Atlantis Online
April 20, 2024, 12:29:03 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Were seafarers living here 16,000 years ago?
http://www.canada.com/victoriatimescolonist/news/story.html?id=34805893-6a53-46f5-a864-a96d53991051&k=39922

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

What Did Atlantis Look Like?

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What Did Atlantis Look Like?  (Read 9275 times)
Goddess of Love, Hate & Fury
Superhero Member

« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2011, 05:45:12 pm »

I never said that sea levels rose over night.  Not sure where you got that from.

Well, you implied it:

Now to your statement about why no one remembers the pole shift.  There are 500 plus legends about said event.  It's called the end of the last ice age.  When sea levels rose about 400 feet.  So I think a few people were around.

Floods usually happen pretty quickly, right?  Point is, if they happened over generations, as happened over the end of the Ice Age, they wouldn't be noticed by anyone. And it took thousands of years before the water levels got to that four hundred feet.

You have to go with the scientific evidence to support a location. So far I haven't seen anything to suggest that Antarctica has it.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark of Australia

« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2011, 12:30:43 am »

Hi all,
Earth crust displacement may or may not have scientific value but either way it doesnt really have much to do with Atlantis.
I can not see how Antarctica could be mistaken for Atlantis. convince me.
Report Spam   Logged
Helios
Superhero Member

« Reply #32 on: July 04, 2011, 02:51:09 am »

Hello Mark, all,

The only evidence I can see that Atlantis was Antarctica is this satellite photo of a circular object beneath the ice of Antarctica. It has never been satisfactorily explained:

It comes from the Ted Danson documentary, Search for Atlantis. It is intriguing.

Having said that, I actually prefer an Atlantis location for Atlantis, one further north.
Report Spam   Logged

"This power came forth out of the Atlantic Ocean, for in those days the Atlantic was navigable; and there was an island situated in front of the straits called the Pillars of Heracles; the island was larger than Libya and Asia put together..."
Mark of Australia

« Reply #33 on: July 04, 2011, 03:59:11 am »

Hi Helios , good to see you are still around,
That 'shape' in the ice is a bit much. come on , its not even a circle, and as we know there are natural geological phenomena that can make perfect circles in the landscape such as eroded salt domes and meteor craters. check out the eroded salt dome known as the bulls eye of Africa, spectacular. I consider it one of the best 'proofs' that Atlantis could be real. It's about all we have at this point.
Report Spam   Logged
Helios
Superhero Member

« Reply #34 on: July 04, 2011, 04:42:07 am »

Mark,
In all fairness, it isn't a perfect circle because it is a screen capture from a VHS tape, so it looks a bit distorted. In reality, it is very nearly a perfect circle.  Understand, I am not stating this as unquestioned proof that it is evidence of Atlantis, only that I like to keep my mind open to all theories.

check out the eroded salt dome known as the bulls eye of Africa, spectacular.

Are you talking about the Richat Structure?  I'll admit that resembles the circular city, too, however, I did question Ulf Richter on it before he died and he stated that there was no evidence of an advanced civilization around it. They had a few primitive settlements at best.  I do think that Morocco might have some of the answers we are looking for. In one of Charles Berlitz' books, he had a picture of an underwater structure that looked like buildings off the coast of Morocco.  That may have something to do with Atlantis as well, but no one has ever investigated it.
It's good to see that you have returned to the study of Atlantis, too. I have found that a lot of researchers tire of the topic once they realize there are no easy answers to this dilemma.
Report Spam   Logged

"This power came forth out of the Atlantic Ocean, for in those days the Atlantic was navigable; and there was an island situated in front of the straits called the Pillars of Heracles; the island was larger than Libya and Asia put together..."
Robert0326
Superhero Member

« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2011, 09:34:30 am »

I never said that sea levels rose over night.  Not sure where you got that from.

Well, you implied it:

Now to your statement about why no one remembers the pole shift.  There are 500 plus legends about said event.  It's called the end of the last ice age.  When sea levels rose about 400 feet.  So I think a few people were around.

Floods usually happen pretty quickly, right?  Point is, if they happened over generations, as happened over the end of the Ice Age, they wouldn't be noticed by anyone. And it took thousands of years before the water levels got to that four hundred feet.

You have to go with the scientific evidence to support a location. So far I haven't seen anything to suggest that Antarctica has it.

No I didn't imply it.  Yes, you are right and I agree that it took thousands of years for sea levels to rise.  But people would have noticed once structures started to sink beneath the waves.  There are hundreds of underwater structures all over the world  
Now as far as Antarctica being the possible site for Atlantis, one could turn to myth and legend. (After all, that's what it is so far).  The Aztecs spoke of their original homeland of Aztlan the "Place of Whiteness."  There are also legends in India and Iran That also speak of a "Polar Paradise."
Report Spam   Logged

Blasphemy is a victimless crime.
"The day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the Supreme Being as His father, in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter."     Letter to John Adams, April 11, 1823 -Thomas Jefferson
Mark of Australia

« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2011, 02:34:22 pm »

hey Helios ,
yeah it was the Richat structure. But don't get me wrong, I don't mean that the Richat structure itself was the site of Atlantis, simply that there is a natural phenomenon that creates features which closely resemble the layout of Atlantis is what I consider a kind of proof of Atlantis. How could  Plato have accidently come up with that plan that so happens to resemble the eroded salt dome features? How could he have known about Richat?. I just think that maybe wherever Atlantis is located it will be found to be in one of those salt domes.

I dont think I will ever completely tire of Atlantis, but for awhile there I was discouraged from even mentioning the word...long story.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 02:36:02 pm by Mark of Australia » Report Spam   Logged
Superhero Member

« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2011, 04:47:41 pm »

There are hundreds of underwater monuments in the world, Robert, but there is only one that looks even remotely manmade (Yonugani) that also date back to the last Ice Age. Even Bimini dates to only about 5,000 bc.

Now as far as Antarctica being the possible site for Atlantis, one could turn to myth and legend. (After all, that's what it is so far).  The Aztecs spoke of their original homeland of Aztlan the "Place of Whiteness."  There are also legends in India and Iran That also speak of a "Polar Paradise."

That would be a good anaology, except that the Aztecs are only about 2,000 years old. Stating that they were descendents of Atlantis would mean that either 1. They, or someone carrried forth the legend for 10,000 years in a time when there was no writing or common language.  2.  Atlantis was a lot more current than people give it credit for, (which means that the end of the last Ice Age wouldn't have anything to do with Atlantis).

I'm thinking it was more recent, however, once again, that doesn't leave pole shifts or Antarctica the answer to it.
Report Spam   Logged
Robert0326
Superhero Member

« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2011, 05:26:41 pm »

There are hundreds of underwater monuments in the world, Robert, but there is only one that looks even remotely manmade (Yonugani) that also date back to the last Ice Age. Even Bimini dates to only about 5,000 bc.

Now as far as Antarctica being the possible site for Atlantis, one could turn to myth and legend. (After all, that's what it is so far).  The Aztecs spoke of their original homeland of Aztlan the "Place of Whiteness."  There are also legends in India and Iran That also speak of a "Polar Paradise."

That would be a good anaology, except that the Aztecs are only about 2,000 years old. Stating that they were descendents of Atlantis would mean that either 1. They, or someone carrried forth the legend for 10,000 years in a time when there was no writing or common language.  2.  Atlantis was a lot more current than people give it credit for, (which means that the end of the last Ice Age wouldn't have anything to do with Atlantis).

I'm thinking it was more recent, however, once again, that doesn't leave pole shifts or Antarctica the answer to it.

Your kidding, right?  That's the only one?  Someone has to do a little more reading and research I think.  Roll Eyes  These are just a few of the man-made structures.  There are supposed ruins of the coast of Cuba and also Dwarka (Home of Krishna) in India.

http://s8int.com/water22.html
http://s8int.com/WordPress/?p=2887
Report Spam   Logged

Blasphemy is a victimless crime.
"The day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the Supreme Being as His father, in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter."     Letter to John Adams, April 11, 1823 -Thomas Jefferson
Superhero Member

« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2011, 03:34:21 am »

Photo: 8000-year-old advanced civilization in Konkan Coast?

One stretch of underwater wall off the Konkan Coast, western India.
The total wall exceeds 24 kilometers (approx. 15 miles)

http://s8int.com/WordPress/?p=2887

You need to read your own links better. The first one suggests the oldest civilization that could have built it dates to the first century BC, while, in the second link. the supposed underwater Indian structures date to 6000 BC (a wall, not a city), and it has yet to be proven to be man made. I've never seen any pictures of underwater cities suggesting to be Dwarka, so I'm guessing it didn't pan out.

If you have pictures, by all means print them so we can all have a look.

As for Cuba, that one has yet to be proven to be man made, too.  The discovery that Zelitsky made in 2001 has never been investigated, but I've heard it was just concrete bunkers dumped after the Cuban Missile Crisis.

These are just a few of the man-made structures.  

No there aren't, and I've looked. If you have any more, by all means, print them.  Sure, there are submerged structures all over the world, but few, if any of them date back to the last Ice Age, as I have mentioned. And if you weren't so busy being flip, you would have seen that that was what I meant.
Report Spam   Logged
BlueHue2

Blue-Hue? is he Just Blind, or a One-eyed 'king' ?

« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2012, 07:23:18 am »

Two growing seasons, sheltered by the northern winds, canals = someplace close to the equator.

Exactly where the City of Aden (= Al-Adan.)was located in or before 1055 bc.with 50 m3eters lower sealevel.
Report Spam   Logged

Atlantis in,"historical-Perspective"
=Known-World,Oikumene=Now,Yemen>Surat-89

This Egyptian,INDIAN-Ocean trade-Empire was
ruled by-CEO-Queen Tiy

PLATO wrote (GREEK!)" ATHE " Now,Aden= Solomon's/OFIR, in Herodotus-Araby-Map

ATLANTIS-Dialogue=Satire,on Athens-Trade boycott(of Darius2,413bc)
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: