Atlantis Online
April 19, 2024, 04:03:26 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Remains of ancient civilisation discovered on the bottom of a lake
http://en.rian.ru/analysis/20071227/94372640.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

The Ancient War of the Gods

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 25   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Ancient War of the Gods  (Read 10429 times)
Wind

« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2009, 02:12:43 am »

First of all Volkaitis I would like to say thank you for the information, I found it both interesting and useful as he helped me to connect a few dots.

As to the size of those bible giants I’d say that it’s pretty close.   As you know a cubit is about 1½ ft and a span is 9 inches, so in 1 Samuel 17:4  Goliath was 9 ft  9 inches tall.

In Deuteronomy 3:11 it’s speaking of King Og’s bedstead. At first I thought that it was probably a mattress but the translation of bedstead is simply the place where you sleep. So I was kind of right.   If you think about it though in modern times our beds are normally longer than we are, so if king Og was about ten ft tall it would make sense for him to have a bed that was 13 ½ foot long

One thing that I found very interesting though was in Numbers 13:33.

Numbers 13:33 And there we saw the giants, the sons of Anak, which come of the giants: and we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight.

The key phrase here is the sons of Anak,   Anak is the Hebrew equivalent of the Sumerian God Enki, and the sons of a God would of course view us little humans as inferior and lesser, like an insect or grasshopper.   Of course there is a more disturbing possibility, the people of Mesopotamia did eat grasshoppers for food.   I’m going to go with the less disturbing explanation for now however!

Again I would like to thank you Volkaitis this was very good information.   If you do happen to find that reference where its lists them as being much taller please let me know

Thanks
Wind 
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 25   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: