Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 05:46:26 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Towering Ancient Tsunami Devastated the Mediterranean
http://www.livescience.com/environment/061130_ancient_tsunami.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Chicxulub

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chicxulub  (Read 1361 times)
Jesse Neel

« on: March 07, 2011, 10:00:04 pm »

Hello Detective,

Yes, I am returned, though not yet quite recovered. There are two items I can testify to be absolutely certain. The Yucatan is one of the most beautiful death traps on the planet, and, there are hot and cold springs just offshore.

Quest,

I am touched by your concern, but the rumors of my demise are somewhat premature, although it was a damned close-run thing.

There are scientists and pseudo-scientists crawling all over the place (very much to my amazement, one or two recognized my name).There was even one group of, I'm not sure how to label them, attempting to channel Edgar Cayce. They said they were, or rather they ARE. I think they were high and are stoned. Whatever they are, they were happy. There were diverse divers, diggers, and dredgers. A plethora of pre-historic paleo-professors. A gaggle of geophysical gomers, and one guy from an oil company questioning his very presence, growling,"I don't know why I'm here, we're sure as hell not gonna drill". I traded him a bottle of hydrogen peroxide for an old army compass.

Oh, yeah. The two guys who said they found evidence of Atlantis in the Carribean, and were keeping mum. Were two guys in a pontoon boat, who had a length of rope with a lead weight on the end. They would throw the weight in the water and when it hit bottom they would yell, "Mark Twain", and toss over some empty beer cans.

The fact is, there is evidence of civilization on the continental shelves - everywhere.

Here is some real news:

http://blogs.nationalgeographic.com/blogs/news/chiefeditor/2011/02/skull-in-mexico-cave-may-be-oldest-american-found.html

Skull in Underwater Cave May Be Earliest Trace of First Americans

Posted on February 18, 2011

By Fabio Esteban Amador

Explorers have discovered what might be the oldest evidence of humans in the Americas.

What Was Found at the Bottom of the Black Hole?

While the team of explorers conducted various dives for the purpose of mapping and surveying of this newly discovered pit, they noticed some peculiar bones sitting on the bottom. They first came across several megafauna remains and what was clearly a mastodon bone, while subsequent dives proved even more exciting when they spotted a human skull resting upside down with other nearby remains at about 140 feet [43 meters] depth.

"The findings of Hoyo Negro are a once-in-a-lifetime discovery. The skull looks pre-Maya, which could make it one of the oldest set of human remains in the area. . . ."

What is the Significance of the Discovery of Hoyo Negro?

The human found with the megafauna remains in Hoyo Negro could represent the oldest evidence of humans yet discovered in the Americas.

Archaeological and genetic data have long supported a northeast Asia origin for the populations that first settled North and South America. The so-called "First Americans" or Paleoindian peoples likely entered into these new lands sometime between 15,000 and 20,000 years ago.

Although a number of early archaeological sites have been excavated, only few sets of Paleoindian remains have been found. A detailed analysis of the human skeletal remains from Hoyo Negro can help us to better understand who these First Americans were and when they arrived here, which is one of the greatest mysteries in American archaeology.

Radiometric dating of the human bones from Hoyo Negro will have to wait for now, but its location within the cave, and its position relative to the mastodon remains, are suggestive of its antiquity.

National Geographic has been active in featuring similar discoveries made by cave divers on the Yucatan peninsula. In 2008 National Geographic Daily News published the discovery of the Eve of Naharon, a female skeleton dated to 13,600 years old, which was also found in an underwater cave in Quintana Roo. (Oldest Skeleton in Americas Found in Underwater Cave? )

More recently in 2010, National Geographic Daily News published an article on the Young Man of Chan Hol, a possible ritual burial from 10,000 years ago. (Undersea Cave Yields One of Oldest Skeletons in Americas)

In addition to the latest extraordinary expedition and amazing discovery, Robbie Schmittner connected the Aktun-Hu cave system (where Hoyo Negro is located) to the Sac Actun cave system. Together they may now represent the longest underwater cave system in the world.

All for now, when I get back to normal I will write more.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: