Atlantis Online
April 19, 2024, 06:37:50 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THE SEARCH FOR ATLANTIS IN CUBA
A Report by Andrew Collins
http://www.andrewcollins.com/page/articles/atlantiscuba.htm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Comet impact theory disproved

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Comet impact theory disproved  (Read 619 times)
LoneStar77

Carl Martin - Writer, Artist and Software Engineer

« on: March 10, 2009, 01:00:43 am »

Thank you, Mr. BlueHue for your reply. I hope you can be more specific about your statement, "geology and Atlantis (literary research) don't match." You also state that "Plato never suggested such early dates as 10,000 or 9,000 BC this dating error came about by Latin compilers."

Where do you get your data that Latin compilers are the source of so much "confusion." There have been several Greek scholars who have translated original, ancient Greek into English and the "9000" years before Solon is quite evident in each translation. No Latin middlemen there, that I know of.

As the Egyptian priest told Solon in Sais, Egypt, there have been many calamities to strike humanity and destroy civilization, mostly of fire and water. So, it doesn't surprise me that there were comet (meteor?) impacts at the dates you quoted. Neither one, however, would seem to have anything to do with Atlantis, if so many scholars are correct in their translations. In fact, I'm corresponding with one such scholar.

You make a number of assertions that are supposed "spell breakers." Can you reveal your sources to back up your assertions? That would be helpful. I'm in this for the truth, whatever that truth is. If you've got it, please share the details. Both your assertions and mine are merely theories until Atlantis is actually found.

Key to your argument seems to be the Latin compilers. What is your source on this? And how do Latin compilers affect all of the ancient Greek translations? Didn't the ancient Greek come before the Latin? After all, ancient Greek is the language of Plato. Or are you saying that Latin compilers copied the ancient Greek incorrectly?

The idea that Plato's "9000" years before Solon was a mistranslation and off by a factor of ten is interesting, but hardly likely. This would mean that all of the dates mentioned in the dialogues would be suspect and likely off by the same factor. Take for instance the figure of 8000 years of Egyptian history, mentioned by the priest of Sais. If this were reduced to 800 years, it wouldn't make sense. Egyptian history goes back much further than 800 years prior to Solon (800 + 600 = 1400 BC). Egyptian history by modern accounts goes back to about 3100 BC, at the reign of Pharaoh Menes in the so called "First Dynasty."

The proponents of the Minoan Hypothesis seem to avoid discussing these other details, because it bursts their bubble... or poses as a "spell breaker" to their clever enchantments.

So, Mr. BlueHue, I look forward to your reply. The details of your sources would help greatly.

LoneStar77
(Carl Martin)
http://www.AncientSuns.com

Report Spam   Logged

LoneStar77
(Carl Martin)
"Now we have proof that something BIG happened right when Plato's Atlantis subdided. We have the 'smoking gun.'"
www.MissionAtlantis.com

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: