Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 01:29:56 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Update About Cuba Underwater Megalithic Research
http://www.timstouse.com/EarthHistory/Atlantis/bimini.htm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Piri Reis and the Columbus Map

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Piri Reis and the Columbus Map  (Read 4804 times)
mdsungate

Hermes, Gateway of the Sun

« on: July 09, 2007, 03:16:44 pm »

Shocked Wow Bianca, there's more information here than the History Channels expo on Peri.  Hapgood would be proud of you!! I own a copy of his book, "Maps of the Ancient Sea Kings"  It is a scholarly work, with impecable sources.

Hapgood was a History of Science professor at Keene College in New Hampshire, although his areas of inquiry obviously went far beyond simple history.

Charles Hapgood, however his theories did not initially start with these maps.
Hapgood's basic theory concerns Earth crustal displacement, a close analog to the idea of "pole shift," where the surface of the Earth actually changes position. Hapgood says that the entire surface crust of the Earth "may be displaced at times, moving over the soft inner body, much as the skin of an orange, if it were loose, might shift over the inner part of the orange all in one piece." This theory drew the attention of Albert Einstein as well, who contributed the forward to Hapgood's 1953 book. Einstein's quote, reprinted on pg. 10 of Hancock's book, is definitely worth inserting here:

Here's what Einstein had to say in the preface to Hapgood's book:

I frequently receive communications from people who wish to consult me concerning their unpublished ideas [Einstein observed]. It goes without saying that these ideas are very seldom possessed of scientific validity. The very first communication, however, that I received from Mr. Hapgood electrified me. His idea is original, of great simplicity, and - if it continues to prove itself - of great importance to everything that is related to the history of the earth's surface.

Of course this all ties in with what I'm posting about ley lines.  The maps are evidence of the Atlaltean civilization, and ancient technology.  The following quote is taken from this site;

http://www.dprins.demon.nl/convergence/9918.html

Therefore, it is almost inevitably obvious that there must have been many Atlantean maps of the world at one time. These maps would have been very precise, given the level of sophistication that we have seen

Then it goes on to say:

We can speculate on how these maps might have been handed down, based on a variety of sources of information. We are told that after the last pole shift 12,500 years ago, the main body of Atlantean land sank. The survivors from the Atlantean priesthood kept themselves in a tight-knit, secluded monastic community, since most of the rest of humanity had descended into barbarism. Since most of the land disappeared, with only a few survivors left, it is clear that only a select few of these maps remained as well.

How our science can ignore this kind of information is what baffles me. 

Report Spam   Logged

Hermes Trismegistus:  “As above, so below.”

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: