child, and children do not pop out of their father's foreheads - so what is this telling us? I was intimating that a pschiatrist might be able to explain it in professional language - psycho babble 
Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #318 on: June 17, 2009, 08:32:14 am »

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2009, 02:33:07 am » Quote 

Symbolically, what is another explanation to this story?

Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #319 on: June 17, 2009, 08:33:57 am »

Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2009, 10:39:10 am » Quote 

Yes
Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #320 on: June 17, 2009, 08:36:25 am »

Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2009, 11:19:40 am » Quote 

I can see where planets were given names and whatever was happening with the planets was being given "humanization".  Instead of saying the planets collided, they say one ate the other.  But still, what is this that is being said?  What is being described?  The making of our solar system?  If so, who witnessed this to pass this story down?
Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #321 on: June 17, 2009, 08:39:09 am »

Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #43 on: June 07, 2009, 12:54:27 pm » Quote 

However, I did not ask who wrote it down.  I asked who witnessed this event, whatever it is that is being described with planets eating each other, that it could be passed down to then be later written down?  Someone had to know this is what happened for it to be recorded in the histories.  It's a pretty complicated subject for someone to have just made it up out of thin air.
Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #322 on: June 17, 2009, 08:40:49 am »

Wind

« Reply #44 on: June 07, 2009, 01:59:40 pm » Quote 

Quote from: Qoais on June 07, 2009, 12:54:27 pm

However, I did not ask who wrote it down.  I asked who witnessed this event, whatever it is that is being described with planets eating each other, that it could be passed down to then be later written down?  Someone had to knowthis is what happened for it to be recorded in the histories.  It's a pretty complicated subject for someone to have just made it up out of thin air.

Qoais I understand where your coming from and I'm currently working on a theory I have that might explain this. I'm thinking that it's symbolic.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 08:43:21 am by Bianca » Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #323 on: June 17, 2009, 08:42:36 am »

Wind

« Reply #45 on: June 07, 2009, 02:29:40 pm » Quote 

Other variants relate that although Metis was of an earlier generation of the Titans, Zeus became her consort when his cult gained dominance. In order to avoid a prophecy made when that change occurred, that any offspring of his union with Metis would be greater than he, Zeus swallowed Metis to prevent her from having offspring, but she already was pregnant with Athena. Metis gave birth to Athena and nurtured her inside Zeus until Athena burst forth from his forehead fully armed with weapons given by her mother.

Alright I’m going to pick this apart line by line.

“In order to avoid a prophecy made when that change occurred, that any offspring of his union with Metis would be greater than he”

I’m going to say that offspring means government or kingdom, an offspring or offshoot of the original kingdom that being of Zeus.

“Zeus swallowed Metis to prevent her from having offspring, but she already was pregnant with Athena. “

Zeus tried to stop this new kingdom before it ever came to power, he did this by conquering and taking over it’s mother kingdom, but what he did not know was that the seeds of this new kingdom had already been sown. (Rebellion was inevitable!)

“Metis gave birth to Athena and nurtured her inside Zeus until Athena burst forth from his forehead fully armed with weapons given by her mother.”

This new kingdom must have stayed hidden until it was strong a powerful enough to show itself and come out fighting.

Qoais I now believe what we have here is the birth of Athens, like you pointed out earlier in one of my other threads the Europeans love to give gender to things.

What now interests me though is these parent kingdoms 
Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #324 on: June 17, 2009, 08:45:26 am »

Wind

« Reply #46 on: June 07, 2009, 02:51:43 pm » Quote 

I might just be repeating myself but I wanted to make this a little more clear 

Let’s look as Zeus and Metis not as a God and Titan but as kingdoms,  Metis was the older kingdom and Zeus was younger.   
Apparently these two kingdoms at one time must have been warring with one another but at some point struck a truce.  Now from somewhere there came a prophecy that said that from this truce there would arise a new kingdom that would defeat the kingdom of Zeus. (It is this prophecy that interest me also!)   
Zeus of course couldn’t risk losing it’s power and so it conquered the older kingdom of Metis in hopes of quashing any uprising.   It was too late however, the new kingdom was already in the works and was quickly gaining power.   When it had gained enough support and was well armed, it revealed itself and took over it’s parent kingdoms, thus Athens became a world power.

Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #325 on: June 17, 2009, 08:47:10 am »

no thing

« Reply #47 on: June 12, 2009, 12:20:33 pm » Quote 

Wind,

I ran across this site today...looks like the work of giants to me!!

http://bayimages.net/peru/sacsayhuaman/

It was referneced in the following article;

http://tcpubs.com/brunnen/articles/index.html

ILAL

no thing
Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #326 on: June 17, 2009, 08:56:11 am »

WIND AND OTHER POSTERS:

Brooke has removed 'certain' posts 'en masse' and transfered them here:

http://atlantisonline.smfforfree2.com/index.php/topic,18612.0.html

I reposted all YOUR original posts with minor editing of some of them.

I hope this is to your satisfaction.

WE SHOULD HAVE NO FURTHER INTERRUPTIONS.
Report Spam   Logged

Horus

« Reply #327 on: June 17, 2009, 03:52:43 pm »

Many thanks, Brooke!

City Found In India Irradiated By Nuclear Blast 8,000 Years Ago...

Excerpt from the World Island Review, January 1992.
9-10-00

Radiation still so intense, the area is highly dangerous

A heavy layer of radioactive ash in Rajasthan, India, covers a three-square mile area, ten miles west of Jodhpur. Scientists are investigating the site, where a housing development was being built.

For some time it has been established that there is a very high rate of birth defects and cancer in the area under construction. The levels of radiation there have registered so high on investigators' gauges that the Indian government has now cordoned off the region. Scientists have unearthed an ancient city where evidence shows an atomic blast dating back thousands of years, from 8,000 to 12,000 years, destroyed most of the buildings and probably a half-million people. One researcher estimates that the nuclear bomb used was about the size of the ones dropped on Japan in 1945.

The Mahabharata clearly describes a catastrophic blast that rocked the continent. "A single projectile charged with all the power in the Universe...An incandescent column of smoke and flame as bright as 10,000 suns, rose in all its splendor...it was an unknown weapon, an iron thunderbolt, a gigantic messenger of death which reduced to ashes an entire race.

"The corpses were so burned as to be unrecognizable. Their hair and nails fell out, pottery broke without any apparent cause, and the birds turned white.

"After a few hours, all foodstuffs were infected. To escape from this fire, the soldiers threw themselves into the river."

Historian Kisari Mohan Ganguli says that Indian sacred writings are full of such descriptions, which sound like an atomic blast as experienced in Hiroshima and Nagasaki. He says references mention fighting sky chariots and final weapons. An ancient battle is described in the Drona Parva, a section of the Mahabharata. "The passage tells of combat where explosions of final weapons decimate entire armies, causing crowds of warriors with steeds and elephants and weapons to be carried away as if they were dry leaves of trees," says Ganguli.

"Instead of mushroom clouds, the writer describes a perpendicular explosion with its billowing smoke clouds as consecutive openings of giant parasols. There are comments about the contamination of food and people's hair falling out."

Archeologist Francis Taylor says that etchings in some nearby temples he has managed to translate suggest that they prayed to be spared from the great light that was coming to lay ruin to the city. "It's so mid-boggling to imagine that some civilization had nuclear technology before we did. The radioactive ash adds credibility to the ancient Indian records that describe atomic warfare."

Construction has halted while the five member team conducts the investigation. The foreman of the project is Lee Hundley, who pioneered the investigation after the high level of radiation was discovered.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 12:06:58 pm by Horus » Report Spam   Logged

"For the greater individual is the one who is the servant of all. And to conquer self is greater than taking cities."

Reading 3253-2
Horus

« Reply #328 on: June 18, 2009, 12:12:50 pm »

Early And Ancient Records Of Flying Machines
6-8-2

* Quote of Roger Bacon, Friar, 13th century: "Flying machines as these were of old, made even in our days."

* Hermes or Mercury wore winged sandals and a winged hat. He could fly at great speed. Merely a legend? Often legends are based on real happenings passed down through the generations and the only record of what happened thousands of years before records were written down.

* Daedalus constructed wings for his son Icarus, but in piloting his glider the boy flew too high and fell into the sea (now known as the Icarian Sea). Daedalus was not a mythological figure, he was an aeronautical designer, one of the engineers of Knossos. They constructed water-chutes in parabolic curves to conform exactly to the natural flow of water - streamlined... Streamline could only be produced by long years of scientific development and is an essential part of aerodynamics, which Daedalus must have mastered.

* The Chinese Annals relate that Emperor Shun (2258-2208 B.C.) constructed not only a flying apparatus but even made a parachute about the same time Daedalus built his gliders.

* Emperor Cheng Tang (1766 B.C.) ordered Ki-Kung-Shi to design a flying chariot. The latter completed the assignment and tested the aircraft in flight, reaching the province of Honan. Subsequently the vessel was destroyed by imperial edict as Cheng Tang was afraid the secret of its mechanism might fall into enemy hands. This implies that the Emperor and his sages must have had blueprints of this skyship.

* The Chinese poet Chu Yuan (3rd Century B.C.) wrote of his flight in a jade chariot at a high altitude over the Gobi Desert towards the Kun Lun Mountains. He accurately described how the aircraft was unaffected by the winds and dust of the Gobi, and how he conducted an aerial survey.

* In the early part of the fourth century Ko-Hung wrote about a helicopter in China: "Some have made flying cars with wood from the inner part of the jujube tree, using ox leather straps fastened to rotating blades to set the machine in motion."

* The Sanscrit term 'vimana vidya' means 'the science of building and piloting airships'. Why would they use or need such a term?

* The Indian classic 'Mahabharata', one of the oldest books in the world, speak of 'an aerial chariot with the sides of iron and clad with wings'. An aeroplane?

* The Ramayana describes the 'vimana' as a double deck circular aircraft with portholes and a dome. It flew with the 'speed of the wind' and gave forth a 'melodious sound'. Now that sounds more advanced than the jets we see now - what were they?

A pilot had to be well trained otherwise no vimana was placed in his hands. The vimana could stop and remain motionless in the sky. The ancient classic gives an account of how the vimana soared above the clouds - from that altitude 'the ocean looked like a small pool of water'. The aviator was able to see the ocean coast and deltas of rivers.

The vimanas were kept in 'vimana griha' or hangars. They were propelled by a yellowish-white liquid and employed for warfare, travel or sport. One is amazed at the wealth of detail in this ancient tale and wonders what stimulated it - fantasy of the authors or actual memories and/or happenings?

* In ancient India six young men constructed a dirigible airship - the Pantachantra contains the full story of the experiment. The machine was operated by a complex control system, providing a safe, fast flight and perfect manoeuvrability.

* There are two categories of ancient Sanscrit texts - the factual records known as the Manusa and the mythical and religious literature known as the Daiva. The Samara Sutradhara, which belongs to the factual type of records, treats air travel from every angle. The book contains 230 stanzas about the construction of flying machines. It deals not only with take-off, cruising for thousands of kilometers, normal and forced landings, but even with possible collisions of aircraft with birds! The same source mentions the 'Samhara', a missile that crippled and the 'Moha', a weapon that produced a state of complete paralysis.

* The pyramid texts contain a curious interpretation of the purpose of the pyramids: as a ramp to the sky so that man may go up to the sky.

* There are 5000-year old images of Isis which portray the goddess with folded wings.

* Folklore from all over the world has strange tales about flying machines. In 1958 the Smithsonian Institute published the results of American, Soviet and Indian archaeological research which indicated that 10000 years ago the Eskimos lived in Central Asia. How did they reach Greenland? Possibly on foot or sleighs - but the Eskimo legend says that they were brought to the arctic north by 'giant iron birds'.

* Near Madison, Wisconsin, one can see on the ground from a great distance colossal gravel carvings of birds, that measure 62 metres from one wing tip to another. Planes?

* A photographic survey by the Peruvian Air Force of the arid tablelands of Nasca showed a network of lines and geometrical figures on the ground as far as the eye can see. The lines were made by human hands by removing darker stones from the soil and exposing the lighter inner layer - an undertaking that must have taken years to complete. There are contours of animals and birds besides triangles and trapezoids. Most of the lines run in such a way that there is no connection between them and the more recent Inca roads. The area covered by these markings is vast, it covers hundreds of square kilometers. The age of the Nasca patterns was estimated to be at least 1500 years. The Indians say the giant pictures on the ground were made by another race before the advent of the Incas. The designs and lines can be seen from the air only at an altitude of over 350 metres - for who were these markings intended?

* In Salvador an antique vase was found which show human figures in a dirigible in flight. Any connection with that and the Nasca lines?

Source: We Are Not The First, Andrew Tomas, 1971. This Australian's research was conducted in the British Museum of London, The Bibliotheque Nationale in Paris and the Lenin Library of Moscow.

http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Vault/9054/ancient.html 
Report Spam   Logged

"For the greater individual is the one who is the servant of all. And to conquer self is greater than taking cities."

Reading 3253-2
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #329 on: June 18, 2009, 01:18:20 pm »

VIMANAS USED QUICKSILVER

http://atlantisonline.smfforfree2.com/index.php/topic,1980.0.html

ANCIENT FLYING MACHINES
Several entries

http://atlantisonline.smfforfree2.com/index.php/board,173.0.html
« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 01:21:53 pm by Bianca » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: