Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 12:11:35 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Scientists to drill beneath oceans
http://atlantisonline.smfforfree2.com/index.php/topic,8063.0.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

"Noah's Flood" Not Rooted in Reality, After All?

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Noah's Flood" Not Rooted in Reality, After All?  (Read 1396 times)
Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2009, 11:18:45 am »

Perhaps the writer of Genesis, like yourself, had a few flashbacks, but couldn't remember the whole event Huh Cool  Too bad, it would be nice to know what it was all about.

The powerful brothers and sisters - seems they could create just about anything they put their mind to, but they could not reproduce.  Sorry if I mixed up Neanderthal and Homo whatever.  Those words don't make pictures for me so I tend not to remember which was which.  I just meant whatever "man" was on earth when the siblings decided to make their plan.

Was the flood manipulated by the powerful siblings/overseers?  Possibly.  Perhaps their experiments got out of control and they were purging the results.  Maybe it's true that they kept just a few certain breeding stock and wiped out the rest.  Maybe they took eggs and sperm and kept them safe somewhere and did the in-vitro thing.  Not that the commoner would ever have been told that this is what had happened.  Not like they left any evidence of what they were doing.  Again, I wish they would have, then we'd know for sure.(That's why I like Sitchin's take on all this.  It's so logical - even if he made it up!!)

According to Cayce, the Atlanteans themselves caused the destruction of their homeland by deliberately ignoring warnings that their experiments with their power source were too dangerous.  Talk about ignorant!!  Talk about selfish!!  Even then, there were those that did remember that they were once spiritual beings but chose not to walk the path that had been created for them, in order for them to return to their spiritual existence.  At that time, they still had a lot of knowledge of the universe.  They lost their spiritual abilities, not their knowledge.

Again probably not the place to get into a deep discussion, but have you read the Urantia Book?  People make a big deal of it because it was supposedly channelled and therefore not factual or trustworthy.  I don't think it matters who wrote it.  We could say some guys called Mathew, Mark, Luke and John wrote it, and people would suck it up.  Point is - the words have been said and what they say gives rise to a lot of food for thought.  You're of a scientific bent, so you can separate the wheat from the chaff. 

Report Spam   Logged

An open-minded view of the past allows for an unprejudiced glimpse into the future.

Logic rules.

"Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong."
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: