Atlantis Online
April 18, 2024, 12:34:16 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Were seafarers living here 16,000 years ago?
http://www.canada.com/victoriatimescolonist/news/story.html?id=34805893-6a53-46f5-a864-a96d53991051&k=39922

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Looking for A Picture

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for A Picture  (Read 1314 times)
Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2007, 01:10:13 pm »

Hi Mark
I know you're in Australia, and my sister lives in Canada and has never been to Australia, so I know it's not her.  But if ever she had a twin, that would be it.
Report Spam   Logged

An open-minded view of the past allows for an unprejudiced glimpse into the future.

Logic rules.

"Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong."
Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2008, 03:43:36 am »

Hi - I need another reference to a picture in this forum somewhere.
I've just spent over an hour looking where I thought it should be but no luck.  It was pictures of beautiful jewellry that was apparently very very old. 
Please help.
thanks
Q
Report Spam   Logged

An open-minded view of the past allows for an unprejudiced glimpse into the future.

Logic rules.

Byron
Superhero Member

« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2008, 01:03:31 pm »

What was the jewelry in relation to?  Ancient history, lifestyles of the rich and famous or what?   Huh
Report Spam   Logged

Win One for the Lion

Healthcare is a Right, Not a Privilige
Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2008, 06:46:45 pm »

It was ancient jewelly, very unique and there's lots of pictures and we were guessing how it was made.  And then developed in electroplating.  I'm sure I've read somewhere that the Egyptians knew how to electroplate, and if they did, they had some form of electricy even if it was only a very mild current.  So I figured if I could find the thread with the pictures, I just may have posted the article about an artifact being found from thousands of years ago, that was electroplated.  I thought it was Mario Dantas who had posted the pictures oginally, but I scanned thru his thread and didn't see them.
Report Spam   Logged

Logic rules.

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2008, 12:22:37 am »

Q.

Sorry I am late to read this.  I have been going into a lot of directions myself these last few days.....

The Baghdad battery is supposed to have been used for electroplating.  I am sure that the Egyptians
knew about that, too....here:
http://atlantisonline.smfforfree2.com/index.php/topic,3194.0.html

As for the jewellery, any other kind of descriptions, like from which part of the world, etc?
I am a 'jewellery freak' and if I saw it, I might be able to recall it with a little more info.

BTW, are you sure it was not Tutankhamen's?

Hugs,
b
« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 12:37:26 am by Bianca » Report Spam   Logged

Your mind understands what you have been taught; your heart what is true.
Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2008, 01:08:26 am »

One of the pieces of jewellry was a bracelet and the ends of course curved up towards each other, and each end had a lion on it, and I think it might have been Rocky who noticed that the lions had both manes and nipples, but when I really looked close, it appeared that the "nipples" might have been where the lions were connected to the bracelet. 

One of the articles looked like a set of golden taps.

One of the articles looked like a little monkey face and upon further looking, it appeared to be a rather attravtive little face with a helmut on in front of a keyboard or instrument panel.

The article for electroplating had something to do with some find where it appeared that electroplating was used to cover the article in gold about 500ths of an inch thick or something like that.

I'll check out what you linked me too B, thanks a lot.

Is it Unknown who has kids - because whoever was discussing this said he showed it to his little girl and she thought it was a monkey - the little face one.  I thought it was Mario but ................  Maybe it was Mark Ponta.  I'll check his posts.
Report Spam   Logged

Logic rules.

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2008, 01:42:34 am »

Besides me, Q, Herefornow is the only one who has little kids, to my knowledge....

Sorry, the description doesn't ring any 'bells' for me.

b

P>S.

YES, IT WAS MARIO.  I REMEMBER NOW.  CHECK HIS THREAD, WAY BACK..........

AROUND DECEMBER 07.

I hope it helped.  It's almost 3 am. here.  I'd better go to bed.

Good night!
« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 01:48:28 am by Bianca » Report Spam   Logged

Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2008, 01:54:34 am »

Thanks B, I checked his whole thread and they're gone.  There does seem to be a lot of empty spaces in his thread now.  Deleted posts.
Report Spam   Logged

Logic rules.

Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2008, 02:07:21 am »

Thanks again B.  I thought they were actually posted, so I wasn't looking for a link.
Report Spam   Logged

Logic rules.

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2008, 08:56:44 am »

No link, Q.  They were posted, they were from a treasure trove found in Finland, I think. 

Ask Rocky, she'll know.  The Bok Saga was being discussed.
Report Spam   Logged

Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2008, 11:08:21 am »

Thanks a ton B, I did go back thru Mario's posts last night just to make sure I hadn't missed the pictures, but all I found was links to the picktures, which is just as good.  I also went back in my own thread cause I knew I had posted a picture of a soldering gun, and I found some links there as well.  Thanks again for taking the time to help me out.
Report Spam   Logged

Logic rules.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: