Atlantis Online
April 19, 2024, 11:48:39 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Hunt for Lost City of Atlantis
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/3227295.stm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

"Noah's Flood" Not Rooted in Reality, After All?

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Noah's Flood" Not Rooted in Reality, After All?  (Read 1504 times)
LoneStar77

Carl Martin - Writer, Artist and Software Engineer

« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2009, 03:36:30 am »

It seems that the celestial beings that did not get trapped in this plane, wanted to help those who did and devised this method of breeding and re-incarnation as a means for the trapped souls to work their way back to their original spiritual existence.... I believe that people give "God" too many human attributes.... Then we're supposed to believe that this omniscient being would be petty enough to "send a flood" upon the very creatures he created because they were being little brats.... ...the universe is unfolding as it should, just the way it was meant to.... HE doesn't stand there and monitor every little event that happens in every corner of the universe.  It's all on automatic pilot already.  Genesis is merely some poor ignorant trying to grapple with something he didn't understand and did the best he could in telling the story.... God would not play favorites - he would not pick just a few and say I love these best and shall destroy all the rest.

Dear Qoais,

I agree with Bianca, well put. You make several very good points, and I agree with nearly everything you said. One part I disagree with is your misinterpretation of my intent. I tried to compress a book into a posting and I realize I left a lot out.

The Flood may have been a true story, and then again it may not have been. "God," or whatever agency, likely did not send a flood "because they were being little brats," as you suggest. The real reason, by my hypothesis, would have been to prevent Neanderthal from jeopardizing the spiritual reawakening. It was not a punishment, but a rescue mission.

The Bible so often characterizes the agency of "God" as vindictive and vengeful, but this is likely a semantic red herring. When it says in Malachi that God "loved Jacob, but Esau I have hated," this wasn't about the human emotion "hate," but rather a consequence of Esau's prior actions (karma and reincarnation). One might just as easily say that "God hates the man" who foolishly steps off of a three-story roof. The agency of "God's anger" is gravity and force of impact. There is no human "hate" involved.

There are so many sides to this "God" character. The group of "celestial beings" you mentioned (baby gods?) came to our rescue. When Yehoshua of Nazareth said "I and my father are one," too many Christians misinterpret this to mean that he was God. No, he was merely our brother come to help us get out of the trap. He was one of the celestial beings you mentioned. When I experienced my greatest miracle, I felt every bit that I and my father were one. That doesn't make me God, either. Yet, for a moment, I felt myself an agent of some higher power we might call God, or "universal consciousness."

Breeding and reincarnation are important aspects of our path to spiritual reawakening. I wholeheartedly agree. And I agree that people give "God" too many human attributes. I suspect that any place in the Bible where God is being rowdy, there is some other meaning involved. For instance, why would God make the children pay for the sins of their fathers? Nothing could be further from the truth, at least in the common interpretation of the passages that mention this greatly misunderstood idea. Sins of the fathers are about reincarnation and karma. Only the perpetrator pays for their crimes, not the innocent children. But it frequently takes more than one lifetime for the payment to come due (God is "slow to anger"). Again, this isn't some Zeus character sitting on a cloud throwing lightning bolts. This is natural law of the universe.

As for things like the Flood, I would suspect we had help from the celestial guardians or whatever one might want to call them -- our brother and sister immortals.

You say that the universe is unfolding as it should. I love your reference to the poem, "Desiderata." I've discovered a few things about the mechanics of creation and what you said on this point hits the nail on the head. Creation as we usually think of it takes place in two steps. One is the idea or template. The other is best described as "allowing." A creator first gets the picture of the desired end result. This does not manifest in the physical universe, because such a creation is without the dimension known as time or persistence. "Allowing" the creation gives it that dimension in the time stream. Genesis 1 is about the first step. Genesis 2 (God's "day of rest") is about the second step. In fact, one might say we are still living in God's "day of rest" -- the last 15-20 billion years of it. So, yes! I agree. The universe is on automatic pilot -- allowed to run off on its own as if it were "creating itself."

When the great teacher, Yehoshua, said that knowing the truth would set you free, he was referring to this aspect of the mechanics of creation. You view the truth of a problem, and you take the time dimension out of it. You return the creation to its moment of inception -- the instantaneity of its creation. That "moment" is not in the past, but is perhaps best thought of as perpendicular to the time stream. It is in the discontinuous realm described by the Buddhists as "paramita" -- "the other shore."

The nature of our trap here is the continuity-based creations such as the dichotomies, good-evil, victim-perpetrator, generous-selfish, compassionate-indifferent, and many others. These are the forbidden fruit that allowed us to "feel" guilt and other mortal degradations. With humble confidence we can rise above these.

I take issue with your portrayal of the writer of Genesis as "some poor ignorant." You may be found to be right, when all the answers are in. I don't know. However, I suspect that there is a lot more wisdom in Genesis that most give it credit for (biblical literalists included).

I agree that the "celestial guardians" would not pick and choose who to love. Immortal spirit, however, cannot be destroyed.

Perhaps too much emphasis is put on the materialistic -- the physical bodies. One might step on an ant and think nothing of it. One might take medicine to cure a disease, but in the process kill millions of bacteria. Killing the bodies to resurrect the spirit is a no brainer if the value is put solely in the sleeping immortal.

Suicide is perhaps the most selfish act one can do. It is pure victim. Yet sacrificing one's life for one's friends is considered sacred. What's the difference? When we can answer that, we will understand the true value of life and the purpose of our existence in this physical plane. I talk more about this in my blog on "Humble Confidence" (http://blog.ancientsuns.com/?p=3).

How does all this relate to Noah's Flood? I think it has to do with an ongoing rescue mission -- one that has lasted for more than 10.5 million years. When Yehoshua beat the money changers in the temple, he was doing the same thing that "God," or whatever, did with the Flood. The goal is reawakening. Anything that stands in the way of that reawakening is "wicked." When, as a child, I first learned that the usually loving, "turn-the-other-cheek" "savior" had gotten so rowdy in the temple, I was shocked. Now, I think I understand. But I know for a certainty that I have a long way to go. And your dialog helps.

LoneStar77
(Carl Martin)
www.GenesisCode.Net
www.MissionAtlantis.Com
www.CarlMartin.Net
Report Spam   Logged

LoneStar77
(Carl Martin)
"Now we have proof that something BIG happened right when Plato's Atlantis subdided. We have the 'smoking gun.'"
www.MissionAtlantis.com
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: