Atlantis Online
April 19, 2024, 02:55:15 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Update About Cuba Underwater Megalithic Research
http://www.timstouse.com/EarthHistory/Atlantis/bimini.htm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Science, the Bible & Evolution

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 93   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Science, the Bible & Evolution  (Read 14485 times)
Brooke
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #45 on: December 11, 2007, 01:11:53 pm »

Brooke

Member # 2806

Member Rated:
   posted 12-13-2005 09:36 PM                       
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You wrote:
There's no science in the Bible. It's a simple fact. The only way you can even suggest that there Is is to impress all these modern THEORIES upon what is basically a work of POETRY. I let the readers judge what is fact or not and who knows or not what is said. Again you're repeating "it's a fact, it's a fact, it's a fact". By the way, I don't imagine the things like Creationist. Yet there are things they know and people ignore. I have worked in medical area. Did you know there's fiber tissue called "periostium" covering the ribs that could grow again like lizard's tail if removed? Do you know the importance of using marrow in transplant and how it leads to incest genetic endogamy? In case anyone -but Brooke- wants to read before critizing what is ignored, allow yourself reading these:

Well, there you go, Noah and his family were the only ones left alive, so they must have all had incest together.
The Bible IS POETRY, you idiot.
Passed down through oral tradition, huh?
How in the hell was the creation story passed down through oral tradition??
Who was there to see it but GOD?

quote:
I know Brooke is uncapable to read all the links I provided and make intelligent comments. You can read about ribs and clay (even type "montmorillonite" that helps the cell to use RNA as main process in life. Sumerian and Hebrew record knew better than the modern discoveries backing up that account.

Wow, so you’re championing the “Eve from Adam’s rib” thing, too? Wow, and in Oscar’s bizarre world, I lack intelligence for not supporting it.
Oscar, the whole thing man from mud thing was also in the account of Prometheus making mortals, too. Does that mean that the Jews ripped the idea off from the Greeks or does that mean that God clued them in on creation, too?

quote:
Sorry Brooke, I tried to have a logic argument with you and provided specific data. If that pisses you off and the only thing you will answer is the same litter "is a fact, is a fact, is a fact", no logic conversation is possible.

No logic and selective science on your behalf don’t make for much of an argument, Oscar.

quote:
I don't have the time or energy to teach everything your incompetent brain ignores.

There’s some science for ya!

quote:
You quote the text making fun of it. Do you have any idea what's the meaning of 'soul' in Hebrew? The word is "nephesh" also meaning blood and life. Human beings (Adam means "man") breath with the nostrils and yet what provides oxygen is blood taking it from lungs and then carrying it to the whole body. Adam becoming a living soul but his name and all these words are linked with blood, important in the process of becoming a LIVING soul and the word "neshama" meaning "breathing".

Wow, so the Jews figured out that Adam had to breathe before he could become alive. Very insightful; deduction. I know I believe in the Bible verbatim now.

quote:
You feel too cocky but I have to say you're not like Ishtar. She's smart, learns and even contradicts with wisdom. You're just another empty head passing by.

No, I’m simply not a blithering idiot still brainwashed by my upbringing.

quote:
You know nothing of my faith cos I haven't said all the things I believe.

Why would you have to?
Just the fact that you’re so deadest against evolution means to me that you’re a creationist, deny it or not.

quote:
I agree with some concepts of creationist but not all of them. There are many alternatives that fit like a glove with Deluge geological evidence, not just the canopy but the water under the surface of the earth in Panthalassa and Pangea times.

How would the Jews know what happened in Pangea times, Oscar?
And if they did, why is there no mention of the dinosaurs?

quote:
Spock out!

More like Sulu if you ask me.

--------------------
"The most incomprehensible thing about our universe is that it can be comprehended." - Albert Einstein

Report Spam   Logged

"The most incomprehensible thing about our universe is that it can be comprehended." - Albert Einstein
Brooke
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #46 on: December 11, 2007, 01:12:18 pm »

Brooke

Member # 2806

Member Rated:
   posted 12-13-2005 09:38 PM                       

quote:
I reckon you're sceptical person. Okey dokey. Lemme remind you scientists have discovered there's 5 times more water hidden in molten layers of rock near earth's core than water in oceans. So the "poetry' used not only in the Bible hides scientific truth:
Deep water locked away in crystal lattices instead of pooling in Jules Verne's giant underground seas of his Journey To The Centre of the Earth.

Fine, where’s the evidence that all this water poured out and made a worldwide flood, genius?

quote:
An example of poetry in case you didn't notice (before I rest my case with your incompetence) is the craftman working with clay to make pots. Has it ever occured to you the movement of the clay in order to make a jar or a pot? Rotatory right? Well, my dearrrr preciousssss ignorant, the Bible says in the book of Job, that the earth is like the clay in the hands of that artist before science discovered rotation of the planet. In fact of you wanna talk about math and concepts of 360 degrees, 7th day (sabbath) in a year of 365 days and 12 months and 12 hours by day and night we can still rewind things from the past, including Hebrews, Mayans, Sumerians and Egyptians. Hence we still follow myth in science. Bye bye stupid!

Just because we ended up with a 365 day calendar, Sir Stupid doesn’t mean that we still believe every ill conceived myth that the ancients came up with. Most REAL scientists take them as they are, stories made up to explain the unexplainable. They don’t look for ways to still prove that people like Hercules, Zeus and Cerebrus, the three-headed dog might have actually existed. Idiot.

--------------------

Report Spam   Logged

Brooke
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #47 on: December 11, 2007, 01:12:47 pm »

Brooke

Member # 2806

Member Rated:
   posted 12-13-2005 09:39 PM                       

quote:
Ishtar, thanks for the link. There have been many documentaries of the device in Ararat. The region is difficult to climb and it's difficult to say if what has been found is the ark or not mainly due to the environment. Yet, the very fact a huge object has been found there and known for generations with the testimony of several climbers and even people who have photographed the object which is large makes us think what other thing could be? Unless people get cynical and deny everything as 100% bull$hit which is even as absurd as believe everything without investigation.

Sure, a four thousand foot ark made of wood actually survived when all other wooden objects from that time have actually rotted away.
Oh, forget, the ark was made of “gopher wood.” What is that in your vernacular, Oscar, titanium?

quote:
Stupid people would think all mountains of the planet had the same size as today and wonder about Andes or Himalayas high mountains with snow in Deluge times! It's a geological scientific fact that mountians were smaller in the past and they have been increasing size with the passing of time due to several reasons too many to explain for them now…

Sure, six thousand years ago, Mt. Everest was only a little molehill.

--------------------

Report Spam   Logged

Brooke
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #48 on: December 11, 2007, 01:13:11 pm »

Brooke

Member # 2806

Member Rated:
   posted 12-13-2005 09:41 PM                       

quote:
If Adam and Eve were the last thing created, before their creator took the seventh day off, then on what day were they created?

Duh, it wasn't day five was it now.

Nope. Fifth day stands. Check it out below.

On the sixth day, God was finishing up the heavens. The rest of the universe would merit at least a whole day, especially the planets that Oscar and Volitzer came from.

quote:
Regarding your last link, I can only say this, Ishtar. Scientist DO TRUST in laws of the universe but most of them in arrogance believed it's possible to be laws without Lawgiver!!!

There you go, Oscar, fundies rock!

quote:
Johnee. First I repeat according to Hebrew text we're not dealing with "creation" but merely "formation". The couple was formed ending the 6th day like "Adam" Arnold Schwarzenegger in 6th Day (Freemason hidden message).

Bunk. And why is this so important to you?

[ 12-13-2005, 09:43 PM: Message edited by: Brooke ]

--------------------

Report Spam   Logged

Brooke
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #49 on: December 11, 2007, 01:13:45 pm »

Brooke

Member # 2806

Member Rated:
   posted 12-13-2005 09:42 PM                       

quote:
Created or formed on the sixth day, agreed oscar, not the fifth as Brooke corrected me in another string.

Johnee, read what it says:

quote:
1:23 And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.
1:24 And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so.
1:25 And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good.
1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
1:28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.
1:29 And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.
1:30 And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so.
1:31 And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

It was the evening and the morning when God finished up.
Since when do people get up in the evening to go to work??

quote:
Trashing the first page of the bible seems to have become an internet obsession, the world wide web is my best candidate for the **** of Babylon.

That’s because there are all these obnoxious Christian fundamentalists out there trying to tell people how they should live. If you weren’t Christian wouldn’t you find that a bit obnoxious yourself?

[ 12-13-2005, 09:44 PM: Message edited by: Brooke ]

--------------------

Report Spam   Logged

Brooke
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #50 on: December 11, 2007, 01:14:06 pm »

Brooke

Member # 2806

Member Rated:
   posted 12-13-2005 09:45 PM                       

quote:
best candidate for the **** of Babylon.

boy you got that right

and oscar i never thought about the mountains being smaller, yes they would have been,

Ishtar, do you understand geology at all?
The mountains were smaller MILLIONS OF YEARS AGO!
Not thousands!

So either you set the Noah story back millions of years in time, way past a time when it was even CONCEIVABLE for oral tradition to have been involved in it at all, else it didn’t happen at all, or was a local flood, depending on what you believe.

I’m not trying to knock anyone’s faith here. I just get seriously ticked when someone calls me names for not sharing their beliefs in something that was, let’s face it, basically a collection of mythological stories.

[ 12-13-2005, 09:45 PM: Message edited by: Brooke ]

--------------------

Report Spam   Logged

Brooke
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #51 on: December 11, 2007, 01:14:30 pm »

johnee

Member # 1580

posted 12-13-2005 10:03 PM                       
Brooke what then was created on the sixth day?

You say:
“why is there no mention of the dinosaurs?”

"Look at the behemoth,
which I made along with you
and which feeds on grass like an ox.
16 What strength he has in his loins,
what power in the muscles of his belly!
17 His tail sways like a cedar;
the sinews of his thighs are close-knit.
18 His bones are tubes of bronze,
his limbs like rods of iron.
19 He ranks first among the works of God,
yet his Maker can approach him with his sword.
20 The hills bring him their produce,
and all the wild animals play nearby.
21 Under the lotus plants he lies,
hidden among the reeds in the marsh.
22 The lotuses conceal him in their shadow;
the poplars by the stream surround him.
23 When the river rages, he is not alarmed;
he is secure, though the Jordan should surge against his mouth.
24 Can anyone capture him by the eyes,
or trap him and pierce his nose?
1 "Can you pull in the leviathan with a fishhook
or tie down his tongue with a rope?
2 Can you put a cord through his nose
or pierce his jaw with a hook?
3 Will he keep begging you for mercy?
Will he speak to you with gentle words?
4 Will he make an agreement with you
for you to take him as your slave for life?
5 Can you make a pet of him like a bird
or put him on a leash for your girls?
6 Will traders barter for him?
Will they divide him up among the merchants?
7 Can you fill his hide with harpoons
or his head with fishing spears?
8 If you lay a hand on him,
you will remember the struggle and never do it again!
9 Any hope of subduing him is false;
the mere sight of him is overpowering.
10 No one is fierce enough to rouse him.
Who then is able to stand against me?
11 Who has a claim against me that I must pay?
Everything under heaven belongs to me.
12 "I will not fail to speak of his limbs,
his strength and his graceful form.
13 Who can strip off his outer coat?
Who would approach him with a bridle?
14 Who dares open the doors of his mouth,
ringed about with his fearsome teeth?
15 His back has rows of shields
tightly sealed together;
16 each is so close to the next
that no air can pass between.
17 They are joined fast to one another;
they cling together and cannot be parted.
18 His snorting throws out flashes of light;
his eyes are like the rays of dawn.
19 Firebrands stream from his mouth;
sparks of fire shoot out.
20 Smoke pours from his nostrils
as from a boiling pot over a fire of reeds.
21 His breath sets coals ablaze,
and flames dart from his mouth.
22 Strength resides in his neck;
dismay goes before him.
23 The folds of his flesh are tightly joined;
they are firm and immovable.
24 His chest is hard as rock,
hard as a lower millstone.
25 When he rises up, the mighty are terrified;
they retreat before his thrashing.
26 The sword that reaches him has no effect,
nor does the spear or the dart or the javelin.
27 Iron he treats like straw
and bronze like rotten wood.
28 Arrows do not make him flee;
slingstones are like chaff to him.
29 A club seems to him but a piece of straw;
he laughs at the rattling of the lance.
30 His undersides are jagged potsherds,
leaving a trail in the mud like a threshing sledge.
31 He makes the depths churn like a boiling caldron
and stirs up the sea like a pot of ointment.
32 Behind him he leaves a glistening wake;
one would think the deep had white hair.
33 Nothing on earth is his equal—
a creature without fear.
34 He looks down on all that are haughty;
he is king over all that are proud." 
Report Spam   Logged

Brooke
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #52 on: December 11, 2007, 01:14:52 pm »

johnee

Member # 1580

posted 12-13-2005 10:19 PM                       
http://www.kids4truth.com/eng_creation.htm
Report Spam   Logged

Brooke
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #53 on: December 11, 2007, 01:15:16 pm »

Sarah

Member # 2812

Member Rated:
   posted 12-13-2005 10:41 PM                       
In my personal opinion, those who are looking for science in the Bible are missing the entire point of the book. It's a collection of morality plays designed to instruct people how to lead their lives and, perhaps, the consequences of their actions should they disobey. Think of it, each tale teaches a lesson, in each act there is a right and a wrong. What other purpose did it have but to instruct?

With the awareness that it was meant to instruct, is it that hard to believe that much of the material was sretched and fabricated to make it's point? It certainly isn't to me anyway.

Many Greek moralit plays, even Plato's Timaeus and Critias do the same, on a much smaller scale.

--------------------
"If I forget thee, O Jerusalem, may my right hand fail..." - King David, Psalms 137:5

http://www.zwoje-scrolls.com/shoah/index.html

http://www.holocaustchronicle.org/

Report Spam   Logged

Brooke
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #54 on: December 11, 2007, 01:15:42 pm »

Brooke

Member # 2806

Member Rated:
   posted 12-13-2005 11:09 PM                       

quote:
Brooke what then was created on the sixth day?

Here you go, Johnee:

quote:
1:31 And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

2:1 Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.

Sounds like God was finishing up the universe, as I noted earlier!

And then we have:

quote:
2:2 And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.

So, once again, humans were made on the fifth day.

The universe was finished up on the sixth.

But none of that matters because it really didn't happen like that anyway.

--------------------

Report Spam   Logged

Brooke
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #55 on: December 11, 2007, 01:16:12 pm »

johnee

Member # 1580

posted 12-14-2005 12:14 AM                       
Have it your own way then Brooke, but if;

“none of that matters because it really didn't happen like that anyway”.

Then why are you bothered, throw the book away and ignore the bible thumping fundies if you think it has just been a monstrous fraud on humanity. Put your complete faith in these unnamed scientists you keep mentioning, because the bible was certainly not written as an explanation of the universe that will ever satisfy them. 
Report Spam   Logged

Brooke
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #56 on: December 11, 2007, 01:16:39 pm »

Absonite

Member # 1766

posted 12-14-2005 01:07 AM                       
quote:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rendition victim was handed over to the US by HIS MAMA
By CoocooBranes Brownoser, Deputy Political Slant
Published: 14 December 2005
MI6 officers interrogated a former UK troublemaker in Pakistan, Joe Strawman, the Foreign Girly Secretary, said yesterday. The man, a terrorist suspect, says MI6 handed him to the CIA for "extraordinary rendition" and torture and name calling and a smack upside his head .
The allegations by Mohammed Mohammed Mohammed el- Mohammed of MohammedLand , 27, in which he details the abuse, sleep deprivation and torture inflicted on him, were previously uncorroborated, they even took away his teddybear lined with a suicide belt and C-12, but Mr Strawman admitted for the first time that at least part of his story was true. The Teddybear part.
Reading from a brief, Mr Strawman told MPs: "Mr Mohammed Mohammed Mohammed el- Mohammed of Mohammed was interviewed once in KaKaLand by the security services. The security services had no role in his capture or transfer from PakiKaKaLand. The security service officer did not observe any abuse and no incidents of abuse were reported to him by Mr Mohammed Mohammed Mohammed el- Mohammed of Mohammed"
Asked whether he could confirm Mr Mohammed Mohammed Mohammed el- Mohammed of Mohammed was handed over to the Americans in KaKaLandi, Mr Strawman said: "I know nothing about it." However, the official confirmation of Mr Mohammed Mohammed Mohammed el- Mohammed of Mohammed claims that he was seen by British MI6 officers while in custody in PakiKaKA will strengthen his legal claims that he was abused after being handed over to the US from the US in the US and to the US.
His reptilian lawyers, Smith & Wesson, believes Mr Mohammed Mohammed Mohammed el- Mohammed of Mohammed could be the first wacked out malcontent to become a victim of extraordinary repetition by the US of the US and for the US. He is facing trial at a military court at GuanKAKAALLALALALAND Bay, and could be jailed for life under the Government Mercy statute act some see as cruelty to crazed animals. No date has been set for his return to sanity. Good riddence.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://news.dependent.co.ukakakaka/politics/article666-666-666eek
--------------------
SMIRK McKaKaface
EX-GPUNK&MALCONTENTSOCIALOUTCASTWITH NOLIFESPOILEDLITTLEBRATPUNKKNOWITALLKIDPUNKJERKOFF

Report Spam   Logged

Brooke
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #57 on: December 11, 2007, 01:17:01 pm »

Brooke

Member # 2806

Member Rated:
   posted 12-14-2005 01:40 AM                       

quote:
Originally posted by johnee:
Have it your own way then Brooke, but if;

“none of that matters because it really didn't happen like that anyway”.

Then why are you bothered, throw the book away and ignore the bible thumping fundies if you think it has just been a monstrous fraud on humanity. Put your complete faith in these unnamed scientists you keep mentioning, because the bible was certainly not written as an explanation of the universe that will ever satisfy them.

I'm not bothered by it. The idea for this thread simply started because I made a comment that science and the Bible simply don't mix and Oscar suggested we start a thread on it.

Thye don't mix and any attempts to make the two of them fit together are forced at best.

You're welcome to believe what you want, Johnee, Ishtar and Oscar. But the Bible has done just as much harm over the ages, as hurt. Or rather people's "interpretation" of it is what brought the harm. If you're interpreting it all as "true," in my opinion, that is what puts you among the wrong.

--------------------

Report Spam   Logged

Brooke
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #58 on: December 11, 2007, 01:17:23 pm »

Heather Delaria

Member # 2196

Member Rated:
   posted 12-14-2005 01:55 AM                       
Jesus may have preached tolerance for others, but there are words in the Bible that say the exact opposite. In fact, the teachings of the Bible are almost complete contradictions to one another in some places. Plus, the book demeans women. It was written by men, many of whom apparently had issues with women.

--------------------
"An it harm none, do what ye will."
-the Wiccan Rede

Report Spam   Logged

Brooke
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #59 on: December 11, 2007, 01:19:24 pm »

I_am_that_I_am

Member # 1238

Member Rated:
   posted 12-14-2005 10:23 AM                       

quote:
the book demeans women

I agree that from our point of view in this time and space it can be demeaning to women, but did they themselves view it that way back then??

Here's an example of what I mean in today's terms...

quote:
 Saudi Women Politely Ask Hughes to Back-off
Senior aid to President George W Bush, and the under secretary of state for public diplomacy, Karen P Hughes is on a mission to spread the powers of democracy -- and the lifestyle of women from the United States.
Hughes told women in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, that Arab women are oppressed and Hughes expressed her personal "hope" that Saudi women would be able to become full participants in Saudi society.

Women have equal rights, Hughes said, and they vote and drive cars in the United States, she added.

Hughes spoke of her personal mission as under secretary to a pre-screened audience of women. The only males in attendance were a handful of print journalists --pushed to one side of the auditorium away from the women-- and broadcast journalists were banned all together.

These finer points of Hughes visit to a packed auditorium were not at Hughes' request, but simply the norms of Saudi Arabia.

On 27 September, Hughes was told to back off, by the same Arab women Hughes says must be freed from oppression. While Hughes addressed women at Dar Al-Hekma College, her audience grew increasingly agitated by the stateswoman's perception of Saudi female culture.

"We are all pretty happy," said one woman.

[/b]"Americans fail to understand our society" said another citing how men and women of Saudi Arabia do live peaceful and in cooperative coexistence. Another woman said she resented that "one-way ideas" from the United States are being spread across the Arab world as the only way to live.[/b]

"Not everyone wants to live like you," said one female student who is 23.

Saudi Arabia was the second stop of Hughes' Middle East tour meant to promote concepts of living from the United States. One day earlier, Hughes was questioned in Egypt about President Bush's frequent references to God in his speeches, and Hughes said that God exists in the Constitution as "one nation under God."

Women in attendance, all of which were either enrolled in college or had earned their degrees, told Hughes that they look past their country's ban on women voting or driving. "It is not true we are barred from talking to the other sex," said one health practitioner.

At one point, Hughes paused, collected her thoughts, smiled, and said she'd return to the United States and talk about the women she's met in Saudi Arabia.

One woman said that the United States has become a "right wing country" under President George W Bush and that the press was not allowed to criticize his policies. Hughes laughed and said she wished that were the case, although the women didn't react to her retort. Hughes herself is a former broadcast journalist

An obstetrician, (Dr.) Siddiqa Kamal said she has experienced more male chauvinism in the United States and in Europe than she has in her own country. Kamal runs her own hospital, and said she does not need a driver's license. Her daughter, also a gynecologist and obstetrician, said that women in Saudi Arabia do hold their men accountable.

The role Hughes plays for the current administration has a rocky past, and Hughes is the third woman appointed by President Bush to represent United States values in the Arab world. The first appointee produced an off-colored video about Muslims in the United States for which --former under secretary-- Charlotte Beers' own colleagues said was in poor taste. Beers' successor had no experience in public relations and didn't last four months before Hughes was appointed to the post.

Hughes did not miss the opportunity to tell the Saudis that President Bush fully supports Arab rights in Palestine and those rights of Arab prisoners held in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. Hughes has spent most of her life living in Texas and is a graduate from Southern Methodist University in Dallas.

--------------------
KNOW that as ye do unto the least of thy associates ye do
unto the GOD within THEE that is in the image of the God
without.
E.C.

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 93   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: